What was the most unusual gift you received this year?

snowman

DIS Veteran
My stepfather (well, ex sf now I guess) and his gf gave DSO and I a bag of frozen meat for Christmas. Its great and we will definately be having the bacon wrapped filets for New Years Day...but still, giving the gift of meat is a little unusual (though I have done it once myself).

So? What was your most unusual gift this year?

DH gave me a nascar blender. I love nascar, but don't need or want a new blender, yet alone a nascar one. Can't regift it, or sell it on Ebay, since I don't want to hurt his feelings.

BTW- I've recieved meat on at least 2 Christmas. Once my great grandmother, gave us a basket with all the fixings, for a steak dinner-steak, potatoes, salad, and a cheesecake for dessert. Last year I got Omaha Steaks from family back home.

My most unusual gift this year is one I will treasure forever!

DD bought me a plain long sleeve navy blue shirt. Then she bought special paint and had my grandson (he will be 2 in February) put his hand prints on the shirt and it also says "Love, Colby" on it.

She took a picture of him while he was putting his hand prints on the shirt, and framed that and gave it to me as well.

I actually got all teary-eyed when I opened it, and ran over to give DD a big hug! I absolutely LOVE special gifts like this, and will treasure it always!!!

My most unusual gift this year is one I will treasure forever!

DD bought me a plain long sleeve navy blue shirt. Then she bought special paint and had my grandson (he will be 2 in February) put his hand prints on the shirt and it also says "Love, Colby" on it.

She took a picture of him while he was putting his hand prints on the shirt, and framed that and gave it to me as well.

I actually got all teary-eyed when I opened it, and ran over to give DD a big hug! I absolutely LOVE special gifts like this, and will treasure it always!!!

That is a very cute gift.

I got floor mats for my SUV from DH. Never asked for them, never said I needed any. (actually have some in there already)

I got this:

30d6_1_bl.jpg

I got T.P.!!We drew names as part of this game my m-i-l makes us play every holiday. My number got me a 4-pak of toilet paper. My DH's # got him a $5 gift card to the local grocery store. Unfortunately, we live 3 hours from m-i-l and her local grocery store!Do I win?

I got a 10 carat Pink Diamond size 10, from my DD6. She bought it our church craft fair last week, with her own money and I didn't even know about it. I'm a size 7 so today my mission is to go and find a ring guard. DD is just like her mom (me), she knows how to find a bargin, she bought a 10 carat Pink diamond for FIVE DOLLARS!

Well, it wasn't bought specifically for me, (I don't think so anyway), but I ended up with it at our annual family Christmas party/Yankee Swap.

It's a stuffed fox, standing upright, dressed in a pink robe, pink slippers, and a nightcap thingy wrapped around it's head. When you press the foot, the fox dances to "Come and Get Your Love", and opens its robe to reveal a pair of red, satin undies, and a very large plastic heart that says "foxy" on it and lights up. The fox is packaged in a box proclaiming, "Flirty Flashers: "I sing, I dance, and I flash...a surprise."

What was he/she thinking of when they spotted that gem!:lmao:

We got a wonderful gift of Lobster Bisque, Lobster Tails and NY Strip Steak from our former roommate in NYC. Lisa and I used to go up to the Chelsea Market every Sunday and have Lobster Bisque for lunch, and Tina knows that we miss it terribly. It was such a surprise and SO incredibly delicious. It came from a company called Lobster Anywhere and I highly recommend it.

The other great and unusual gift that I received was a box made of Lapis Lazuli that came from Afghanistan. Lisa's brother is stationed there and she asked him to get one for me. It is a beautiful blue stone with flecks of black, pink and yellow in it. It is one of the most beauriful things I have ever received and I will treasure it always.

Linda

My daughters rcvd a 10 pound bag of chicken wings. I rcvd a package of Stimudents.... like a big toothpick to clean between your teeth.

My DBF's Mom got me Emeraude perfume.... which is the scent my GRANDMOTHER used to wear.

lol, some of these are funny.

I got one gift this year, and that gift came from my DP's Aunt. I guess since we are lesbians she thought it was okay to give us both a mens fragrance.

I wanted to cry, I much rather have had nothing and not gotten anything for Christmas than given a mens fragrance because of my sexuality.

It is very obvious that it is a mens fragrance. The bad thing is, DP thinks I should wear it around them.

I love my grandparents. They mean well. :) They gave me a box of scrapbooking for dummies. lol. i've been scrapbooking for years. I just thought it was cute and funny. They also gave me a mini flashlight which I guess is pretty practical!

Mine was unusual but really cool

I got an "experience."

There's a wolf sanctuary in NJ and hubby gave me tickets for four to watch and experience the Wolves for a day~

I got a chihuahua (toy) that if you strap to a table and press its ear it...well yea

funny as all get out and my chihuahua (girl) attacks it!!!

My husband received a case of fire logs from my mother. Luckily, we actually have a fireplace but she couldn't get him a gift cerificate? My younger son received a second hand sleeping bag and $20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter