What was your child's favorite souvenir?

AuntieKels

Mouseketeer
I'm curious what kids of different ages really enjoyed after they returned home. I don't know about you, but I get a little carried away trying to pick the best souvenirs while I'm at the parks.

My daughter was 1.5 last summer on our trip and her favorite souvenirs were the refrigerator magnets and a Disneyland resort coffee table book. It is basically larges pictures and advertisements for their parks and hotels. She absolutely loves flipping though the bright photo pages and pointing out her favorite things.

She does not seem to care for the 60th Minnie plush I thought she would love though.

What about the rest of you?

Many years after purchasing it, my daughter still has her 'Stormtrooper Eating a Mickey Ice Cream Bar' bobblehead on her bedside table. It's the same one as in this picture I found on Google Images - I love the chocolate smudges on the helmet.

maxresdefault.jpg

For DS8 it's the build-your-own-lightsabre, BB-8 sipper and pressed pennies! We filled a whole pressed penny book over our 3-day trip last June. He still talks about how fun that was!

This year DD and I both purchased vinyl Precious Moments dolls dressed as Disney princesses. She got Rapunzel and I got Belle. The artist was there and signed both of them.

There hasn't been one thing that's earned their attention for more than a week after we leave the Park. We've tried various souvenir strategies: limiting it to one type of toy (a stuffed animal, for example), giving them an allowance to make their own choices though out the visit, surprising them at home with something they identified in the Park, etc. The impetuousness of my children leads me to believe it's not worth investing too much time or effort into souvenirs. However, I will say that from our experience at Aulani, the pool bracelets are extremely valued: it's something they can continue to wear for weeks afterwards and tell their friends about. It goes to show you that the best souvenirs are experienced-based.

I just asked -- DD12 says hers is the Winnie the Pooh in pajamas stuffed animal she got in the gift shop near the Winnie the Pooh ride when she was 6. DD16 says hers is a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt from the DTD Disney store.

Age 3 - Doc McStuffins doctor kit
Age 5- Build your own light saber (done with big brother), stuffed Minnie (in room surprise), Pick a pearl necklace.

It's got to be Disney hoodies. He wears them until they're too warn to be seen in!
I like them to because every time I see My DS in them it reminds me a good times.

I know that when I was younger, my most favorite souvenir was the play set of the Sleeping Beauty Castle with the little characters and train that goes around. It was so cool! I still have it displayed.

My now 8 year old still sleeps with her Duffy dressed as Stitch that she picked out on our last trip 2 years ago. I never would have guessed it.

The one thing my daughter continues to play since over the past couple of years has been the bubble gun/wand.

My kids get the most use out of t-shirts. My 6-year-old tends to prefer Mickey ears (he has a collection). My 2 1/2 year old daughter likes the plush dolls and Cars characters. My 2 1/2 year old son likes his R2-D2 Mickey ears and Cars characters. It's really hit or miss. Every trip we let them each pick one thing. Sometimes they play with their new thing forever and other times they don't want a think to do with it by the time we get home.

My daughter may not agree, but T shirts. They are practical and get the most use. Everything else ends up collecting dust after a week or so.

My kids love their stuffed animals, some more than others. Last year my then 5 year old got a large floppy Stitch- he has slept with it every single night for 14 months now. My older girls have loved snow globes, ear hats, rings, etc.

My daughter loves her ears she has a few of them from age 3-8 she has always chosen them and alternates them and wears them on Halloween or a regular Tuesday

When my youngest was 5 or 6, she really wanted a mickey light spinner. I really thought it was a waste of money, but it was her favorite toy for YEARS. She would lay in bed at night and it would help her fall asleep. She took it with her anytime we went on a trip. She is almost 17 and she still has it...

When my youngest was 5 or 6, she really wanted a mickey light spinner. I really thought it was a waste of money, but it was her favorite toy for YEARS. She would lay in bed at night and it would help her fall asleep. She took it with her anytime we went on a trip. She is almost 17 and she still has it...

Was it the Sorcerer's Apprentice? We got one. Still works to some degree after more than 3 years, although it doesn't spin smoothly and one of the light points doesn't properly light up.

We also got one of those light up staffs with a Mickey head shaped end. Still - I'd say my kid's favorite was the Mickey balloon. I heard that they can stay inflated for months because the helium permeates extremely slowly through clear plastic, and the latex balloon doesn't really deflate when surrounded by the clear balloon. We made the mistake of not taking it with us and out of our car during lunch on a hot day in the Central Valley on the drive home. It was in many, many pieces.

Still - we've also gotten a lot of assorted stuff from Disney on Ice, including a light up cup and Mickey cup that had a snow-cone. There were cheesy Cars hats and foam Mickey Mouse ears. However, before even arriving (this was Oakland) we saw unlicensed vendors selling cheap non-Disney light spinners and light up wands. People were buying them and taking them in. They were still being sold after the show.

I have to agree that the clothing probably gets the most use. That and the Disneyland blanket that was the purchase with purchase early last year. I had bought myself one and my daughter (then 8, now 9) kept "stealing" it, so luckily it was still available the next trip and we got another one. The Disneyland backpack (again, pwp) will get a lot of use. She is also very attached to the many stuffed animals we have brought back. Yep-I have self control issues...

Oh, we also use the cups the the dome lids and hanging handles quite a bit. We've taken them back on our many trips last year, will be taking them back again this year, and have used them on other trips as well. I really like them because I can hang it off my scooter basket and don't have to worry about spilling.

My now 5 year old son, loved his Mickey ears from his 2nd trip, when he was 2. I think he wore them everyday for about a year until one of the ears fell off. He also likes to carry his toys around in the popcorn buckets.

My 16 year old loves her stuffed Stitch. She sleeps with the huge one and uses the pillow pet as her pillow.

the 12 year old loves anything Alladin. She has a display in her room.

The other two it's just whatever. Not really attached to any one souvenir.

Now my favorites that I have to get every trip is a new coffee cup, Mickey ears, tshirt, and pins. I even had to get these at the Disney store in New York on my first trip there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter