What was the last "big" gathering you were a part of before the Shut Down?

Faculty meeting at my school to address school closure and distance learning (I'm a teacher). I miss school and my students so much! Breaks my heart!
Well yeah I had several days of school after I got back from my trip.

Fundraising event for a local homeless shelter, March 14... the last weekend we were free before shelter in place. It probably should have been cancelled TBH. But it is their major fundraising for the year so they wanted to squeeze it in. I had to work at the event for a service group I’m in

My niece's figure skating competition at the end of February. It ran for 4 days but she competed 2 days so 2 days 2 different crowds.

WDW in February, playing the Rise of the Resistance Get a Boarding Group game - scored low number groups 5 different days!

Seemed like such a big deal at the time, lol.

A flight home from Puerto Vallarta on March 21. The charter flight was less than 1/2 full when we went down a week earlier but jamb-packed to the rafters on the way back as the available seats had been appropriated by the Canadian government for repatriation operations.

Walt Disney World 3/12-3/15. was super attentive to not touching face and hand washing after every ride but glad I went immediately into quarantine for going on now three weeks. Honestly even in quarantine im re-exposed every day considering my family's work. Mostly Glad I experienced happily ever after one last time since who knows when we'll get back.

USFSA Synchronized Figure Skating National Championships in Providence, RI, Feb 27-Mar 1.

It was the same weekend as that hotspot tech conference in Boston, and many of the teams flew through BOS. Amazingly, from what I've heard, no teams reported athletes coming down with COVID-19. (The sport requires athletes to touch pretty much constantly, so they actually tend to be hyper-vigilant about washing hands.)

I was a poll worker for Florida's primary on 3/17. We did the best we could to stay safe and I was very relieved when I made it past the 14 day point with no indications of illness.

WDW 2/26-3/3. ATL airport was already starting to get crazy on 3/3. Then 3/6-3/8, we were in TX visiting family. Being at Buckey’s on 3/7 felt like being in a huge gathering since it was so packed. No one there was worried about the virus yet. 3/17 is the last time I’ve been in a store at all.

What was the last "big" gathering you were a part of before the Shut Down?

March 6-14 - RV trip to Vegas for sweepstakes bowling (no idea of how many people were in the bowling alley). Combined with a small group trip to Calico Ghost Town (8 other people).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter