What was your favorite book series growing up in the 80's-90's?

Your Favorite Book Series growing up as a child

• The Baby-Sitter's Club

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Babysitters Little Sister Series

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Goosebumps

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Animorphs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Saddle Club

• Thoroughbred

• The Chronicles Of Narnia Series

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Sweet Valley Kids

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • The Bailey School Kids

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Dear America

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Did you have a favorite book series that you loved to read growing up as a tween in the 80's-90's? My favorite books were The Babysitter's Club series and I had almost every book and some of my favorite books in the series were the Super Specials and I also liked the Babysitter's Little Sister series too. Then I started reading Goosebumps books and liked them then I got into The Saddle Club and Thoroughbred book series because I love horses and for a short time I liked Animorphs books when my dad bought some for me at a thrift shop and I thought they were neat and then I liked the Narnia books as well

Encyclopedia Brown books and all the books that Beverly Cleary wrote.
I had some of the Beverly Cleary Ramona books as a child and my school used to read them for reading assignments and I even had the book Dear Mr. Henshaw that was one of her best books ever written. Did you ever read that book too? I never read or had Encyclopedia Brown books but I liked Nancy Drew books and thought Nancy Drew books were exciting

The Babysitter’s Club, Sweet Vally High, Sweet Valley Twins, and The Saddle Club.

I had some of the Beverly Cleary Ramona books as a child and my school used to read them for reading assignments and I even had the book Dear Mr. Henshaw that was one of her best books ever written. Did you ever read that book too? I never read or had Encyclopedia Brown books but I liked Nancy Drew books and thought Nancy Drew books were exciting
I think I had read every Bev Cleary book she wrote as I loved them all.

As a young adult I got into Sue Grafton mystery books - each one of her books started with a letter of the alphabet and were good books.

So many good book series from this time period! I was a voracious reader and loved many on the list of choices!

I don't know if "Choose Your Own Adventure" counts, but I loved those, along with Beverly Cleary stuff.

What a great thread, thanks Dodger Girl. I also enjoyef the Babysitters Club. I still have some of the books. PM me anyone who.might want to read/talk about one of the BSC or LS books together. That would be fun. I also have and enjoy some Boxcar Children books. Happy reading to all! :)

I loved Madeleine L'engle. The Meet the Austin's series was my favorite and I still read it every once in a while as an adult. Also the Wrinkle in Time series. I also loved Anne of Green Gables.

In the 80s I adored Sweet Valley High. Also read a lot of Sweet Valley Twins and Babysitter's Club. Then when I was around middle school age I switched to R.L. Stine books (NOT Goosebumps. The other "Fear Street" type stuff which oddly gets overlooked these days), and Christopher Pike.

In the 80s I adored Sweet Valley High. Also read a lot of Sweet Valley Twins and Babysitter's Club. Then when I was around middle school age I switched to R.L. Stine books (NOT Goosebumps. The other "Fear Street" type stuff which oddly gets overlooked these days), and Christopher Pike.
I could have written this. Christopher Pike books were the best (when I wasn't stealing my mom's Steven King novels).

by that time i was either reading kid's books to my students or my own kids so.............

the series i ended up with an entire set of which i still have to this day are the 'junie b jones'. they remind me of the beverly cleary 'ramona' spirit that was written in the OLD books ('55 and '68). i also liked the judy blume 'fudge' books (and the books from back in the early '70's that they were sequels to).

I read all the Christopher Pike ones that were out then!
I could have written this. Christopher Pike books were the best (when I wasn't stealing my mom's Steven King novels).
Totally-my dad was a Steven King fan so had all his books, even some from when he was under a pen name. I read a ton of those in high school!

Favourite book series for me (perhaps too obscure for the poll):
The Famous Five by Enid Blyton
The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper
Nightworld by LJ Smith
Ronald Dahl books in general

Animorphs, Goosebumps and Narnia would be the ones on the list that I would vote for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter