What was the most annoying

Cantw8

Skating on thin ice and the sun's coming up
thing that happened to you today?

TRAFFIC

A dog that howls at every. little. thing. and I don't know how to stop it.

Bought white asparagus for dinner. Stupid little buggers kept breaking when peeling. Took forever to prep.

All my efforts ... for zip. They were AWFUL! :furious:

I work at a University, and it was really nice out today, so all the drunk students were coming into the dining hall after swimming/drinking, an being nasty/loud while I'm trying to eat. lol

A dog that howls at every. little. thing. and I don't know how to stop it.

Same except for a cat. She's killing me.

She's been to the vet and has a chronic issue for which she is being medicated. She's deaf so I can't call her to me which will calm her down for a minute.

Same except for a cat. She's killing me.

She's been to the vet and has a chronic issue for which she is being medicated. She's deaf so I can't call her to me which will calm her down for a minute.

Hmm..he does always seem to have an ear infection so maybe that's part of the issue. It's no secret that I'm not a pet person and this howling is making things 100 times worse. It could be something as small as a pot boiling over on the stove or, the case just now, a spoon barely touching a bowl.

Well, it's only 5:39 am ;)

So I'll go with the alarm, set for 5 am on a Saturday morning.

I'm a morning person, but could have happily slept until 6:30 or 7. But I have to be in school early to proctor the SATs.

Bought white asparagus for dinner. Stupid little buggers kept breaking when peeling. Took forever to prep.

All my efforts ... for zip. They were AWFUL! :furious:
Yes!! I totally agree! I love the green so I thought maybe I should try the white asparagus for the first time last year thinking it would somehow taste better than the green. Well I was wrong. It is nasty.

Well, it's only 5:39 am ;)

So I'll go with the alarm, set for 5 am on a Saturday morning.

I'm a morning person, but could have happily slept until 6:30 or 7. But I have to be in school early to proctor the SATs.

Oh, my niece is taking them today!

I was going to say something similar about being up early. I adore my cats, but they have no concept that there is a difference between weekdays and weekends...and seem to think it is their sworn duty to get me up on time.

<<<<< My dog needs a mani/pedi and we have hardwood floors. All I heard before I dragged myself out of bed was "click click click click" as he paced and goes up and down the stairs. FINE! I'm up! Ugh.

It's only 7am on a Saturday and I have been logged into work for almost 2 hours and have done 2 loads of laundry. Ny other option is to wake up and do all this tomorrow on Mother's Day.

Not a gosh darn thing. :) As I've gotten older (started when I began menopause) things irritated me that didn't use to. Little annoyances, big annoyances. I realized I was spending more of my life annoyed than not being annoyed. Had a pep talk with myself and decided to get over it. Like last night, DH and I decided to go for a walk in the park but had a picnic there first. We were eating and I mentioned enjoying hearing the birds, and he said "and the screaming kids behind you?" I smiled and told him they were just playing, no big deal. I was focusing on hearing the birds rather than on hearing the kids and enjoyed the picnic so much more than I would have had a been annoyed by the kids.

And like the neighbor spending 20 minutes almost every single night mowing his lawn. He never gets it all mowed at once, and his yard isn't very big. His mower is louder than normal (backfires, needs a muffler) and it used to irritate me to no end. But. Can I do anything about it? No. Except get over it. And the crap haulers running up and down the road a hundred times a day. Can't do anything about that either. Get over it.

I have been finding myself much more calm and happier by not letting myself get irritated over every little thing. :) The only thing I haven't been able to conquer is a constant barking dog. That has always been my biggest pet peeve. There is a dog down the road the barks constantlly when its owner ties it up and leaves it outside. It's a jack russell so has a very shrill bark. Trouble is, it's my daughter and son-in-law's dog. :) I'm working on it though. :)

BAD dip in the road (construction) bottomed out the car. DW was driving, so at least I didn't get yelled at :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter