What Treasure cruise are you booking next week?

NoodlesMom

DIS Veteran
I’m thinking of booking a cruise the first week in February but a little concerned about the Maiden voyage getting pushed back. Does anyone know if any of the ships were on time with their scheduled Maiden Voyage?

I’m sort of excited to be honest. Leaning towards booking our first verandah room and it will be a milestone b’day for my DH. So figure if I’m going to get a verandah, may as well be this one. We were just off the Wish a mere few weeks ago and I feel like there’s so much I missed seeing. So, sort of looking forward to getting on this one! Pretty psyched actually but it’s just going to be a LONG wait!

We are hoping for 12/28. I’m a teacher and my kids school and sports are at the stage where they can’t miss much… so we have to travel at peak times. It’s pricey. Maybe too pricey. But we’ll see. If it gets pushed.. we’ll enjoy the cruise credit. I gotta think after the Wish they have some buffer time built in.

We are going to wait a bit before sailing. We have the Magic next week, Dream end of October, and the Wish end of January.

We’re planning to book the WC cruise that leaves on 4/5/25. It’s my son’s spring break, but not too close to Easter, so hopefully it won’t be too hard to book! We are Silver but also ABD Insiders so we get to book a day earlier. I’m hoping for a 4B room on deck 9, fingers crossed …

I'm not. I'm only going on the Wish next year for my best friend's wedding - otherwise I really have no desire to sail on the Triton Class ships.

I'm going to hold out doing a booking on the Treasure until after I experience the Wish this December and form my own opinion of the Triton class ships. If I don't care for the Wish, I'll be passing on the Treasure. That and I already have a 10-night cruise booked with RSSC on the Grandeur for February 2025.

I'm going to hold out doing a booking on the Treasure until after I experience the Wish this December and form my own opinion of the Triton class ships. If I don't care for the Wish, I'll be passing on the Treasure. That and I already have a 10-night cruise booked with RSSC on the Grandeur for February 2025.
Yes, I'm not shutting the door on liking the Wish...but I'm also not overly optimistic.

Currently my future cruises are RCCL Anthem in February (largely because I don't have to worry about flying in the winter - it's just an Uber ride to the port in NJ; and I was able to get a "studio balcony" cabin which is a single cabin) and Celebrity Beyond next summer with a great deal on the sunset veranda (not quite no single supplement, but only like 25% so that it was less than their solo cabin - and I love the Edge class ships). The Wish is going to be booked at the end of the month when we get our retro raise and our contract ratification bonus.

Yes, I'm not shutting the door on liking the Wish...but I'm also not overly optimistic.

Currently my future cruises are RCCL Anthem in February (largely because I don't have to worry about flying in the winter - it's just an Uber ride to the port in NJ; and I was able to get a "studio balcony" cabin which is a single cabin) and Celebrity Beyond next summer with a great deal on the sunset veranda (not quite no single supplement, but only like 25% so that it was less than their solo cabin - and I love the Edge class ships). The Wish is going to be booked at the end of the month when we get our retro raise and our contract ratification bonus.
I'm with you, I'm not overly optimistic as well. For us, it was a last-minute booking in June to use up our remaining vacation days available before year's end. That and I wanted to experience the concierge on the Wish and with much trepidation, spend a couple of days at WDW (I haven't been there post covid). I've been completely turned off by the slave to the phone app, Genie+, Lightning Lanes, ILL$, 7:00 AM day of lottery game to book attractions, dining restrictions/changes, Park Hopper changes, etc. The further along I advance in my 50's I guess the grumpier I'm getting. LOL

Honestly, I'm not sure when we will book the Treasure. With only 3 cruises on DCL, I want to sail on the Classic ships before we travel on another Triton ship. I didn't hate the Wish, I just didn't get the 'warm and fuzzy's' with it.

I was hoping she would sail earlier in 2024 and then I’d switch my late Fantasy cruise to the Treasure.

As she isn’t it won’t be until late 2025 that I sail her. So I’m not booking anything.

I'm with you, I'm not overly optimistic as well. For us, it was a last-minute booking in June to use up our remaining vacation days available before year's end. That and I wanted to experience the concierge on the Wish and with much trepidation, spend a couple of days at WDW (I haven't been there post covid). I've been completely turned off by the slave to the phone app, Genie+, Lightning Lanes, ILL$, 7:00 AM day of lottery game to book attractions, dining restrictions/changes, Park Hopper changes, etc. The further along I advance in my 50's I guess the grumpier I'm getting. LOL

You sound like me. It must be that age thing (also in my 50s now). :blush: :laughing:

We went on our first DCL cruise this past March on Fantasy and booked a placeholder while onboard.

Will likely use it against a March 2025 Treasure sailing right before it expires.

We are going on RCI's Icon of the Seas March 2024 - we are Emerald on RCI but have not been on since 2018. I can see us rotating between RCI and DCL from now on. Our kids are at a good age for both (9, 6, 6)

We are planning to book February 1st sailing, because we like the San Juan port.
Wish there would be some new stops.

Would’ve liked to book the April 19th WC cruise but that would be the third time on a DCL WC and not worth the extra premium / price tag for cruising during Easter week so will wait and see what the summer itineraries are for the Treasure.

We are contemplating the March 18th sailing as it will be spring break for my kids but it's a Western and we prefer Eastern. Still thinking about it at this point. It's more likely that we will push it out to summer 2025.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter