What was the renewal price for the Disney Sorcerer pass when it came out?

@Avery&Todd, I renewed my AP today, from DVC Gold to DVC Sorcerer, and added on the PhotoPass downloads, which I thought was $99. The ticket, including PhotoPass, was $848, and tax brought it to $903.12. As above, the AP alone without PP would have been $764, or $813.66 with tax. So the PP add-on was only $84, or $89.46 including tax - a 10% discount on the PP. That was nice! Next month we'll renew DH's AP, but we won't include the PP downloads on his.

@Avery&Todd, I renewed my AP today, from DVC Gold to DVC Sorcerer, and added on the PhotoPass downloads, which I thought was $99. The ticket, including PhotoPass, was $848, and tax brought it to $903.12. As above, the AP alone without PP would have been $764, or $813.66 with tax. So the PP add-on was only $84, or $89.46 including tax - a 10% discount on the PP. That was nice! Next month we'll renew DH's AP, but we won't include the PP downloads on his.
thank you for this!!!

and that's another thing - with APs now having to buy PP for each pass - do I get it just for me or do I get it for both of us? AND, if I get it for just me, and DH signs into MY MDE on his phone, will he then have access to the pictures?

I just dont want to have to text him all the pictures we take - believe it or not, my DH is a HUGE PP fan...we take ALL the pictures! HA!

This is great information - thank you. We're coming around to renewal time in a few weeks, and it's good to know those numbers - of course, they could change this month, I'm sure. But it's good to know that a DVC Sorcerer with PP is $903 right now. Thanks.

thank you for this!!!

and that's another thing - with APs now having to buy PP for each pass - do I get it just for me or do I get it for both of us? AND, if I get it for just me, and DH signs into MY MDE on his phone, will he then have access to the pictures?

I just dont want to have to text him all the pictures we take - believe it or not, my DH is a HUGE PP fan...we take ALL the pictures! HA!
Well, if he's signed into your MDE, he'll see all the photos and be able to download without watermarks, since they're coming from your MDE that owns the PP. We decided to attach it to my AP because I'm the one that does all the downloading when we get home. When still at the parks, I'll download and email/text it to him if there's one he wants right then. BTW in November DD and DSiL were at WDW, and I got all their photos as well. I did notice that they expired in a month or so rather than a year like ours did, so I made sure to download all of them shortly after they got home. Hopefully the PP attached to my AP will work the same way!

With Chapek’s comment today about theme park ticket holders being “more favorable”, AP’s may not come back.

At the very least, Disney has created a FOMO situation when it comes to renewing one’s AP.

Lost the movie vault to D+ and learned to vault APs. Well done, diamond hands.

My AP expired the end of November 2021. When I tried to renew it in the early summer, they would not let me do it because they were enforcing the 60 days before/30 days after the renewal expiration date >:( I was concerned about being able to book my park reservations for my trip the beginning of December and really wanted to renew earlier :rolleyes1 They were advising people in that situation to buy regular tickets, book your park reservations with those tickets and then apply that ticket price to the AP when it fell in the renewal time frame :confused3 I did not want to chance that so I just waited until the very first day that I could renew and I was able to get all the park reservations I wanted ::MinnieMo

With Chapek’s comment today about theme park ticket holders being “more favorable”, AP’s may not come back.
You better believe they are crunching the numbers to see what will be more profitable to them. I would suspect they will not even consider selling new AP until they can fully staff the parks.

Everyone is scaring me into thinking I need to renew my AP. We currently have the sorcerer which expires mid September (going to Disney next in May), however I am pregnant and due in September so I wasn’t planning on renewing since we probably will only make it back for one trip between sep 22 and sep 23 with the new baby coming. I didn’t think the math worked out for a single trip in buying the AP but I don’t want to lose the option to have an AP if I don’t renew…. I hate how Disney keeps playing these mind games.

Everyone is scaring me into thinking I need to renew my AP. We currently have the sorcerer which expires mid September (going to Disney next in May), however I am pregnant and due in September so I wasn’t planning on renewing since we probably will only make it back for one trip between sep 22 and sep 23 with the new baby coming. I didn’t think the math worked out for a single trip in buying the AP but I don’t want to lose the option to have an AP if I don’t renew…. I hate how Disney keeps playing these mind games.

You could wait and see if they will offer new annual pass vouchers. If they do, you could buy one of the vouchers (right away) instead of renewing. That way, the voucher would be ready and waiting for you when you are ready to go to WDW again. (Fingers crossed.)
But, if they don't resume AP sales--that is a tough call. A lot could happen in the next year or so. Maybe they even stop renewals? Or, given more time, they restart annual passes? Everything certainly has been turned upsidedown, hasn't it? (But no matter what, I think win with the new baby. :) Congratulations! )

You could wait and see if they will offer new annual pass vouchers. If they do, you could buy one of the vouchers (right away) instead of renewing. That way, the voucher would be ready and waiting for you when you are ready to go to WDW again. (Fingers crossed.)
But, if they don't resume AP sales--that is a tough call. A lot could happen in the next year or so. Maybe they even stop renewals? Or, given more time, they restart annual passes? Everything certainly has been turned upsidedown, hasn't it? (But no matter what, I think win with the new baby. :) Congratulations! )
Thank you so much and thanks for the voucher suggestion!! ☺

I'm in the same boat. I typically plan a trip right before the AP expires and then buy new on the next trip. I would only be buying about every 18 months that way. My current expires 10/1, my next trip after that isn't until 11/28. I would prefer to wait until 11/28 and buy new, that way I would be good for a trip next fall. But if new doesn’t come back, I’ll be forced to renew.

Our passes have to be renewed by 4/1/22. We upgraded last year from Weekday Select to Theme Park Select (which were some of the FL resident only options). I actually thought the Theme Park Select was a good alternative from Weekday Select, even though the calendar was convoluted. Regardless, we didn't really use our passes much due to covid and crowds, and went only a handful of times. We were hoping this year would be better for going to the parks, but our options are now limited to the 4 new park passes. I'm leaning towards the Pixie Pass. I read somewhere the renewal cost with a Pixie pass was $339 each. I sure would like the option to go on a Sunday, but it doesn't seem worth the extra $425 per person if my math is right. I'm worried we shouldn't let our passes lapse either.

As to price of the Sorcerer pass renewal, it was $764 plus tax when introduced in Sep and is still the same price; likewise the currently stated new Sorcerer pass cost of $899 plus tax (although not currently being sold) was $899 when initially introduced.

ou could wait and see if they will offer new annual pass vouchers. If they do, you could buy one of the vouchers (right away) instead of renewing. That way, the voucher would be ready and waiting for you when you are ready to go to WDW again. (Fingers crossed.)

Thank you so much and thanks for the voucher suggestion!! ☺

Keep in mind that AP vouchers now expire 12 months after date of purchase (at least - the ones that were sold until they stopped AP sales last year). So I'm not sure this option would help you anymore.

Keep in mind that AP vouchers now expire 12 months after date of purchase (at least - the ones that were sold until they stopped AP sales last year). So I'm not sure this option would help you anymore.
The only way it would help is that the expired voucher represents money that can be applied to the purchase of a new AP voucher or another ticket, so it would be a way of making a partial payment toward a new one!

the AP alone without PP would have been $764, or $813.66 with tax. So the PP add-on was only $84, or $89.46 including tax - a 10% discount on the PP. That was nice!
That’s what I paid a couple of days ago to renew DH. Wanted to get it as early as possible to beat what I feel will be at least a 10% increase sooner vs later

didn’t realize there would be a discount on adding the PP to the sorcerer renewals. May reconsider & add it after all hmmm

That’s what I paid a couple of days ago to renew DH. Wanted to get it as early as possible to beat what I feel will be at least a 10% increase sooner vs later

didn’t realize there would be a discount on adding the PP to the sorcerer renewals. May reconsider & add it after all hmmm
We’re so accustomed to having it with our APs that we knew we’d want it. But we didn’t add it to DH’s AP when we renewed his yesterday - figured we only needed it for one of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter