• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What was the first physical fight you ever had?

I guess I just had a real hittable face. :D Several fights when I was 6, a couple more when I was 8, and a guy jumped me and sucker punched me when I was 9. After that I was big enough that I wasn't a target of opportunity, I guess.

The ones when I was 8: this guy just laid me out with a haymaker over some baseball game in the neighborhood. My Dad found out about it and said, "The next time you see him, I want you to walk up and hit him right in the face." So the next time I saw him, I did what my Dad told me to do: I hit the guy in the face. Once. Then stopped and looked at him. He stepped back, wiped the blood off his mouth, looked at me and proceeded to beat the absolute crap out of me. I think my Dad probably slept on the couch over that one. My mother was not pleased.

I can not recall engaging in a combative moment IN MY 71 YEARS having much preferred to discuss rather than employ fisticuffs ; HOWEVER, there has been one exception where force was applied.

While standing and minding my own business being somewhat in a STATE OF DISBELIEF my left hand was grabbed and in a gentle but forcefully fluid motion directed without personal input to a location that wound up against my right scapula. I winced :scared: as I heard in a directive tone >>>

"You are not going to change your mind!!!"

"NOPE!!!" I replied.

Approximately 30 minutes later I DO's were exchanged. 6/2/1973 :lovestruc

When I was in 8th grade a girl wanted to beat me up over a boy that she liked... She saw him and I talking at school, and walking home... She cornered me in the bathroom, and was calling me names and such... I did not even know who she was talking about, or what was going on.. when she said his name... I was like he is my cousin? and she stopped and goes what.... I was like my mom and his mom are sisters, so we are cousins..

Years later I ran into my cousin ... yep same cousin... out at a bar, and he came over and talked to me and my friends, and of course he hugged me and the next thing I know was this crazy girl is screaming at me, and my cousin is grabbing her, and pushing her away from me... He was like are you insane, this is my cousin... then she was all nice and trying to apologize. He took her home and broke up with her...

I was like what do you do to girls that make them act like this... lol...

My house was miserable so I attracted a bully who made me miserable, one day I had enough and dared her to hit me because I wasn't getting thrown out of school, if it happened it was going to be self defense and with witnesses. Well her ego couldn't stand getting called out in public like that so she went for it, we had to be pulled apart, I didn't get in trouble and she left me alone after that and went on top live a losers life - the end.

I got in a fight with a kid in 5th grade at school because he bit me on the shoulder. Then like a psycho he bit himself while waiting for the principle so he could say I bit him first. Amazingly my principle was suspect of it and had the kid bite a piece of paper and compared the marks. He got in a ton of trouble for it and I was told to go to the nurse and back to class.

As told to me by my mother and grandmother: I was 3 days old and my older sister was not happy that I had been brought home from the hospital, so she smacked me on the face.

Other than the typical sibling scrapples, first punch in the face was in the police academy. First fight with someone who wasn't getting paid to hit me...maybe a month into my service.

Elementary school around 2nd grade a much bigger girl would pick on me. Eventually I hit her back and got called into the principal's office. Still remember the look on my teacher's face of incredibility being I was shy, quiet, studious and really small, probably smallest in my class lol. Then when the principal saw me, took one look, I said she was picking on me and immediately said you can go hehe. The girl's mother must have called up but never bothered me again. Second time was in 6th grade when I beat a girl in a race over these wooden horses. She then punched me in my back and would wait for me on my way to religious instructions which we were let out early on Wed for to harrass me. Not sure if it was much of a fight again she was much bigger and continued to pick on me until my parents put an end to it tho I would swing back but mostly run and hide from her lol. She also came from a family that owned a lot of businesses in our town but it stopped. Then my brother in middle school and high school used to regularly beat me up, then run to my parents first and claim some story that I did it first which was not true so he got away with it, he was so whiney and a momma's boy lol so I stopped telling them. I tried to fight back but always lost. One day he did it and I had my gym bag and my lock fell out and when he had me on the ground I reached over backwards and hit him in the eye with it and he got a black eye. Then I got a whooped with a metal spoon by my mother lol.

Last edited:
My one and only physical altercation was when I was about 9 or 10. My friend, Judy, told me there was no Santa. I decked her. 😂. I saw Judy two years ago at our 50th high school reunion. We both remembered the incident - we laughed and laughed. 😁

I've never been in a real fight but I've slapped a guy before. We were all sitting around a table and he put his hand on my thigh. I moved his hand and told him no. When he put his hand back, I stood up and slapped him straight across the face.

Probably around 10 years ago. My wife and I left a Bronco's game around half time and two punks tried to jump me. One said something and as I turned around he sucker punched me and the other tried to jump on me.

This wasn't my first rodeo, as they say (but it was the first in about 30 or so years!). The punk who sucker punched me got his nose promptly rearranged and the other guy took a few good shots to the head before the police came. That was a pretty interesting scene, to say the least - one guy was laying on the ground bleeding all over himself, another was swaying back and forth trying to keep standing upright, and some middle age dude.

JoeA - 2
Punks - 0

"back in the day" like the 1990's, I had a few with my first husband. The first one I guess started over the remote for the TV. :sad2:

My first job out of college with my criminal justice degree, I worked a brief stint as a corrections officer. My very first day in training the officer I was with was jumped by a prisoner that had spud juice (homemade alcohol) I like to believe I helped him but I think the reality was I probably had zero impact. I was scared!! I was involved in a few other fights. I got into an altercation with a prisoner one on one and got roughed up pretty good but I like to believe I won the fight. I had him cufffed before backup got their. I was actually pretty proud of how I handled that one. When I got home it hit me hard. I turned in my notice 2 weeks later. I never wanted to work in corrections, I have always dreamed of being a cop. I did some serious soul searching and didn't pursue that dream. It's a big regret. However, I believe things happen for a reason. I work in HR now. It's a different kind of law enforcement!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter