What was the first non 9 to 5 job you got?

My first job outside of part time or summer work it was at a group that came from a startup company, and they still kept startup company hours. I think part of it was staying late for the provided dinner, but quite a few would come in at 10 to 11 AM and then stay until about 8 or 9 PM. There was no incentive to work ridiculous long hours as they'd already cashed in, but it was almost a lifestyle.

I’ve never worked 9-5 only 8-5, 8:30-5:30 and 7:30-4:30 (All had an unpaid hour long lunch break) I’m salary now and I typically work 6:30 or 7am to 4:30pm

Never had a 9-5 job, never would want one. What a waste waiting so late to work.

Grocery store in high school and community college along with some hours at a neighbor to my girlfriend who lived out in the country, convenience store, obviously hours all over the place.

Real job after that was 7-7 12 hour rotating day and night shift. When I went daylight, my official shift is 7-3 but I work when I want and how long I want as I work almost always alone. That is still continuing.

My first job outside of part time or summer work it was at a group that came from a startup company, and they still kept startup company hours. I think part of it was staying late for the provided dinner, but quite a few would come in at 10 to 11 AM and then stay until about 8 or 9 PM. There was no incentive to work ridiculous long hours as they'd already cashed in, but it was almost a lifestyle.
A friend went to work for a High Tech startup company in the late 1980's. Her job was doing public relations and setting up media interviews with the software engineers to promote their products. Everyone worked 40 hours a week, but everyone set their own hours. She had a tough time catching up with those employees to set up those interviews, and a tougher time finding a time that fell within the normal working ours of the media.
A very popular option with the employees was working 40 hours....straight. One guy liked to work 10pm Friday night until 2 pm Sunday. Another guy would work 20 hours on Sunday, and 20 hours on the follow Saturday. The owner didn't as long as the work got done. Some would come in, take 8 hour sleep breaks at work, but not leave until he had worked 40 hours.

I worked from 6:30am-4pm and then from around 7-10/11pm Monday-Friday. Also approximately three or four hours a day on Saturdays/Sundays. I was a high school English teacher. I calculated my earnings at around $10/hr.

I worked for a car rental company in 1978. Had 3 different shifts there. My favorite was 5:00 am to 1:30 pm but I also worked 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm and my least favorite was just the opposite of the first. 5:00 pm to 1:30 am. But it was a fun job.

central supply in the local hospital. worked part time at night with job description including wrapping bodies and taking them to the morgue

That would be my job at an ad agency fresh out of college. Hated it. Happy to give up that highly coveted spot less than a year later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter