What was the first Disney movie you remember going to?

The original Cinderella. I was very young at the time and don't remember it. I do however know that my mom bought me a Cinderella watch but the stem fell out so we threw it away:scared1:. I wonder what it would be worth today even without the stem.

Last edited:
The first Disney movie I ever saw in the cinema? Monsters University. I never went to the cinema as a kid because I couldn't sit still and quiet long enough. And I tended to heckle baddies!

The first ever Disney movie I saw on tape however was either Toy Story or Lion King.

The first I REMEMBER seeing is Beauty and the Beast. But my parents say I saw The Little Mermaid. I was three. I don't remember that:rotfl:

My parents took us to see The Love Bug at a drive-in. It was a new place that had a playground where you could play before the movie started. Great night.

Oliver and Company. I was 4 years old, and all I really remember from that movie was how much I loved Billy Joel's "Why Should I Worry?".

I don't think I've ever watched a Disney movie that wasn't played from home. Depressing, I know. :(

Another Song of the South 1980 re-release. My grandpa took me to see it in a historic old theater- the kind with stage and velvet curtains, an orchestra pit, and balcony seating! About 2 years later it burned to the ground :sad1:

It was Bambi at a 1980 or 1981 re-release. I was really too young to even remember it, but I know we found this stray dog on our way home from the theater and we kept her and named her Bambi.

I'd be shocked if it was actually the first one I went to... But the first one that comes to mind is The Little Mermaid. I was 10.

After the movie I remember wishing I was a red-head. Now, thanks to Nice 'n Easy, I am! :teeth:

Lady & the Tramp when I was probably about 4 or 5. We got there early and the owner let us go in the theater while the earlier show was still running. I saw Trusty get hit by the truck and told my mom I wanted to leave.

My dad is in his 70's and Pinnochio was the first movie he went to see in the theaters, too. He always tells me that movie scarred him for life-- the whale!

I looked up the films for the 1960s, since I knew my first one would have been in that era. Looking at the list, it really made me want to watch them all again.

`My grandmother took me and my brother to see The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit in one of those really old elegant local theaters that every little town used to have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter