What 'unusual' thing is sold out at your supermarket?

Was at Fortinos the other day frozen veggies all gone as a lot of the fresh ground beef people were grabbing it from the butchers cart before he had a chance to even put one on the shelf. He just stepped back and waited for the frenzy to stop.

I keep hoping everyone else will be stocked up on there paper supplies so i can buy my normal 12pk of tp and a roll of Paper towels. I have a house of boys we cant keep anything no matter how much i buy.

Spam was gonna be my go-to :( In our area rice, potatoes and onions were sold out of the main Meijers here in NW Mich. Onions?? That kind of surprised me. I was going to also stock up on dried legumes, but I have a sneaking hunch there probably won't be much of that left either as I can't get to the store before tomorrow.

I'm in the UK and visited five supermarkets today - eggs, long-life milk, painkillers, anti-bacterial gel, pasta (except wholemeal!) and rice all sold out. Toilet Paper is selling like hot cakes. The atmosphere was weird, not panicking as such but on the way there, I found the experience stressful. I'm vegetarian and the frozen vegetarian sections almost all sold out, hence why I visited so many stores to build up my supplies. I have underlying health issues (diabetes & high blood pressure) and the UK government is advising that people like me will 'soon' have to self isolate for four months! And they're telling us not to hoard... Fortunately I have a nice garden to sit in outside, if I was in an apartment I think I'd got nuts. Four months!

Last edited:
That’s been true since before this madness.

thankfully I woke up at 2:35am for seemingly no reason. Checked my phone and amazon had it in stock. Ordered and should be here this week! Immediately sold out after. Crazy.

also got a box of n95 masks at the same time which also sold out immediately after (just in case we need to go out and it’s worse in a few weeks).

hopefully tonight I just sleep through the night.

Of course here in Canberra all the usuals - toilet paper, flour, tissues, hand sanitiser - but some more random things were sugar, butter were also out.
Weirdly the makeup aisle was bare too - but I wonder whether staff were prioritising restocking shelves with the necessary items and didn't have time for makeup.

I was able to do an online order for some toilet paper at a local grocery store, but it won't be available until Friday the 20th. We did not horde any and are getting low. Hopefully the stores will start to get restocked soon. We went to Walmart last night and they did get more liquid hand soap in. They had been sold out. The employee told us that they start bringing the products out of the back at 6pm so my hubby went up there to see if any toilet paper came in. With 3 females in the house, it goes kind of fast. But we will make due.

I was shocked that the bread was sold out. Also, thermometer's. We don't have one and I thought maybe we should get one just in case. Not one to be found at 3 different stores.

No mozzarella at our local target. Loads of every other cheese, including ricotta. Seemed like a weirdly specific cheese to run out of.

Chip and cereal isle we’re getting to be pretty barren. Bean and rice aisle was completely empty. Insane to me. No one I know even buys/eats beans on a regular basis unless they’re vegan or making chili. Now all the sudden everyone eats beans? Crazy

The running joke these days seems to be that Toilet Paper is selling out everywhere. This was certainly true of our local supermarket when Kevin and I went yesterday. Luckily I am a longtime TP hoarder and we have enough to get through this and probably sell some for profit....

It's times like this that call for a Tushy.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter