What was the first "big" event you missed because of Covid?

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
I had tickets for my brother and I for a Jake Owens concert the end of last March. He's suppose to be back in concert this coming August. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Star Wars weekend last April.

ETA: Was a bit later, scheduled for August, but still so dang bummed about missing my trip to Tanzania last year to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. I was fully trained for it and feel like I'll have to start over to train for it again whenever I can get there.

My niece was supposed to be married in Disney's Wedding Pavilion Memorial Day weekend 2020 that was postponed until Labor Day weekend and postponed again until this Memorial Day weekend.

Nothing big. No travel plans, too busy stashing cash for retirement. We were kind of planning on staying home for the next 2 1/2 years before the pandemic.

First thing was a trip to WDW in May.

And then.......Disney family cruise, Russian River cruise, Egypt river cruise and DLR trip

My daughter's spring activities of senior year of high school. Though she did get a socially distanced graduation.

The thing I'm still not over is the abrupt end to her 13 years of soccer. She had a tournament the first weekend of March and the rest of the season was cancelled. We thought surely we would shut down for a few weeks and finish the season. It never happened as cases got worse.

I feel like I never got closure on that chapter of our lives. Her older brothers had also played. It truly was the end of a long era of our family.

What was the first "big" event you missed because of Covid?

Several, starting with officiating at the Baker to Vegas relay March 2020. Several RV trips in the past year and the "biggies" - a 2 month RV trip to the eastern provinces in Canada (originally scheduled for summer 2020, postponed to 2021, now postponed to 2022), and a European river cruise to view the Tulips (originally scheduled for Apr 2020, postponed to 2021, and now 2022).

Disney Hawaiian cruise. We were going to fly out a few weeks early and sail back. Would have been gone a month. It was for our 25 th wedding anniversary.

My niece was suppose to get married July 2020, got it moved to 2021 which got moved to 2022. I feel so bad for them .

BTS concert at Soldier Field in Chicago last June. My daughter had just jumped through all the hoops to score good seats when this started ramping up in February. She was so excited, then almost immediately started wondering how you have an event of that size in a pandemic. We still don't know. :laughing:

My youngest brothers wedding in Toronto. I was hemming and hawing over going because my husband had just gotten out of the hospital after an amputation. For lots of reasons, he was staying with his brother so he he would have been taken care of whether I was in the city or not. They ended up making the decision for me by postponing the wedding. After postponement after postponement, they said screw the wedding and bought a house instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter