What was you addicted to as a kid?

reecejackox

DIS Veteran
I would say playing outside , I would miss meals or as soon as I eat couldn't wait to go outside again.

I don’t think I was really addicted to anything. Growing up in the 60’s and 70’s things were pretty simple. You played outdoors, rode your bike, roller skated. You didn’t sit around the house watching tv all day. I did really get into listening to music later as a teen. I got my own bedroom when I was 16 and I would listen to it all the time.

Disney and white corvettes. I have always loved Disney; the idea of Disney and it was always my dream to own a white corvette with a glass top. I'm happy to say I'm a DVC owner so Disney is an annual occurrence, and I bought my white corvette with a glass top several years ago. It took me a long time to realize both dreams, but I guess it shows if you never give up dreams do come true.

Normal things I really like doing (not sure I would call them addictions) were playing outside and riding my bike..

I don’t think I was really addicted to anything. Growing up in the 60’s and 70’s things were pretty simple. You played outdoors, rode your bike, roller skated. You didn’t sit around the house watching tv all day. I did really get into listening to music later as a teen. I got my own bedroom when I was 16 and I would listen to it all the time.
Yep sounds like us as well. Also as a group of preteen and later teen boys, we would spend a lot of time in the woods around us, building forts and camping out. When we would camp out we would spend most of the night just walking around town. I started rewatching the Wonder Years this weekend and it really takes me back. One of the lines that Kevin Arnold says about those times in the first episode really summarizes the way most of that grew up in that time felt.

" But, in a way, those really were the wonder years for us there in the suburbs. It was kind of a golden age for kids.”

Last edited:

Many of the above, especially bike riding and MTV, plus cartoon shows (all the classic toy ad 80's shows), Garbage Pail Kids, Transformers, monster/space toys, model kits, drawing, comics, late night Horror/Sci-Fi movies, etc.

Stickers! Does anyone remember collecting and trading stickers in the 80s? In addition to my regular album I had an Aristocats and a Care Bears book that you could buy packs of stickers for in the grocery store. You had to keep getting packs since they were random to try and fill in the whole book.

About 10 years ago I found some old packs of stickers from the 80s/90s that I still had and they were unopened. I sold them on Ebay. Someone paid me like $50 for a pack on New Kids on the Block stickers. My mom said do you know how much of that I have thrown away over the years? :)

Stickers! Does anyone remember collecting and trading stickers in the 80s? In addition to my regular album I had an Aristocats and a Care Bears book that you could buy packs of stickers for in the grocery store. You had to keep getting packs since they were random to try and fill in the whole book.

About 10 years ago I found some old packs of stickers from the 80s/90s that I still had and they were unopened. I sold them on Ebay. Someone paid me like $50 for a pack on New Kids on the Block stickers. My mom said do you know how much of that I have thrown away over the years? :)
I forgot about stickers!

A few years ago, I found my old sticker book from the 80's. Scented, holographic, puffy, lenticular, prismatic, Garbage Pail kids, every type of sticker type you could imagine.

What I don't have anymore are those Mystik liquid stickers, they were rare, and they were most excellent. Mine was wizard-shaped.
You could mush around the shimmering liquid with your finger.
Vintage-80s-Mystik-Oilies-Oilie-SATURN-PLANET-Sticker.jpg

Rumor has it, that breaking the seal and drinking the Mystik liquid would transform you into a C.H.U.D.!
D6uCWO4V4AANCKP.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter