What was the worst place you ate on your trip to WDW?

The worst we had was ESPN Zone. I thought it would be nice to pick someplace special for my husband to enjoy, but the service was horrible and the food was so-so.

Worst character meal was Crystal Palace. The characters kept visiting all the tables around us, but wouldn't stop at our table. The other tables were on an aisle, and we were the only table stuck in the middle of the section. They visited other tables 2-3 times before they came to us. We asked the waiter a couple times, and he said to expect it to take at least an hour for all the characters to come around, but they obviously had plenty of time with all the other tables. They were my daughter's favorite characters, too, so that made it even worse. It was also about the worst buffet I've ever been to. I ended up making myself a lunchmeat sandwich off the buffet because there wasn't anything else I liked.

I have never had a bad TS meal. I have had a CS meal at Cosmic Rays that I just don't like. I know the burgers there are pretty much the same in the CS world, but there is something about that burger at Cosmic Rays, maybe the U shaped bacon? The taste is just off with the whole burger. Call me crazy :rotfl: This is one CS place I don't go to anymore. :)

The only restaurant we have no plans to ever go back to is Hollywood & Vine. It was a horrible buffet and my DS was very very very ill at the hotel that night. Meaning, he "exploded" all over the bathroom! :guilty:

But, that said, we have eaten at the following and would go back:

Breakfast: Tusker House and Rainforest Cafe (both at Animal Kingdom)

TS Lunch or Dinner: Le Cellier, San Angel Inn, Garden Grill, Whispering Canyon Cafe, HoopdeDoo, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Sci Fi Diner, Planet Hollywood.

Most of the counter service restaurants have basically the same food and tastes the same at whichever park you are at. It's not awesome food, but it's fast food.

lynninpa said:
The Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show. Of course, just the humble opinions of myself and my husband!

food :crazy2: show :crazy2: service :crazy2:

I'll second that. The food was cold by the time we got it and we were seated behind a pillar with very tall people seated on either side of it. We could actually see only about 1/3 of the stage. And it was freezing cold that night. Really, they should have cancelled the show due to weather. The manager did finally refund 1/2 the cost, it was that bad. NEVER again.

I enjoyed the show at the HDDR but the food wasn't great.

Of course, everyone is different. However, the absolute worst meal we have ever had at WDW (& I know people disagree!) was at Alfredo's. The wait staff was polite, attentive & wondered why we didn't eat. We had heard such wonderful reviews from family members & friends, but none of us liked it. We'll go to Tony's for Italian!

We have only had one bad meal at WDW, and it was horrid - Cape May Clambake. DH, DS and I found nothing there that would be considered "good".

Last year it was Akershus, and this year it was Ohana, and I hate that because last year our meal at Ohana was FABULOUS!!! If they don't change the menu we will never go back to Ohana again :sad2:

Ours would be either Alfredos....horrible service and not so great food or 50s Prime Time. We had a horrible waiter and just did not have the fun experience there a lot of people have. Oh well, live and learn.

Add us to the Chef Mickeys list. We ate there on 8/17 and the food was awful except for one pasta dish that was edible. Our waiter was none existant. We had to hunt him down twice for drinks, again to clear our plates and two more time to pay our bill. Never again!

Rose and Crown is another one where the food was terrible. I was shocked that I can find better bangers and mash in the middle of no where in New Hampshire than I had down there. DH was the only one who liked his meal. Our server ignored us all night and was not happy when we refused to order dessert. We were seated right next to the half wall between the pub and restaurant and we constantly had people looking at over our shoulders.

OK, I have not read every single post, but out of the roughly 180 complaints, has anyone contacted Disney regarding their problems. I mean the Disney Corp., not the restaurant staff. Or, at the very least, the restaurant managers at these problem locations? :confused3

I talked to the manager of the Luau. He gave agreed the seats were awful and that we missed most of the show because we couldn't see. He gave us 1/2 off our ticket. I personally don't think the food alone was even worth that but I was freezing cold, exhausted and hungry (we wound up at the Pop Century food court AFTER paying $50 to eat at the luau) so I took what he offered and left.

I've never had a truly bad meal at WDW, thank goodness. Even the Luau, which seems to have no end of complaints, had very tasty, very passable food. Clearly, I'm not awfully picky. I don't eat fast food often, but I feel WDW offers food quite a few steps above anything you'll find in a MacD's or BK. I guess when you pay so much for a meal, you expect a lot more, and are sorely let down when it doesn't appear.
The most disappointed I've ever been with a WDW meal was Marrakesh. The food was very dry, the server not overly friendly. It wasn't bad, just not what I had come to expect based on the reviews on this board. I might try it again, I might not. I might also skip 50's PTC, only because the server we had last time lacked the sufficient mastery of English to pull off a proper "cousin" act. She tried, bless her, it just wasn't in her. I thought the food fit the theme of the place very well, but my mother wasn't all that inventive a cook, either, and many meals were from Chef Boyardee and Campbells. Ahh, nostalgia!

I must be very easy to please because I have not ever had a really bad meal at wdw.
I completely agree with the person who said- nobody should cancel ps's based on this thread. I know someone mentioned Chef Mickey's- we loved- the character interaction was so good. My kids loved it. I thought the food was good- I stuck with pasta and salad, and rare carved beef.

Cape May Cafe: food was good as usual, except I do not like they changed the peel and eat shrimp from the iced salad area to hot in water by the clams. I like my shrimp cold.

But the worst was service. They acted like they could care less, we had to beg for tea, force them to remove dirty plates and got no thanks you for our tip of 18%.

It was the only time I was sorry it was built in the DDP.

We were so disappointed in the H&V! We did the Fantasmic Dinner Package. Thank goodness Fantasmic was great! H&V was so absolutely awful, they should be ashamed!

badhairday said:
We were so disappointed in the H&V! We did the Fantasmic Dinner Package. Thank goodness Fantasmic was great! H&V was so absolutely awful, they should be ashamed!

Agreed! I think all the places to eat at MGM are just awful!! I haven't eaten at 50's Prime Time or Sci-fi, since '98 because they were so disgusting!! Then, I went to H&V this June and it brought back all those horrible memoires! Yuck!

I talked w/ someone from WDW about an experience at Cape May. That was the first time in my life I have actually called or wrote to make a complaint. I didn't do it so much for the bad food we had there(two seperate times) but more for the disappointment of the unDisney like experience at a WDW restaurant. I can handle an off night from the kitchen but when we have bad food combined with just absolutely uncairing service I just couldn't let that pass.

Sci fi.. Mediocre food, limited menu and the flying saucer seats were horrible and dull. Service was good but i'm not in a hurry to return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter