• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Treasure cruise are you booking next week?

We're going for that one as well because it works with our kid's school schedule. No idea if we'll get it since we are merely silver (don't know how quickly it will fill). But since we wouldn't be able to use OBB for that timeframe anyway, I figure we put down the deposit and see what happens.
We are looking at the NYE one as well, silver also. It is more expensive but it’s not actually that much more than other NYE ones. Being on a brand new ship is worth it to me for the extra $$. We would have tried for Maiden voyage but I have no desire to be on a cruise ship on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day

We booked the March 15th cruise. It’s our school spring break week and my birthday week. We actually love the Wish, unlike most people here lol. We’ve never actually sailed on the Fantasy or Dream, just the Wonder and the Wish, which I think helps. We did a B2B last March on the Wish and while that experience had some upsides, I was really wanting to just sail a regular 7 night on the Wish. I know everyone hates the layout and the pools, but we really liked everything in the ship except the elevator buttons. My kids LOVE the kids club, so if they’re happy, I’m happy.

I just decided to change our stateroom to a different deck because I came across the supposed stateroom themes, and I was happy to see prices haven't gone up yet for our President's day/Feb vacation cruise. We'll see what happens next week once it's open to everyone.

I love San Juan and I wish they’d add more Easterns with it. Surely they can mix it up a bit more with so many ships.
I’ve done a few Easterns with it, one in 2013 on Fantasy and one in 2018 on Wonder.

Never did Tortola though 💯

Of course nothing is guaranteed, but with the brouhaha DCL experienced in the Wish being delayed and having to cancel the original maiden voyage, I can't imagine they won't do everything in their power to keep that from happening again. IIRC there is a much larger gap between announcement of key milestones of the Treasure to when her maiden voyage is as compared to the Wish, so DCL seems to be giving themselves much more cushion. Add in that's a Merrytime sailing over Christmas, and you can bet DCL is highly motivated to not lose out on that revenue.

Of course, things happen, but I would say the maiden voyage should likely go as scheduled, barring any huge catastrophes.
The Wish cancellation would be the only reason I would want to gamble on a booking in the first month- we turned two 3 day trips (long story short we weren’t sure on dates with our daughters end of school date- snow days) into the Mediterranean and Alaska cruises……

Just did the Wish. Loved every second of it. Booking Treasure on Tuesday and have convinced 3 families to go too. Is there credit for that? LOL! Going in May 2025 because we are doing a New York down to Disney World trip next year.

Hoping to book a late March cruise on Monday.

Question for you guys as this is only my second cruise:

We have another family coming with us. They are not DVC or Silver and therefore won’t be able to buy their cruise until it opens to the public. How hard is it to get that family to sit with us at the dinners each night? Same question for Palo and Enchante?

Thanks

Hoping to book a late March cruise on Monday.

Question for you guys as this is only my second cruise:

We have another family coming with us. They are not DVC or Silver and therefore won’t be able to buy their cruise until it opens to the public. How hard is it to get that family to sit with us at the dinners each night? Same question for Palo and Enchante?

Thanks
Once you both are booked, you can link your reservations. You can do this online when you’re logged in and looking at the reservation in your account. In my experience, both parties have to go through the process of linking for it to show up in both of your accounts.

Once you’re linked, Disney will automatically seat you together at dinner (as long as you both have the same seating).

As for Palo and Enchante, linking will help all the adults in in your two parties show up when you look to make a reservation. But, the system only allows you to make reservations for people if their stateroom’s booking window is open. So on the silver booking day, you will have access to make Palo and Enchante reservations, but your friends who have no Castaway status will show up as greyed out and you won’t be able to select them. The only time you’d be able to make a reservation for all of you is once their booking window is open, which may or may not be too late. But as always, checking in-person once you book the cruise is often successful.

I'm going to hold out doing a booking on the Treasure until after I experience the Wish this December and form my own opinion of the Triton class ships. If I don't care for the Wish, I'll be passing on the Treasure. That and I already have a 10-night cruise booked with RSSC on the Grandeur for February 2025.

I'm with you, I'm not overly optimistic as well. For us, it was a last-minute booking in June to use up our remaining vacation days available before year's end. That and I wanted to experience the concierge on the Wish and with much trepidation, spend a couple of days at WDW (I haven't been there post covid). I've been completely turned off by the slave to the phone app, Genie+, Lightning Lanes, ILL$, 7:00 AM day of lottery game to book attractions, dining restrictions/changes, Park Hopper changes, etc. The further along I advance in my 50's I guess the grumpier I'm getting. LOL

Same here-Headed to the Wish in October, in concierge-short 3 day-way too short. But I will do some birding at Merritt Island on either end. Quick getaway. Way cheaper than and less hassle than the Disney experience. I have already opted out of the Marvel dining night for Palo, so while I hold out hope and try to stay open minded about the Wish, I think once I go, it may be enough for me. So no Treasure booking planned. We have two future DCL's anyway- Mediterranean next June on the Dream and the South Pacific in February of 2025 on the Wonder. Throw in a schooner adventure up in Maine and I think we are good for a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter