What was the last "big" gathering you were a part of before the Shut Down?

DD and I were at Disneyland with friends Feb. 26th. We went to a very packed Anaheim Packing District Mar 7th, didnt stay long it was that crowded, we could barely walk around in the main building. Lastly, DH and I went to dinner with our friends on Mar 15th...it was a little uncomfortable, after we got there we talked about how we should've just stayed home and made dinner there.
My last day of work was Mar 17th....I work in a daycare/preschool, there were 3 kids and 4 teachers. :guilty:

Staff meetings on March 16 where we learned how we were going to handle distance learning. I'm a school speech pathologist.

On March 7 we were inAlexandria, VA for the weekend and in our way home we stopped in Annapolis, MD for lunch and found ourselves in the middle of their St Patrick’s day parade. We tried to avoid as much as we could while grabbing lunch.

I guess it depends on your definition

Vacation: ski trip from Feb 27th-March 1st..wasn't a large gathering as in an event..people were just skiing and myself and my mother-in-law spent the time in the ski facility while my husband and sister-in-law skied. We were surrounded by people in much closer quarters 1 day at lunch while we were watching a college basketball game but other than that it wasn't as much squeezing in of people. Rather than fly we did drive though (takes about 10 1/2-11 hours or so).

Super Bowl victory parade and rally: about a million people total February 5th--we got the flu from that :( and so did others. That caused us to delay our vacation listed above by 2 weeks.

Disneyland Feb 2-8 and Disney World Mar 11-14

Our trip didn't get cut short we just had it planned that way. Definitely a memorable trip! Celebrated my birthday with my twin who works at Disney and on our birthday it was announced that disney was closing. It is crazy to think about how close my trip was to being postponed and such.

Of course I come home, work for a week and then my work closes. Going on three weeks off now. These are crazy times!

Not a gathering per se. My nephew and his wife took me and my sister to a very crowded Cheesecake Factory for lunch one weekend in February because my sister was having shoulder surgery a few days later and we wouldn't be able to get together every weekend like we usually do for six-eight weeks. The place was packed, we waited 45 minutes for a table but we had a great time and laughed a lot.

I haven't seen my sister since then, and it looks like I won't see her for some long time to come. I miss her so much, she's my best friend and the most precious person on this Earth to me. She's in Philly, and if she gets sick too she might not do as well as me because she has high blood pressure. It terrifies me that I might never see her again. :sad1:

Not a huge gathering but we had my Daughter-in-law’s baby shower on March 7. 40 people- several of them (including DIL) are nurses!

I was at Epcot on Feb. 15 with friends and then I had three weeks of performances of Brigadoon at my community theater (a cast/crew of about 40 plus an audience of 180 each night) with the last two performances on March 8.

My parents and little brother stayed with me for a week after that during their spring break and we were originally planning to go to Hollywood Studios on March 17, but we decided against it and stayed home.

My nephew's wedding on March 14. He spent the day before having to cancel all of their honeymoon plans cause Disney had given notice two days earlier that the parks were shutting down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter