What unusual items do we need? Any tips?

Ok thanks, prob won't bother then - it was just some advice I'd seen on here a while back.... :confused3

Definitely take nappies, unless you are going to the hypermarket to buy some (do not know the cost there) because in the park they are very expensive. Powered baby milk - if bottle fed - in the hold luggage. Kettle, as you do not know the condition it will be in if there is one in your accommodation (lots of places in France do not have them) and it could be very old etc. Blackets (one for each, especially for the old child one you do not mind getting dirty - for sitting waiting for parades etc it can get very cold and and blacket can be sat on and wrapped around legs). Lots of film or large memory cards for camera, you will want to take loads of pictures. Spare batteries (and battery charger).

I also regularly take packets of pasta, just the easy make up ones (ie where you just add water & milk) as dd would not always eat much at the park (she wants to do things and eating is wasting time), so I would make them quickly back at the room while she was getting ready for bed. Not very healthy, but better than sweets. Anyway up type cup, dd would suck on take off and landing (she never had a dummy) to ease pressure on ears, also useful in cars - alternatively a bottle with a sports top so that drinks do not easily get spilt, you can take an empty cup/bottle on the plane and they will fill with water on board (you will get strange looks going through security because they will assume that you have liquid in them, so leave it where you can show them and if necessary just explain).

On rides remember the baby swap - others will be able to advise more as often only dd and me it was never appropriate. If an accident does happen the first aid place at DLP is brilliant, dd was ill one time with chest pains, the doctor spoke good enough English and her treatment & the facilities were like a private hospital (they gave her pain killers and we then took her back, she was OK the next day). Also, next door to that is a baby changing facility with feeding places I believe - if you want quiet.

I cant really think of anything else that hasnt been mentioned but i didnt realise you could take fruit in your hand luggage?? I SO missed out last time then! lol. Is it ok to take apples and bananas?

Ashleigh x

Anyone know roughly what the weather will be like? I don't suppose it's going to be sunny on 28th Sept onwards?? I'm going to get DD1 some waterproof trouser things and a waterproof jacket just in case. We'll just take spare trousers (which we'll leave in the car at the car park) and waterproof jackets which we'll put in the pushchair.

the weather there is much like ours......

so could be anything ! lol

we have had lovely sunshine in oct and rain in july lol ( didnt last long,showers on and off)

i would bring sun cream and hats for the little ones,
and small umbrella pack a macs too !

my 2 either wear them round their waist, or i roll them up small and put in the bag :)

We are putting our fruit in tupperware dishes in our hold baggage not hand baggage - hth

Good idea about the blankets too - although we have two foot muffs on the pushchair so will take those and can use those if need be (one doubles up as a blanket).

Thanks again.

PS - I am feeding my DD2 myself so I hope there are places to do that or at least doing it discretely somewhere isn't a no no!

We are putting our fruit in tupperware dishes in our hold baggage not hand baggage - hth

oooh, I think i'll take some fruit next time then. Kinda missed it when i was there LOL.
Just noticed your from Newcastle too!! :goodvibes

Ashleigh x

PS - I am feeding my DD2 myself so I hope there are places to do that or at least doing it discretely somewhere isn't a no no!

There's a big baby centre in the Disneyland Park next to Plaza Gardens and I think there's also one at the Studios. I've not used them myself but have heard they're very nice. If you want to feed elsewhere I'm sure you won't have a problem finding a nice quiet comfy spot. It's much more accepted in Europe, thank goodness. :goodvibes

Hi Ashleigh - yes we are in Whitley Bay - where are you? Do you fly on easyjet to Paris CDG when you go? What's it like? Never flown with them before and a bit nervous with the two kiddies etc.

Elaine - thanks for that - am always so funny about feeding in public - shouldn't feel like that but I do :confused3 Know what you mean about Europe etc. I am v discrete (I hope!) but baby needs to eat/drink ;)

Hi Ashleigh - yes we are in Whitley Bay - where are you? Do you fly on easyjet to Paris CDG when you go? What's it like? Never flown with them before and a bit nervous with the two kiddies etc.

Ahh i used to love going to Whitley Bay! Spanish City lol. I'm from the west end of Newcastle, not too far from town.
Yeah the last time we went we flew with Easyjet to CDG and the same this time too. It was a little mad getting on the plane to get seats as you cant pre book seats but apart from that its fine and the flight seems to be over within moments. There were lots of children on the flights I was on and they all seemed fine and occupied with games etc. Just a little tip- do you have the speedy boarding thing? Because they allow you to board the plane first but to be honest about 95% of the people on the plane had that so it didnt make much difference really. Oh another thing is sometimes it can take a little longer (about 10-29 mins) before actually taking off to make sure there is a clear flight path I think, I'm not sure if thats with a lot of companies though, probably. Going with EasyJet seems to have saved a lot of money compared to with Air France.

Ashleigh x

Thanks Ashleigh. I've been told that you get to board first if you have babies and children anyway so we didn't go for the speedy boarding for that reason :confused3 Hope that's the case. Pretty sure with a baby and infant though that there are only certain aisles you can sit in anyway so I wouldn't be surprised if we were more or less told where we could sit! :rotfl:

Thanks Ashleigh. I've been told that you get to board first if you have babies and children anyway so we didn't go for the speedy boarding for that reason :confused3 Hope that's the case. Pretty sure with a baby and infant though that there are only certain aisles you can sit in anyway so I wouldn't be surprised if we were more or less told where we could sit! :rotfl:

ooh yeah thats right, you also get to board first with babies/children. I knew there was something else but couldnt remember lol.
As far as i know you can also sit pretty much anywhere with them but i'm not 100% sure on that.
I remember last time though i'd ordered a drink and just as i was finishing we were about to land- it was such a quick flight.

Ashleigh x

There is a baby centre in the Studios. It is on the right as you go in, by the toilets.

We used these in Oct last year. They were very clean and a nice place to change daughters botty. If you wanted somewhere, relaxed and non hectic to bottle or breast feed, this is an ideal place.

Thanks Mummybear :) I'm sure I'll need to check it out for nappy changes as you say. Enjoy your trip - I see it's not long :)

Thanks for the paracetamol tip!! Wow can't believe they don't sell that in the parks or the gift shops :faint:

I think the cut off for priority boarding with little ones is aged 2. We just flew from Newcastle again last month and we weren't given the priority boarding but our little one had just turned 2 by a week yet the year before when we went we were. We were still given special assistance though but it just meant we had a little longer to wait. Easyjet are fab though with helping with prams, etc.

My DW always takes a pack of Compeed Blister Plasters, as they are much better than regular plasters for blisters.

good tip !

i forgot plasters last time ,m yfeet were killing !

love your avatar :) fab film!

xx

Hi. :wave2: We went in feb with our DD7 AND DS3 and an essential for us was a travel potty. It was one of the ones that fold up and uses disposable bags to line it. Our DS tends to only need to go when we are queuing up for something and, although we only needed to use it once, it gives slight peace of mind knowing it is there in our bag if the situation arises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter