What was the longest car journey you remember taking as a kid?

San Francisco area to Orlando and Miami taking i40 not i10.

Runner up sf area to cancun mx, maybe longer time wise

One summer when I was 12, we spent 6-weeks traveling from New England to Colorado/Wyoming and back. That was a heck of a trip!

Detroit to Virginia Beach, pretty much every summer. My mom's only sister lives there and visiting family was about 90% of our vacations when I was growing up, so we made that drive many, many times over the years.

Either Montreal to Toronto, Boston or New York. I think they are in the 5-6 hour range. All were to visit family or friends. We didn’t do big road trips. Even now I don’t like being in the car too long.

Michigan to Texas, the summer I was 8 years old (1966). My parents, me, my aunt and uncle and their two kids. Drove straight through, in a station wagon. Visited my Dad and uncle’s family.

From Philadelphia up to the Pocono Mountains. I wish I had been older to appreciate the beauty of the scenery during the drive more.

When I was young my aunt, my uncle and his wife and me and my sister drove from NJ to Washington DC to Chicago. In a Chevy Citation!!!

With my family we drove from NC to Ohio (we purchased Cedar Fair Platinum Passes) to Chicago to Minnesota then back home. Luckily we rented a minivan with all the bells and whistles!!!

My parents never went on vacations. The only time we ever went anywhere was to Greenfield Village in Michigan which was just 2 hours away when I was 10.

Every year from Philadelphia to Daytona Beach to Mississippi and back to Philadelphia.

Every year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter