What to pack for toddler?

Disneycmama

Earning My Ears
We will be taking our 23 month old daughter to Disneyland in a few weeks and it will be her first time and our first time taking a toddler. I know the typical things to pack but are there any recommendations for items you found useful to bring into the parks for your little ones first trip? :)

Outside of all of the toddler basics you pack every day make sure you bring something to keep them occupied in long lines. For WDW we always make sure to have a fan for the stroller to keep them cool. Pennys for the penny presses. Most young kids are fascinated by those. A refillable water bottle/sippy cup.

We will be taking our 23 month old daughter to Disneyland in a few weeks and it will be her first time and our first time taking a toddler. I know the typical things to pack but are there any recommendations for items you found useful to bring into the parks for your little ones first trip? :)
not so much as what to pack but what not to pack into park would be anything that would bad to loose. like special toy or blanket as it could be a least a few days before getting to lost and found. put a name on any sippy cups or bottles again if it gets to L& F how do you know yours when handed 3 or more just like it. one thing I found useful with grandkids was a change of shirt for adult not just kids in park bag. never know when a diaper blow out or well placed clean of face and your shirt is a mess. not something to bring but remember to sunscreen feet, back of hands and ears plus anywhere that is out that you see shades help but sun is reflected from weird spots. take lots of pictures of her enjoying park to make her own photo book to "remember" the trip by not just the family book. Have a great trip

Stroller fan, disposable bibs, disposable stick on placemats, extra clothes, lots of snacks, an old phone for YouTube videos while waiting in line, Walmart sacks for dirty/wet clothes...

we also bought straps that attach ToT the stroller and attach to a toy or water cup. That way when she threw them; we didn’t lose them.

One thing we liked was a screw on spout for water bottles we got off Amazon. Made it very easy and he wasn’t getting himself wet. I also brought disposable changing pads for the diaper area before he was potty trained.

Snacks you know your child will eat. When my son was 18 months he ate a lot of different table foods. I assumed the things he ate at restaurants at home he would eat in Disney World. Well, that wasn't the case. He turned his nose up at a lot of his usual go to foods. Thank goodness I had lots of Goldfish on hand lol. Have something ready to pacify her if she gets fussy in lines, whether it be food, drink, a toy, or a show to watch on someone's phone. Have fun!

Bring extra bubbles and buy the Disney bubble wand in the park. Bring a change of clothes...Mickey Ice Creams get messy! A lightweight stroller blanket is useful for draping over the stroller canopy to create a darker, less stimulating nap cocoon. Take a ton of video :)

Non-rinse soap to quickly wash up, and nonrinse wipes for bottles and straws. My kid, without fail, will always drop hers so the spout lands on the ground. I also bring a whole host of wet bags. They are so multi-purpose.

The disposable changing pad liners were helpful. I didn't use disposable bibs because they were too flimsy (the ones I bought anyway), but we just brought a regular bib that was easy to clean and rolled up. Lots of snacks to occupy time in lines.

An extra set of clothes packed in a ziploc, a strap that attaches the sippy cup to the stroller so it can't be thrown on the ground, more snacks than you think you will need (kids seem to get hungrier at amusement parks, zoos and the beach), an emergency pack of fruit snacks to prevent hangry meltdowns, a couple more ziplocs, a small toy like a hot wheels car, just make sure it's not a favorite.

Hand wipes, boogie wipes, regular tissues... those seemed most useful! For snacks we brought goldfish and pouches. Tip: at most QS restaurants, the kids meal side options had mandarins and apple sauce pouches. Those were great to throw in the diaper bag for later. Also sunscreen.

I know there are first aid stations in the parks but I always packed a few bandaids/Neosporin/Tylenol. Little kids fall a lot and you don’t want to be searching for a first aid station.

I always brought a few spring-type clothespins with me. Lots of uses - clipping a blanket to the stroller as a shade, holding a partially eaten bag of snacks closed, clipping together toddler socks when they got pulled off so they didn’t get lost, holding the curtains together in the hotel room...the list goes on and on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter