What to expect from the Condo Association meeting?

MerlinandtheMouse

DIS Veteran
So I’ve spoken to a few guides around property this week about what we might hear at the condo association meeting tomorrow and I’ve read the few threads here about what to expect and as far as I currently understand, this meeting isn’t really meant to announce anything big news, mostly boring bureaucracy.

So I guess my question is what does that entail? Sadly, we left today so we won’t be attending this year but I’m just really curious and as newish members we have no point of reference. If these meetings aren’t meant to announce and discuss bigger news topics, should we temper our expectations, especially when it comes to any info about the Poly Tower or FWC? What do you all think will be talked about tomorrow?

I feel like I want to clear my afternoon and have some popcorn ready for all the hot news DVC is about to drop on us, as well as, the follow up discussions here, but I’m thinking I might be quite off the mark with what’s actually going to happen tomorrow lol

It is mostly fluff telling you all the wonderful things DVC is to you and why you did the right thing in becoming an owner. It is required by FL TS law and therein lies the rub. It is exactly what it has to be to meet the legal requirements of having it. I went to a couple in our early years as members back in the early 2010s and they were actually pretty interesting back then, but my understanding is that they have mostly turned into what's required now. Could there be an announcement on the Poly association? Sure. Will there be? Probably not. There will be people here that go and they will post synopsis maybe in realtime but certainly soon after the fact. Don't expect much.

Thanks @WilsonFlyer I thought it might be something like that but I was hoping it would be more like it was when you first joined.

Hopefully seeing just how much much interest there is in the Poly tower and give us a little something to appease us but yeah I’ll keep my expectations low.

They do sometimes give updates in terms of upcoming projects and refurbishments.

I am really hoping that any mention of the Poly tower will include the decision of whether it’s a new resort or going into PVB.

But its purpose is the mandatory meeting they must have yearly to approve dues and such.

They do sometimes give updates in terms of upcoming projects and refurbishments.

I am really hoping that any mention of the Poly tower will include the decision of whether it’s a new resort or going into PVB.

But its purpose is the mandatory meeting they must have yearly to approve dues and such.

If we don’t hear anything about Poly today, when do you think they’ll actually start giving us info?

I think if poly is going to be same association, it'll get an actual announcement

If its gonna be restricted, we'll just find out when the actual resort docs come out.

Highly doubt they announce it today, if they even talk about poly at all.

I think if poly is going to be same association, it'll get an actual announcement
I think I have to agree with you. I believe @Sandisw said in another thread that when we were waiting for information about VDH, they never actually announced it, just slipped it in to some of the details and documents and we had to find it ourselves. I believe BPK was given a more formal announcement that it was part of the same association.

If we don’t hear anything about Poly today, when do you think they’ll actually start giving us info?

Last year, they had a slide in the presentation that mentioned that the tower was in progress. Nothing more than that but it was addressed but it had the words PVillas and Bungalows on the slide n

So, if it is mentioned like that still, I think it means it’s the same.

If it’s been corrected and just uses Poly Village Resort, then the next info we get may just be the way we found out about restrictions at VDH…when the updated POS documents with approved dues gets filed at the end of this year.

If nothing then, not until sales in the Spring

I hope they give more details on CFW than the tower since it's the next resort to go on sale. Isn't this the month they have special DVC pricing for Hoop-Dee-Doo?

Last edited:
Last year, they had a slide in the presentation that mentioned that the tower was in progress. Nothing more than that but it was addressed but it had the words PVillas and Bungalows on the slide n

So, if it is mentioned like that still, I think it means it’s the same.

If it’s been corrected and just uses Poly Village Resort, then the next info we get may just be the way we found out about restrictions at VDH…when the updated POS documents with approved dues gets filed at the end of this year.

If nothing then, not until sales in the Spring
I love the way DVC Disboarders sleuth! Thanks for the info I really hope we get something soon!

I think the most existing thing even announced at the condo association meeting was a refurb of a resort with a few pictures.

I think the most existing thing even announced at the condo association meeting was a refurb of a resort with a few pictures.
Agree.

Unless I missed something, so far nothing about the tower. Guessing that may confirm some rumors it will not open until 2025.

We were at the meeting when CCV was under construction. Ken Potrock announced it would have the full complement of villa sizes including GV (they had heard from many members that it was a mistake making Poly all studios!) and also showed concept art of the cabins. That was exciting, but so was the opportunity to visit Riviera before it opened, which was offered at the conclusion of the 2019 meeting.

We were at the meeting when CCV was under construction. Ken Potrock announced it would have the full complement of villa sizes including GV (they had heard from many members that it was a mistake making Poly all studios!) and also showed concept art of the cabins. That was exciting, but so was the opportunity to visit Riviera before it opened, which was offered at the conclusion of the 2019 meeting.
Might they give people the opportunity to visit CFW or tower at the conclusion of today's meeting?

Might they give people the opportunity to visit CFW or tower at the conclusion of today's meeting?
I don’t think either one is close enough to being completed for a visit, unless they have a sample cabin or two set up somewhere. RIV was only a couple of weeks from opening at the time, whereas Poly tower currently is a hard-hat construction zone, not safe for hosting a large number of visitors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter