What was first 45, Album or what ever was your first you owned

See the source image
This was my first record player! My brother and I had a bunch of kid records and we played them all the time. I remember them mainly being Disney and my favorites were Pooh, Davy Crockett, and Zorro. DH said and his sister had the exact same one. Besides that we didn't have any of our own music and just listened to the radio or watched MTV (early 80's).

When we were in elementary school we moved to Saudi Arabia and there were stores in town that sold cassette tapes for the equivalent of about $2. We'd save our money up to buy them because over there you couldn't hear any American artists and there certainly wasn't MTV! The first one I bought was Madonna and my brother's was Bon Jovi. Good times...
Was this the kind that played those hard plastic 45 size disks in colors, seeing this reminds me I had something like that when I was really little. It's like a distant bell, probably a hand me down. It's mentioning the Davey Crocket that rings the bell but it's a super fuzzy memory so I was very very young.

my favorites were Pooh, Davy Crockett, and Zorro.
I couldn't get enough of The Ballad of Davy Crockett when I was little. My parents bought all three versions by Bill Hayes, Fess Parker, and Tennessee Ernie Ford for me to listen to on their record player, and I wore those records out. I even had a coonskin cap. I vaguely remember watching the miniseries starring Fess Parker and Buddy Ebsen on the Disney tv show in the mid-1950s, but my best recollections of it are from 1960s reruns on Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color.

Last edited:
I really don’t remember my first 45, but the first album that came to mind when I saw this thread was “Meet The Beatles” which my mom surprised me with when I was 13. I actually saw them live at Olympia Stadium in Detroit - September, 1964. One of the great memories of my life.

LP- Michael Jackson - Thriller. The only others I owned were Heart (won in a radio contest) and Madonna- Like a Virgin.

This was around 5th/6th grade so cassette tapes were more popular for me.

Don't believe I had any 45's.

Before I got my own record player, in mid 1979, I owned a copy of the Star Wars story record. It was a 33 LP that told a condensed version of the original movie, with a narrator and actual audio from the movie.
For Christmas that year, when I was 8, I got a record player for Christmas. WIth it came soundtrack albums for Snow White as well as Peter Pan. Later that day, my aunt and uncle gave me a copy of KISS Alive!

It was a recording of John Glenn's Mercury flight. It was on a bright yellow 45 and came with a GI Joe Mercury Capsule that I got for Christmas one year some time in the 60's.

Older sister and I are the closest in age of 4 sisters and shared not only the same bedroom but taste in music. We made collaborative choices when buying music and I’m pretty sure my first album purchase was “The Last Poets”.

The local record shop had a “club”. They gave you a card and every time you bought a 45, they punched it. When you got ten punches you got a free 45!

I don’t remember exactly what my first was but I’am guessing it might have been Neil Sedaka “breaking up is hard to do”.

Life was so much simpler then *sigh*

Cassette: Aaliyah - Age Ain't Nothing but a Number
CD: Matchbox 20 - Yourself or Someone Like You
CD (that I bought myself): Tool Undertow

I know I received an album by The Monkees when I was young (maybe around 8?). Can't remember the name of it though. I also loved the soundtrack to Grease (also around age 8).

The first album I received that I remember being so excited to get was London Calling by The Clash. That was when I was really getting into music.

I believe my first 45 was 'Build me up buttercup' by the Foundations.
I think I just heard it recently on a commercial or something.
It was fun hearing it again. :cutie:
First album, Partridge Family, hands down....wore it out listening to it! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter