What was your favorite Disney wedding or honeymoon memory?

minniebride

DIS Veteran
I thought this might be a fun thread and maybe helpful for future brides and Disneymooners!

1. What was your favorite Disney wedding or Disneymoon memory?
Mine was our morning photo shoot with Randy Chapman a few hours before we got married. Our "first look" was magical and I'm so glad we decided to do that. I'm typically very shy, but walking through the lobby and around the Swan grounds in my wedding dress, while Randy was snapping photos, no matter where we turned, strangers were smiling, congratulating us, taking photos, telling me I looked beautiful. It was so surreal and I truly felt like a princess-the way every bride should on their wedding day princess:

2. What was the one thing you think back and say "Thank goodness I booked/bought/added" to your wedding or Disneymoon?
Mine was definitely our Illuminations Dessert Party-it was a truly amazing experience and a wonderful & relaxing way to spend our night before our wedding. I will always remember how truly blissful and excited my DH and I were that night, surrounded by our friends and family :cloud9:

3. If you could have changed any aspect of your wedding or Disneymoon, what would it be?
We did a split-stay for our Disneymoon-half CL Poly and half in the honeymoon room CL WL. Both resorts were gorgeous (especially during Christmas!!), but for us-our garden view CL room at the Poly was FAR SUPERIOR to the more expensive honeymoon room at the WL, which was kinda blah in theming and design. Everything from the room set up and theme to the CL lounge to the amazing CM interactions to the resort location/amenities were much more favorable and magical at the Poly. Not to say we did not enjoy our time at the WL-it was a wonderful resort, very relaxing and magical during Christmas & we have wonderful memories, but if given the chance, we would have stayed at the Poly for our entire honeymoon instead of switching.

4. What was your favorite souvineer/memento from your wedding or Disneymoon?
I have two. One was the CD that our wonderful harpist, Christine Macphail, created for us with all of the songs she played during our wedding ceremony-I listen to it all the time :love:
The other is our soon-to-be daughter who was created at the end of our trip :laughing: :lovestruc

I thought this might be a fun thread and maybe helpful for future brides and Disneymooners!

FUN!

The night of our wedding we had reservations at the Cali Grill. Going out on the deck to watch Wishes with champagne and the perfect weather was magical!

2. What was the one thing you think back and say "Thank goodness I booked/bought/added" to your wedding or Disneymoon?

2 things
1. we had scheduled our ressie at CG for 745 thinking Wishes was at 9, found out it was 10 the week we were there. We were able to move our reservation time to make it work.
2 Adding the violinist to the ceremony. Seemed superflous for just the 2 of us, but it added the perfect ambiance and made it feel more formal. She was awesome!

3. If you could have changed any aspect of your wedding or Disneymoon, what would it be?

Would have loved to have family there for the ceremony but it was too hard to make it work and we got so much negativity when we suggested it. Both families immediately said no way to the idea and planning a traditional wedding, that they both wanted, was not in our budget AT ALL. Eloping was perfect for us, but it would have been nice to have family.

The video. Very glad we sprung for it. STVS did a nice job and it is a great memory! The wedding flew by so fast, it was nice to watch.

My Disneymoon was almost 30 years ago, but I want to play. Hope that's okay. Our honeymoon was my 1st time in Disney, so I have that awe factor to the entire experience, but riding through the doors on Peter Pan and being lifted into the air. I was hooked.
Thank goodness I listened to DH & agreed to go to an "amusement park" for my honeymoon. I thought I wanted something more romantic.

I wish we had stayed at one either the Contemporary or Poly (only two onsite at the time).
Like I say it was almost 30 years ago, so I don't remember too many souveniers but I certainly love our "complimentary" photo with Mickey.Oh, and DH still has his baseball shirt with our photo on it & the words say something like Honeymoon at Walt Disney World. That was pretty cool.(we both had them, but I actually get rid of clothes when they don't fit anymore. :0

Thanks for the memories.:)

I have so many wonderful memories, I will give two. The first one doesn’t involve my wonderful husband so that is why I will do two.  The night before our wedding I stayed in my parents room, so that is where this memory stems from. When my sister and I were little we took many family vacations, I remember getting up in the morning to dad entering the room after his EARLY morning run. He would go out for a run, check out the area then come back and wake mom and us girls. At that point we would get ready have to go have breakfast and start our day. Well on the morning of our wedding I woke to the door closing and my dad coming in. We then got ready got my sister (her husband and daughter were still sleeping) then the 4 of us went to have breakfast. It was such a nice memory reminding us of being little kids.

Ok my memory of my husband, while walking towards him at sea breeze point I saw him start to tear up, then most of the ceremony he was smiling from ear to ear and had tears in his eyes. I still see that picture today often.

Mickey and Minnie, they were a surprise for our guests and we ALL had fun with them!

I would have encouraged all our guests to stay at the same resort, resort “hopping” was harder to do than I originally thought. Also believe it or not we actually ended up spending more time with our guests throughout the trip than I thought we would when we booked our resorts.

I would have to say our pictures, both personal and professional. I look at them stil to this day and it was over two years ago!

I have so many wonderful memories, I will give two. The first one doesn’t involve my wonderful husband so that is why I will do two.  The night before our wedding I stayed in my parents room, so that is where this memory stems from. When my sister and I were little we took many family vacations, I remember getting up in the morning to dad entering the room after his EARLY morning run. He would go out for a run, check out the area then come back and wake mom and us girls. At that point we would get ready have to go have breakfast and start our day. Well on the morning of our wedding I woke to the door closing and my dad coming in. We then got ready got my sister (her husband and daughter were still sleeping) then the 4 of us went to have breakfast. It was such a nice memory reminding us of being little kids.

Ok my memory of my husband, while walking towards him at sea breeze point I saw him start to tear up, then most of the ceremony he was smiling from ear to ear and had tears in his eyes. I still see that picture today often.

Mickey and Minnie, they were a surprise for our guests and we ALL had fun with them!

I would have encouraged all our guests to stay at the same resort, resort “hopping” was harder to do than I originally thought. Also believe it or not we actually ended up spending more time with our guests throughout the trip than I thought we would when we booked our resorts.

I would have to say our pictures, both personal and professional. I look at them stil to this day and it was over two years ago!

Thank you for sharing your memories :)

Mickey & Minnie were total surprises for all our guests as well!

I totally agree with you about the resort hopping!! We did a split stay of Poly & WL for our honeymoon &, whole both resorts were wonderful, we definitely felt a bit downgraded after going from the Poly to the WL, CL cast member interaction, room size, ease of transportation, etc.. we found ourselves longing to be back at the Poly. & the kicker was we paid alot more to stay at the WL than at the Poly. Don't get me wrong-we had a magical time at the WL, but our experience at the Poly was just that much better, we couldn't help but compare the two. If we could turn back time, we definitely would have stuck with one hotel throughout our honeymoon.

Mine was our morning photo shoot with Randy Chapman a few hours before we got married. Our "first look" was magical and I'm so glad we decided to do that. I'm typically very shy, but walking through the lobby and around the Swan grounds in my wedding dress, while Randy was snapping photos, no matter where we turned, strangers were smiling, congratulating us, taking photos, telling me I looked beautiful. It was so surreal and I truly felt like a princess-the way every bride should on their wedding day princess:

Mine was definitely our Illuminations Dessert Party-it was a truly amazing experience and a wonderful & relaxing way to spend our night before our wedding. I will always remember how truly blissful and excited my DH and I were that night, surrounded by our friends and family :cloud9:

We did a split-stay for our Disneymoon-half CL Poly and half in the honeymoon room CL WL. Both resorts were gorgeous (especially during Christmas!!), but for us-our garden view CL room at the Poly was FAR SUPERIOR to the more expensive honeymoon room at the WL, which was kinda blah in theming and design. Everything from the room set up and theme to the CL lounge to the amazing CM interactions to the resort location/amenities were much more favorable and magical at the Poly. Not to say we did not enjoy our time at the WL-it was a wonderful resort, very relaxing and magical during Christmas & we have wonderful memories, but if given the chance, we would have stayed at the Poly for our entire honeymoon instead of switching.

I have two. One was the CD that our wonderful harpist, Christine Macphail, created for us with all of the songs she played during our wedding ceremony-I listen to it all the time :love:
The other is our soon-to-be daughter who was created at the end of our trip :laughing: :lovestruc

I love this thread!
My favorite memory was meeting my groom in the lobby of the GF at 6:00 am for our first look. Then we got to drive down mainstreet in the dark and take our MK photoshoot. Then we arrived early at Epcot and took pictures all over the Italy venue before our guests arrived for the ceremony. It was like we had this whole secret wedding adventure together before any of our guests were even awake. It is a wonderful memory and I wish we could do that again!

What was the one thing you think back and say "Thank goodness I booked/bought/added" to your wedding or Disneymoon?
Hair and Makeup. I can't believe I ever considered doing my own. I actually wish that I had paid for her to come back to do a touch up for my reception and a touch up again for the dessert party. I love the pictures where I looked freshly made up. It would have been so worth it to pay for the extra!

3. If you could have changed any aspect of your wedding or Disneymoon, what would it be? I would have changed my dessert party to the night before the wedding. Our ceremony was in the morning, with an early afternoon reception. People then had a break until the dessert party that night. My groom and I had been awake since 3:15 am and by the time we got to the dessert party we were like zombies. I remember being so exhausted. I chose to have it on the day of the wedding because I wanted to wear my wedding attire. I should have had it as the rehearsal dinner and chosen a cute outfit for it.

4. What was your favorite souvineer/memento from your wedding or Disneymoon? I love all of our pictures. We had Rick with Disney photography and we got so lucky with him. There are so many great shots that I can't choose which to frame without looking like a crazy wedding obsessed person.

I love this thread!
My favorite memory was meeting my groom in the lobby of the GF at 6:00 am for our first look. Then we got to drive down mainstreet in the dark and take our MK photoshoot. Then we arrived early at Epcot and took pictures all over the Italy venue before our guests arrived for the ceremony. It was like we had this whole secret wedding adventure together before any of our guests were even awake. It is a wonderful memory and I wish we could do that again!

What was the one thing you think back and say "Thank goodness I booked/bought/added" to your wedding or Disneymoon?
Hair and Makeup. I can't believe I ever considered doing my own. I actually wish that I had paid for her to come back to do a touch up for my reception and a touch up again for the dessert party. I love the pictures where I looked freshly made up. It would have been so worth it to pay for the extra!

3. If you could have changed any aspect of your wedding or Disneymoon, what would it be? I would have changed my dessert party to the night before the wedding. Our ceremony was in the morning, with an early afternoon reception. People then had a break until the dessert party that night. My groom and I had been awake since 3:15 am and by the time we got to the dessert party we were like zombies. I remember being so exhausted. I chose to have it on the day of the wedding because I wanted to wear my wedding attire. I should have had it as the rehearsal dinner and chosen a cute outfit for it.

4. What was your favorite souvineer/memento from your wedding or Disneymoon? I love all of our pictures. We had Rick with Disney photography and we got so lucky with him. There are so many great shots that I can't choose which to frame without looking like a crazy wedding obsessed person.

Love these!! Thanks for sharing!:goodvibes

Being there for an entire week. Usually we take 2-3 trips per year but we only go for 3-4 days at a time due to work. It was nice being there for the entire week and not having to feel rushed during the trip. We also loved the food and wine festival and MNSSHP. We enjoyed being at the Beach Club and getting to walk to Epcot and HS.

Our photo session with Randy Chapman. He was awesome and we got some great photos!

I wish we could have been on the deluxe dining plan for our HM and gotten to eat at more of the signature restaurants.

Our photopass CD and our just married ornament :)

1. My favorite memory is walking down the aisle with my dad. Partway down my mom said "ears up" and all our guests put on their personalized ears!

2. I am so glad we added the MK/AK Photos package 2 days after the wedding... They are some of my favorite pictures.

3. I wish I wasn't as concerned with making everyone happy. I was upset for quite a while when my in-laws only spent 3 days in WDW but we had a blast for the 3 weeks we were there and the week we spent with my parents was great!

4. My Mickey Eco-drive watch I wear it everyday and remember out trip

My favorite Disney wedding moment happened during my daughter's wedding in November of last year at the GF ballroom. Her flower girl who is 6 years old had gone to the parks the day before but didn't get the chance to see Mickey and Minnie. She was so sad. Little did she know that Mickey and Minnie were coming to the wedding. Well the day of the wedding arrived and we all had a VERY early wake up call of 3 am for hair and makeup in the tree house villas. Abby arrived in her bathrobe and was so tired. The wedding pictures were at 8 am and the wedding started at 11am. The reception was from noon-3pm. By 2 pm Abby was falling asleep on some chairs that had been pushed together in the ballroom. Our wedding planner walked up to me and whispered to me that Mickey and Minnie were about ready to arrive. I ran over to Abby's mom and told her she may want to wake up Abby before they came. She tried so hard to do so, but Abby wasn't having any part of it UNTIL the DJ announced that we had some special guests who had arrived and said "MICKEY and MINNIE"!!!!

You have never seen a 6 year old jump up so fast and run over to them :) She danced for over a 1/2 hour non stop and got photo's taken with them. She even kept track of how many times she hugged them and got her picture taken with them. Thinking back at how much money we paid to have the mice come to the wedding, I look back at it say it was totally worth it!:thumbsup2

Either: 1) walking into Mizner's Lounge during the cocktail hour, after Eric and I finished our photograph time with Jason, to a big applause from the entire lounge (wedding guests and GF guests alike!), or 2) just spending time with Eric while we were taking photos around the GF after the ceremony - it was such a special and romantic memory! I'm glad we got some alone time after we said "i do"!

Our outside photographer Jason Angelini...best decision ever.

I look back on our day, over 2 years later, and now wish we would have splurged on a dessert party as a Welcome Dinner type event!

honestly my wedding ring...I love looking at it. ;) The next would have to be our photographs!! I still look at them often, and they bring me right back to the day! :flower3:

The whole day was amazing. But one really cool moment was when we were riding in the pumpkin coach from the wedding pavilion to the GF for the reception. When we passed the hotel I heard a little girl ask her mom "Mommy which princess is that?". That was when I realized that my fariy tale day had come true.

The chocolate glass slipper dessert. Even though it wasn't necessary with having cake too everyone thought that is was so awesome and made it a disney wedding.

We were married on a friday night and partied til past midnight. We left first thing sat morning for a disney cruise. At 7am we got a call asking for our luggage and it was a mad dash. I wish I had just booked a private mode of transportation and could leave at our leisure. Also since we were so tired we did not make it to the Meet your match game the frist night on board which I think would have been awesome being only married 27 hours or something like that.

At the grand floridian we bought a print an artist made of the wedding pavilion. It hangs above our bed and we get to see it everyday and think of our wonderful wedding day.

We did a MK photo shoot 2 days after the wedding and although we weren't crazy about the pictures, the experience was incredible! My DH and I were so thrilled to have the park to ourselves. We watched the performers rehearse the afternoon parade from the castle stage as we took our pictures. They all performed right to us, since we were the only guests in the park!
Mickey! He was worth every penny and all 6 months of keeping his appearance a secret! Our flower girls were our 3-year-old nieces who watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and do the "Hotdog Dance" with Mickey daily. We requested that Mickey do the Hotdog Dance with our nieces. Everyone was shocked and the girls will never forget it!

I wish I would have been more direct with our MK photo shoot photographer. I should have asked to see some of the photos to confirm that I was happy with them before moving on. We ended up with terrible angles and much poorer quality than I had expected.

Our Disney's Fairytale Weddings watches! They are so special to me!

I'm loving this post... and it's even making me tear up thinking about my own wedding (just 2 weeks ago), along with my upcoming Disneymoon (in a little over two weeks).:love:

Wedding: Peeking at DH through the crack in the doors at the WP as I was waiting to walk down the aisle

Disneymoon: We dressed up one night and had dinner at Jiko. Then we went over and walked around the Boardwalk; we had never been before. We enjoyed cupcakes from the bakery on a bench and just walked around together. It was simple, but a very romantic, sweet night.

Cinderella's coach!!!!!! It was amazing! As we pulled around in front of the GF, a little girl was jumping up and down, waving, and yelling, "Hi, Cinderella!" At that point, my mom (my mom and dad paid for the coach as a surprise present; they told me at my shower) started to cry and said that it was worth every penny for just that one moment.

Hiring Randy Chapman as our main photographer. He is amazing!

I wish we could have had photography at our dessert party. At that time, if you hired an outside photographer for our ceremony, a Disney photographer was the secondary photographer; you couldn't swap out the photography. We had a HORRIBLE experience with the Disney photographer, and I would have much rather have had some professional pics (even if they were of sketchy quality) of our DP.

So many. . .
Photopass CD, our pictures, "Dreams really do come true" Chamilia bead that DH bought me at DTD.

Having a DFTW was absolutely the best decision we made. It was perfect for us! DH keeps asking me when we can do it all again! :) It really was an absolutely magical day :wizard:

1. The whole day was amazing and apart from the obvious 'I do's etc there are 2 moments I remember and love

One being the round of applause we got from the people in Epcot as we walked to our dessert party! Felt like a celeb, never felt anything like it

The second was when we were walking to our room at the beach club and turned a corner to see a little girl and her mum. The little girl saw me in my dress and stopped in her tracks and just said 'Wow'! So cute!

2. Donald duck! He was a last minute addition and so glad we did, it made it really special and our pictures are even more special (especially as he is a hard duck to find in the parks)

3. Wish I had served up our cake, lots went to waste. We had so much food and with our dessert party we thought our guests would pop! We served it the next day but not everyone got some.

Also wished we delegated some stuff out while we were having our pictures taken as we came back to find them a bit lost as to where to sit etc

4. Our pictures were fantastic as is our album despite being only on a basic package. We also love our vinylmation that we got signed by the characters whilst on our cruise

We are coming up to our 1st wedding anniversary in a couple of days and we both truly miss our day. A Disney wedding is so special so all you future brides, remember to savour it and don't get caught up with those little things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter