What to do with laptop

I've always just left mine set up on the table and have never had a problem. I do usually stash my iPad in one of the clothes drawers, and every time I return, it's very clear that the drawer hasn't even been touched.

We had a situation at BWI where the safe ws not working and it took several days to get it fixed. I locked all my important devices in a suitcase and put the suitcase in the closet. DH is a little more trusting than I am and put his in a drawer under some clothing. No problems.

Lock it up, no matter what it takes. A few years ago, DS was in WDW on a school trip. Someone went into the room, went through everything and stole all the electronics from 4 boys.

Even though their chaperone was able to show security and police that door lock was faulty, I had to FIGHT with Disney to get a settlement on the items. Was absolutely not satisfied with the result or their handling, but we've moved on.

Lesson learned, better safe than sorry.

Leave it out all the time. Never had a problem.

As weird as it seems in this day of "you can't be too careful," I think a lot of people do this. We've left our stuff out in plain sight on many trips and have never had a problem. I do stow small things like iPods in a drawer. I'm not recommending this but just putting it out there.

As weird as it seems in this day of "you can't be too careful," I think a lot of people do this. We've left our stuff out in plain sight on many trips and have never had a problem. I do stow small things like iPods in a drawer. I'm not recommending this but just putting it out there.
I go into the parks with just a lanyard, so I do lock up my wallet.

I go into the parks with just a lanyard, so I do lock up my wallet.

I'd consider this but I'd feel weird without my credit card/DVC card/AP card/DL and I'd freak if I lost any of those.

I'd consider this but I'd feel weird without my credit card/DVC card/AP card/DL and I'd freak if I lost any of those.
Plus you need the AP card for merchandise discounts and the DL to buy adult beverages. I have a tiny wallet to hold the necessary cards and a little cash and lock my regular wallet in the safe. I don't take a laptop, but I know the safes at POFQ aren't much larger than my iPad mini in its case.

I'm not sure about POR but my laptop fits in the safes at Poly. It's a medium/large sized laptop.

Same. And at POR, too.

I don't think the cleaning crew want to lose their jobs over a laptop.

It's not the housekeepers, but the way they clean two rooms at once that leaves rooms open to anyone else walking in. They tend to block an open door with their cart, but work in the next door room with the door closed. Anyone can go into the open room by slipping past the cleaning cart.

We have been able to fit a 15" laptop and Mac Air 11" together, along with wallets and other small electronics, in most of the safes at WDW and Universal. Most of these safes are vertical, so you have to stand it up.

Yep.

Instead of the soft plastic lanyard case, I use a Witz brand "see it safe" case. It's hard plastic, waterproof, and awesome. Holds ID, insurance card, CC, DVC card, and cash. At Universal it holds keycard, Express Pass, admission card, ID, CC, insurance card, and cash. Looks great on the end of my Ravenclaw "school tie" themed lanyard. :)

It's not the housekeepers, but the way they clean two rooms at once that leaves rooms open to anyone else walking in. They tend to block an open door with their cart, but work in the next door room with the door closed. Anyone can go into the open room by slipping past the cleaning cart.
I have seen that happen at the resorts we've stayed at in the last few years. There must have been too many thefts from people walking past. Now I usually see a closed door with a sign that says this room is being serviced.

I''ve left mine right out on the table and it is always there when we return. I don't think the cleaning crew want to lose their jobs over a laptop. But I have also put the laptop in a drawer or a suitcase, just to be safe. ;)

Me too. Our family has 4 devices, my kindle & three ipads, I usually leave them out & charging when we leave for the pool or parks in the morning. In 8+ trips to Disney we have never had a problem with having anything taken.

My iPad I have charging and the cord that is charging it is of course visible to see while I still put the iPad itself in the nightstand top drawer with the drawer just cracked so the cord can hang out. I have never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter