• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What type of lock do you use?

sorcerormickey

DIS Veteran
We have always used those generic-key type locks on our luggage. But now with the heigtened security, I was thinking aboput switching to the combo-type locks. The combo locks at Eddie Bauer have 3 dials, and you can choose you own numbers to make all your locks the same. Plus, I am always freaking out about losing the keys to the luggage. Are the combo locks better/more secure than key locks? Opinions please!

those are the ones that I use. I can also say that when I checked in passengers bags more had that type of lock than the cheapo ones that come free with the bags. the other popular types are the mini padlocks with a key.
I like the combo ones cause I don't have to worry aobut losing a key! you can also get good ones at target and walmart. not as expensive as eddie bauer but the same quality. Kohls also have them as well as JCPenney!

if someone wants to get inside, a quick swipe with a sharp razor knife will do it :mad:

I wouldn't spend much money on luggage locks, since they are really only designed to slow down access, not totally prevent it. Besides, if somone really wants what's in your bag, they'll just take the whole bag.

I use the combo locks. I know if someone wants in they will get into the bag.. but the biggest amount of thievery of bags.. occurs while the bags are being "handled" and so quick access is all they really are after. Locks help minimize the potential that your bag is rifled through while in transit. Minimizes... but can't stop it if someone is really intent on it.

I recently flew to Houston from Atlanta and when I arrived I noticed that they had broken the zipper pull on my suitcase in an effort to remove the lock. I was a little miffed but they simply said they had every right to do so. Just something to keep in mind

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter