What Type of Refillable Cup You Like Poll

Which type of cup would you prefer?

• Total voters
Do they now allow reusable cups at the beverage station? They didn't use to due to health concerns.

Best cup I used was a Simple Modern metal cup from Target. Has plastic straw. Bought for my mom and wish I kept it. It keeps ice for like hours without melting. They have flip lid ones too instead of straws. I got on clearance for like $9. It's like 20 oz.

Best cup I used was a Simple Modern metal cup from Target. Has plastic straw. Bought for my mom and wish I kept it. It keeps ice for like hours without melting. They have flip lid ones too instead of straws. I got on clearance for like $9. It's like 20 oz.

My daughter has a simple modern cup she loved. We got it on Amazon, it came with both a straw lid and a flip top lid. It is usually the cup she travels with.

I'd prefer the smaller cup, but only if the straw was silicone or something else not-metal. The metal straws freak me out. All I can think of is tripping, getting impaled, and having the straw sticking out the back of my head. (I guess that cartoon is more Warner/Road Runner than Disney.)

As for washing, we take bottles and we just rinse in hot water. They're Nalgene wide mouth though, so no fiddly bits to get clogged.

why not just use the cups that they provide?

The cups they provide are paper, quite small and not insulated, which makes your drink get warm REALLY fast.

I like a large class of soda to sip on while I read/watch my kids.

Because they are paper and don't have lids, you can't really carry them around easily either.

I like the 20oz (or there abouts) stainless size. Someone up thread mentioned that their stainless gets hot to the touch. I have never experienced that happening even with pouring boiling water over a tea bag in my stainless cup. The stainless maintains hot and cold way longer than similar acrylic. I have a variety of brands and have been pretty happy with most of them. Yeti is the gold standard but I haven't seen that much of a difference when using cheaper versions like Rtic, Yukon Outfitters, Ozark Trail, etc.

Do most people bring dish soap to wash your bottles with in the room? Typically we only stay in hotels for 2 nights at a time so I just rinse and fully air dry the water bottles but they would have to be washed if used for more than water or for a whole week.
For just a couple of days I deal with rinsing only (I'm mostly a water drinker so there is rarely anything but water in the cup), but I also take some of the paper towels with detergent already built in. I have a roll of paper towels and I just rip some off and fold them up when I travel. I don't use them at home.

Do most people bring dish soap to wash your bottles with in the room? Typically we only stay in hotels for 2 nights at a time so I just rinse and fully air dry the water bottles but they would have to be washed if used for more than water or for a whole week.
I just use liquid hand soap and a washcloth. Works fine.

I don't think that you should go all out and buy a yeti for every person. I love surprises and would be forever grateful for an acrylic type cup and I am sure the recipients will feel the same. I like the idea of a larger cup than a smaller one. It would require less trips to the refreshment area. I don't like reusable straws, silicone or stainless steel. I truly don't think they get 100% clean with a brush or dishwasher.

For the record, I am another one that travels with dish soap. I, also, pack an obvious dish rag so the stateroom host (or maid at a resort) doesn't take it.

My vote is stainless, about 20oz. The 32 oz acrylic Tervis style are hard to hold for me (small hands) and for my mom (arthritis). If they are actually Tervis, sunblock will ruin them, so I avoid on a cruise. I bought relatively inexpensive ones from Amazon last year and bought DCL vinyl stickers on Etsy for them. Everyone got one for Christmas for our January cruise. As long as it is double-walled, it will not get hot on the outside (I am holding one right now that has coffee too hot to drink in it and cannot tell from the outside at all whether or not the contents are hot or cold). Dump in your frozen drink and it will stay frozen for a good while!

As for the not using your own cup at the drink stations thing, I did look for the sign on my last cruise (July 2019) and saw that they did NOT have that sign up. The drink stations are not the kind where you push the cup against it. You set it down and push a button with your finger. Your cup never touches anything. The sign ought to say "You must use a hand sanitizing wipe before pushing the button." It's that button that's gross! Probably worse than the inside of the reusable straw. :rotfl:

Editing to add that I have at home a variety of name-brand yeti cups, tervis stainless, and cheap double-walled stainless from amazon, and all work equally well. I often leave a glass of ice water half-full on the counter when I go to bed, and the next morning, the ice is still frozen.

My vote is stainless, about 20oz. The 32 oz acrylic Tervis style are hard to hold for me (small hands) and for my mom (arthritis).

Just in case you have some 32 oz Tervis you arent using because you cant grip them I wanted yout know they make handles that you can buy for $6 and slip the cup into it.

I am working on refillable cups for a large cruise group. The cups are a surprise so I don't want to ask them directly, so I thought I would poll you lovely people. I like acrylic cups better personally, but everyone I've seen talking about them seems to be talking about the stainless steel ones. The stainless steel ones are more expensive though so I can't get them in as big of sizes for this particular project. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
OK so for the purposes of your specific situation (I presume it's something of a trip souvenir) I think acrylic works better.

If you are talking just for yourself or your family, then I'd opt for insulated stainless steel cups.

I'd prefer the smaller cup, but only if the straw was silicone or something else not-metal. The metal straws freak me out. All I can think of is tripping, getting impaled, and having the straw sticking out the back of my head. (I guess that cartoon is more Warner/Road Runner than Disney.)

That terrifies me too after the news reports of that exact thing happening to people.

Just adding that it occurred to me that if there really is a big difference in size, small might be preferable as people have limited luggage space for souvenirs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter