• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What 'unusual' thing is sold out at your supermarket?

My husband saw a lady at Walmart with an entire cart full of canned greenbeans.
I'm hoping she's taking them to a food pantry but...
Another lady had a cart full of Gatorade. No tp at Walmart. I feel like people are confusing this with a stomach bug..lol.
I've never seen anything so crazy in my life.
I hate Gatorade but I bought some after reading a newspaper article (wish I could remember where) where the Coronavirus patient mentioned getting Gatorade in the hospital.

Peanut butter Ritz bits and full size crackers.

DH wants to go get some beer so I will see in a few minutes. If its too crowded though we are going to Sheetz!

Water. In any container. We currently can't drink our well water, so I have to buy bottled water. In the past I've been buying the large 5 gallon bottles, several at a time because with 6 people and 5 animals we go through a lot of water. And we are not soda or juice drinkers.

I went to the store two days ago and it was cleared out. I had to go to 3 stores just to get a few gallons, which will not last long. I'm going to ask my employer on Monday if I can fill a few of the gallon containers from the tap at work. Ugh! I don't understand why there's such a rush on water. Aside from my 3 neighbors, everyone else can drink their water. And most in my area don't even have wells.

Also, they were completely out of Doritos and regular oreos. I guess with school closings here everyone bought junk food???

Our Publix has absolutely no chicken of any kind – I'm not sure how unusual that is, but we thought it was kind of odd.

Went to Giant Eagle (we're in PA) this morning. The only chicken in the entire store was 3 bags of frozen chicken wings. That's it. No fresh, no frozen (other than the wings) - nothing. I couldn't believe it.

Bananas - just one sad lonely banana left, that had been slightly peeled at the stem end. Even the higher-priced organic bananas were gone.
Thermometers - I got the last one
Hand sanitizer - none in stock for days
Toilet paper - none at all
Eggs - only a handful of cartons left, and most had one or more cracked eggs

We live about 18 mi Utes outside of a major city. Our grocery store had all shelves stocked. However, there were a few shoppers commenting that down in the city and near the beach, everything is GONE. I would think shipments will still come in. Spring breakers are starting to roll through and come for their vacations.....so either they are going to starve, or the groceries will restock. Who knows at this point!

I always have a decent stock of TP on hand but my pregnant daughter in-law could only get her hands on two rolls this week. Since she is quite pregnant and was told not to go out in public until delivery day, we handed over our supplies.

We went to Aldi and their fresh produce section had a few bananas and a two cabbages left.
Are people freezing this stuff??

We did get the last box of cheeze-its!

We live about 18 mi Utes outside of a major city. Our grocery store had all shelves stocked. However, there were a few shoppers commenting that down in the city and near the beach, everything is GONE. I would think shipments will still come in. Spring breakers are starting to roll through and come for their vacations.....so either they are going to starve, or the groceries will restock. Who knows at this point!
I live in Los Angeles and most of stores are restocking over night but they are getting cleared out early by people being there at store opening to stock up. The hardest thing to find around town right now are disinfectant wipes that have alcohol in them, but a cheap trick for cleaning door handles, remotes, etc is if you have rubbing alcohol use that.

Tater tots.
Yes! I noticed that one, too! Luckily there were two or three GIANT bags of tator tots left, probably because they were at the bottom in the space between the freezer doors, so harder to see. My daughter was THRILLED to get the big bag!!!

I live in Los Angeles and most of stores are restocking over night but they are getting cleared out early by people being there at store opening to stock up. The hardest thing to find around town right now are disinfectant wipes that have alcohol in them, but a cheap trick for cleaning door handles, remotes, etc is if you have rubbing alcohol use that.

I didn't think of that! We were there at opening, so maybe they had just restocked. After reading everything online about empty store shelves I got myself and kids ready so we could BE there...we don't have a very stocked anything at home because we just moved!

Weirdly, broccoli crowns. I didn’t even want broccoli until I saw that giant empty space. 😂

I wanted some dried lentils but all that was left was three bags of black eyed peas and a bunch of pearled barley.

70% rubbing alcohol
That’s what I use to clean everything in the house normally... as well as my ratings & pierced ears holes( I only have 1 hole in each ear in case your wondering lol).
Shelves are wiped out in our local drug stores & supermarket here in Florida

Flour and olive oil... I guess people are baking with their time off?

Our shelves were pretty bare as well... chicken, ramen, water, toilet paper, etc

We did follow the crowd and stock up on a few things but nothing too crazy.... we are more worried that there wont be anything left because of hoarders than we are over the virus... :sad2:

We did see some very sweet man sitting out in the cold weather handing out free toilet paper from the back of his suv.... glad to see some humanity left in the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter