What to wear for late September?

zandjmom

Mouseketeer
We will be going Sept 20-24 and I am not sure what to pack. Going in June was easy, just shorts and tank tops! Will it still be HOT during the day or starting to cool off? Are the night cool enough for a sweater or long sleeves? Also, what the heck are lovebugs? I keep reading about them but have no clue what they are. Thanks for any info.

We are going Sept 14-23. I have packed shorts and t-shirts. I am not packing jackets though. We are leaving some in the car at the airport here in Pittsburgh, since I am sure it will be chilly when our flight arrives back at night. Go the www.weather.com and check out the average temperatures for Orlando during September. Highs are an average of around 90, and lows average somewhere in the 70's, if memory serves me right.

Lovebugs are insects that come out in May (?) and September. They do not bite, but land on your clothes. I read that they are attracted to white and flowery prints. They are called lovebugs because they mate in the air while flying. The chemicals from their bodies will damage paint when they splatter your car. If you are driving your own car, you may want to wash it on a daily basis. I also read a post that recommended coating your car (especially the front) with paste wax and NOT wiping it off.

All of this info is stuff that I've read on these boards. If you do a search for "lovebugs" I am sure you will find gobs of info. Hope this helps.

We were there in late September last year and took zip up sweatshirts. When it rained, and felt cool, we had our sweatshirts to wear under our ponchos. We went this past March also and I took a denim shirt instead of a sweatshirt and wore it in the early mornings and evenings and also in cool attractions. When I didn't need it, I just tied it around my waist and "wore" it that way.

We'll be there this week and I'm thinking the same thing. I'm packing capri shorts for me and shorts and collared shirts for dh and ds! I do not believe I'll bring jackets! Weather seems to be warmer than were I live, so no bother!

I also love to wear dresses to WDW! They are cool and do not bind or wrinkle as much as shorts and tees.

We always go the 3-4 wk in Sept. I don't remember needing jackets at all. We took jeans and sweatshirts and never wore them. A few yrs ago I stopped taking them. We buy Disney sweatshirts while there and fiqure we can use them, have never needed to. Last year even when it rained (one day only) it was HOT.

It's still HOT HOT HOT! Bring ponchos, as it does tend to rain, for a very short while, almost every day.

My family just got back on the fifteenth of September. Let me tell you that it was hot, hot, hot!!! Tank tops and shorts are what we wore. It rained a lot in the afternoon, and you can buy the rain capes, but they do not work!! Kept your shirt dry, but between the rain and wind your shorts and shoes were soaked. Take extra pairs of shoes too, it took almost two days for things to dry out because of the humidity. I do recommend taking a sweatshirt or two, the evenings are starting to cool off. Plus, after it rains it does cool down some. Have fun!! We never wore a sweatshirt ......I take that back. We left Friday during the tropical storm and it was a cool day. I wore a sweatshirt and shorts.:wave:

We are going to be there the same time you are. Last year, we were there the same time in Sept. I kept a journal. Hot & Humid, Hot & Humid, Hot & Humid...oh yeah, and the love bugs were out in full force.

I wondered what those bugs were...........lol. They were everywhere. I can see why they are called love bugs:)

we were there last week. maybe it was the rain, but i didn't find it to be any hotter than it normally is at home. I packed one pair of jeans per person and was glad that I did, on rainy days the rides were COLD COLD :) hopefully you will not need long pants or sweatshirts though, heres hoping you get better weather than we did! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter