What was/is your First Dance song?

Ours was You're the Inspiration by Chicago in 1987 and again last week at our 25th anniversary vow renewal aboard the Magic.

Of course you still count!!:goodvibes Congratulations on 28.5 years!! Maybe you will have a Disney Vow Renewal for your 30th?? :cutie:

We have actually thought of having a vow renewal at Disney for our 30th! We have started planning a family trip for 2013.

Ours was "Suddenly" by Billy Ocean but we also danced to "Could I Have This Dance" later on in the evening. That was in 1986--just celebrated 25 years in Sept!

BTW, in ref to your location--I'm originally from N Tonawanda

"Could I Have This Dance" must have been one of the popular '80's songs.
I am originally from New Jersey, but have been here 22 years!

Ours was "So She Dances", by Josh Groban.

He's our favorite singer and I was fortunate enough to meet him at a CD signing. We always knew it would be one of his songs, and when I met him, I told him that one of his songs would be the first dance.

He asked me which ones, and I told him. He told me to go with "So She Dances", because it is more romantic.

It was perfect, and now I have a great first dance song story.

What a great story! Love It!!! :lovestruc

Ours was "You've Got a Friend in Me" :lovestruc

My son and I danced to "You've Got a Friend" for the Mother/Son dance at his wedding. It was perfect!

DH didn't want a first dance.... boo!

However he sort of got badgered into it when we were on Commanders Terrace. We had 'Once upon a dream'. I'd always wanted that as my first dance since I was a little girl.

DH also got badgered into a dance at our at home reception. There we had 'Can you feel the love tonight'. It was a rush job because our we didn't realise our DJ had Disney songs. I had chosen somthing else, can't remember what though and when I found out he had Disney songs (he played nothing but for the first part of our reception!) I picked the first one that come into my head. In hindsight I wish I'd have chosen 'Kiss the girl' Oh well. ;)

:goodvibesI always loved "Once Upon a Dream" as well. I walked down the aisle to that. We had our reception at the Living Seas and had "Kiss the Girl" play when Scuba Mickey appeared. We think alike.:)

Our first dance was to "As the World Falls Down" by David Bowie from the Labyrinth Soundtrack.

We have actually thought of having a vow renewal at Disney for our 30th! We have started planning a family trip for 2013.

We have started planning our 30th for Nov. 2012. Not renewing the vows IN disney, but we will be celebrating there! Just like the original wedding. Vows here, honeymoon in disney! I already posted our original wedding song was "loves grown deep", if we dance for our 30th it will probably be to "remember when" by alan jackson

Congratulations on your upcoming 30th.

Ours was "So Close" by Jon McLaughlin. It is the song they dance to in Enchanted which was the first movie we saw together:lovestruc

We decided that ours will be Rainbow Connection from The Muppets :)

Our first dance was to "As the World Falls Down" by David Bowie from the Labyrinth Soundtrack.

Yes!!!! My favorite movie! Great idea. Deffinately going on my playlist.:love:

Our song has always been "Perfect Day" by Lou Reed so that was the natural choice for us.

Ours was a long time ago (we'll have been together 18 years in May), but our first song was "It Might be You" by Stephen Bishop.

We decided that ours will be Rainbow Connection from The Muppets :)

We almost went with that song!! The choice we ended up with was more "us" though.

Are you going with the classic Kermit one or the Sarah McLachlan version? We were learning toward the Sarah M. version.

We almost went with that song!! The choice we ended up with was more "us" though.

Are you going with the classic Kermit one or the Sarah McLachlan version? We were learning toward the Sarah M. version.

We decided on the Weezer and Hayley Williams version from The Green Album. :banana:

We are still thinking but so far the top choice is "What a Wonderful World" either by Louis Armstrong or Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole. I really like Iz's version but my grandfather and I sang together with Louis' version many times. DF likes Iz because it reminds him of being stationed in Hawaii.

Our first dance was "Then" by Brad Paisley. We both heard it and agreed right away that was going to be our first dance.

Amazing - One eskimO

Worked out perfectly for us...esp. after we started dance lessons w/Arthur Murray and they helped us put together a dance for our first song. :)

Ours was "So Close" by Jon McLaughlin. It is the song they dance to in Enchanted which was the first movie we saw together:lovestruc

Ooh this post made me so happy! I'm not getting married any time soon, but this thread intrigued me! I performed with Jon in the RCA dome way back when. He's from a town not too far from me. That is too precious!

It will be (in October) One and Only by Teitur. Not many people have heard of it. Take a listen to it on iTunes or You Tube.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter