What was one of the most awkward places/ways that you were stuck on at a ride in WDW?

Miss Marie

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering if perhaps you were stuck at a very annoying part of the ride or if your vehicle was stuck in an awkward way on a WDW ride?

We've been stuck at the end of POTC with Jack Sparrow repeating his speil over and over. And the CM that were controlling it were on a coffee break apparently.

Stuck right beside the singing busts on the HM. They started to get really annoying.

And once on Winnie the Pooh, we were stuck mid-bounce in the Tigger part of the ride. So our car was tilted, and we felt as though we might slide out backwards!

Any funny ways that you were stuck on a ride in a very awkward or annoying position?

The first time DH & I took our oldest DD to MK (she was just under 2) we got stuck on Haunted Mansion where you go backwards into the graveyard scene. We were stuck there for a long time basically lying on our backs. Eventually they turned all the lights on and came around to walk us out of the ride.

Inside the elevator shaft of ToT right before the drop...and then a CM came over a loud speaker saying, "You will now experience the full drop." :scared1:

The first time we brought the kids in 2006, my oldest was really hesitant about riding HM. We convinced him it wouldn't be too scary and then we got stuck right by the cemetary with a screaming head popping up every few seconds....that didn't help too much with his fears. Luckily though by the 2010 trip he loved HM.

I was in the limo waiting for launch at the tunnel on RnRC. It seemed like hours, but was probably only 20 minutes or so. I was a single rider and the teenage boy next to me started talking about climbing out....NOT a good idea! Could you imagine if he managed to squeeze hi self halfway out and then the car launched?

A couple of years ago my family and I got stuck on POC right next to the guy with the cats. I love my cats, but those things were meowing over and over again for at least 30 minutes and it got way annoying!

i can think of two!

1) we got stuck on the Finding Nemo ride in Epcot right at the part with that freaky fish that lights up?? Well, every 10 seconds he wld be in our face!
2) we also got stuck on Splash Mountain right before you go up the BIG hill....so the vultures were on repeat and we were there for a good 20 minutes -_-

Splash, we were stopped in the dark right before a big drop for about 15 minutes. That was fun.

At DL, we were stuck on Indiana Jones for half an hour. It was right at the point the big ball is rolling at you. That was kind of a fun ride evac and we got some free fast passes out of it.

We got stuck on Rockin' Roller Coaster. The music was pretty LOUD with no ride going.

Eventually they came and got us and we walked out. I was pretty worried after seeing the inside all lit up. It didn't look like it was well cared for.

But it is still my favorite ride!

Hm on our backs, and nemo, the part where it's dark with all the flashing lights and bubbles.

He got stuck on Splash Mountain on an outside part of the ride and had to evacuate to back stage near the dumpsters. We had to wait until everybody was off and gathered together to walk back into Frontierland.

It was kinda hard jumping off the float onto the path. The mom and kid in front of us had a really hard time getting off. She said he was special needs too.

We got stuck on HM, right where the mirrors are and where that little bride our what ever she is says "Come back or your welcome back" Something to that nature. We couldn't get the girls on that ride again after that.

I got stuck on It's A Small World. We were right at the end, in plain sight of all of the goodbye, adios, etc. signs. Just barely stuck in there with that song! lol!

In the big globe at Epcot almost on our backs facing up

It was for several minutes and very uncomfortable

We've been stuck on:

1. Near the top of Spaceship earth with those funky lights. For a LONG time. I had to close my eyes...it was really disconcerting. Made me a little sick to my stomach, actually.

2. Going backwards on HM.

and worst of all:

3. We once were stuck on IASW right there at the end with all of the white dolls. It was at LEAST 20 minutes..I swear my ear drums started bleeding. I still get hives every time we pass that part of the attraction. :rotfl:

We got stuck in front of the last Jack on PotC like a PP. They were having some audio issues so we just sat in silence watching Jack sway and hearing nothing but the squeaking, hissing hydraulics. Every once in a while the sound would come back, and Jack would yell "Yo" or "Eggs."

Then when we finally got off, they were still having issues with the sound on the ramp leading up to the dump shop. This was back when Davy Jones still talked and his little speech was stuck. The entire walk up we just heard him threatening, "mark my- mark my- mark my- mark my wordsss..."

I've gotta say, if Davy Jones was ever looking for a second profession I'd say he'd make a fantastic rapper / DJ. :lmao:

We were stuck in a cave on Thunder Mountain. We ended up having to climb out of the cars and they led us out under one of the mountains.

In the big globe at Epcot almost on our backs facing up

It was for several minutes and very uncomfortable
Yep, this happened to us as well, it was horridly uncomfortable, and as passengers in a "time machine" we were concerned about the gaping holes we were probably ripping through the space time continuum by sitting there all that time. (My brother is a nerd, and I had been to the margarita stand before the ride.)

HAHA Evil Queen - Hilarious !

Yes - been stuck on IASW.. ears bleeding LOL:lmao:

DH was stuck on the outer part of TT... had a mechanic come out to the car and everything... seems like it got stuck again in the "heat" or "freeze" part.... got us all (5) FP's for that one !

DS and I were stuck in Dinosaur last visit. Was so bad they had to come get us out of the car with a ladder....(Still have the FP's from that one!)

Great thread OP !
Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter