• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What was your first resort?

CBR back in 2009. We enjoyed our stay there, but haven't been back. At one time, we were going to try and stay somewhere different every visit. That didn't last long. Haha!

The Disney Villas! And I wish I could stay there again but they were torn down years ago. (They became the Disney Institute, then what is now the Saratoga Springs area..the Treehouse villas are the only remnants of them left) People used to be able to rent a golf cart, drive from your villa through golf courses and past wandering peacocks to the "village" which is now Disney Springs. It was SO quiet and calm there then. Dixie Landings (building 15!) now Riverside was always great too.

Coronado is BEAUTIFUL since the redo. Love the new lobby, and the new restaurant is gorgeous too.

We stayed at the Poly for our honeymoon in 1994, loved it, but have not been back. We always thought we would return for a milestone anniversary or something, but the fact of the matter is that the value just isn't there for us. The other thing is that we went to Hawaii for 2 weeks for our 25th anniversary, and truly loved it...I don't know that the Poly would be enough for either DH or I now that we've been to the real deal.

1972 Polynesian, Contemporary 1974 & 75. Many others over the years for a total of 128 onsite, 48 of those were at Dixie Landings/Riverside. We lived in Indiana and came two - four times most years Haven't stayed onsite since we moved two miles south of Animal Kingdom 2011. Annual passholders since they first started issuing them.

For me it was Fort Wilderness cabin in 1988. Have been back every trip since. Did in 2013 spend a week at Animal Kingdom lodge and while it was nice today we go there just for Dinner at BOMA. Also today we have an RV so we bring our DVC with us

Our first resort was Fort Wilderness Campground. We have stayed there several times in our own trailer. I love it so much. It was the most afforable way for our family of 7 to do Disney. Great location and such a relaxing resort. We are campers so it was just a normal extension of our typical vacations.

We haven't been back to the Fort in about three years. The kids are older which means we are older and the 2,200 mile round trip vacation towing a trailer is just too exhausting. Now we fly and stay at different resorts. We now also only go alone or with one of the kids. I'd love to go back to staying at the Fort. I prefer it over staying in hotels because I have my own stuff but I just can't make that drive anymore.

Fort Wilderness cabins! We loved FW so much that we went back a second time. Whenever we stay on property now we try to stay somewhere new so we can check out the different resorts. We have yet to find one we don’t like.

Our first trip was January 2017 and we stayed at Pop Century.

We have been back 3 more times and stayed at POR (12/2017), All Star Music (11/2018), and Pop Century again (11/2019).

We stayed in a townhome in the Disney Village in 1983. The first hotel I stayed at was the Contemporary a couple years later.

I’ve stayed at almost every resort since then and now own DVC at a few of our favorites.

Our first trip with kids (and DH's first trip too!) was in 2011 and we stayed at All Star Music. Our sons were 6 & 9, and we took them over the school semester break at the end of January for a long weekend. We only did MK and Epcot, as we didn't know how much the boys would be able to handle. We had a marvelous time, and we've been back pretty much every year since.

ASMU was a great first resort choice. We stayed in the Country Fair area of the resort, and the guys loved the oversized music characters and the piano pool. Unfortunately, it was so cold in late January 2011, that we weren't able to swim, but the guys loved walking by the pool on the way to and from our room. They also loved the food court and believe it or not, riding the bus to the parks was part of the fun of that trip. The boys even enjoyed the tram at MCO airport! Everything was a wonder over that long weekend, and as we flew home, we knew we needed to go back to explore HS and AK. We've never returned to ASMU; instead, we've tried a new resort with every trip, but I'll always have a special spot in my heart for this value resort, as it was the place where we first fell in love with WDW as a family!

Super fun thread, OP! I've really enjoyed reading everyone's first resort stays at WDW!

Mine was the Contemporary the year Mickey celebrated his 50th and I was just little.
According to my mom we were in one of the wings and it was the farthest room from the lobby.

As for my first "adult' trip aka over 18 was at the Poly in 1993

I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?

The first time we stayed in the bubble was at Coronado. We haven't stayed there since, but we're going back in May and I'm so excited!
I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?

The first time we stayed in the bubble was at Coronado. We haven't stayed there since, but we're going back in May and I'm so excited!
1973..Contempory
Then the Poly a bunch of times.
And the cabins at Ft.Wilderness.
1991 Joined DVC ..Old Key West only choice.
OKW is my fav.
Larger rooms..parking right outside building.

My first stay was a split stay at Coronado Springs and Animal Kingdom in 2010. We loved both of them - and actually got upgraded to a “suite” at CSR (basically they gave us 2 connecting rooms).

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

July 2003/Surf's Up!/Building 6/Pool View

Fairytale Package(7 nights and 7 day Hoppers for the price of 4 plus a framed Mickey's Philharmagic picture with special Pin(Philharmagic soft-opened that Summer).

Hated Sports-only been back there 40 something times.:)

My first was as a 4 year old at the Contemporary. Remember one thing. I saw Mickey when I was on the elevator and sprinted off right as doors closed. My mom and grandmother freaked out. Was walking around the 4th floor alone for a few minutes I guess.
As an adult it was Beach Club. Loved it.

Our first resort was Fort Wilderness Campground. We have stayed there several times in our own trailer. I love it so much. It was the most afforable way for our family of 7 to do Disney. Great location and such a relaxing resort. We are campers so it was just a normal extension of our typical vacations.

We haven't been back to the Fort in about three years. The kids are older which means we are older and the 2,200 mile round trip vacation towing a trailer is just too exhausting. Now we fly and stay at different resorts. We now also only go alone or with one of the kids. I'd love to go back to staying at the Fort. I prefer it over staying in hotels because I have my own stuff but I just can't make that drive anymore.

My wife took one look at the cabin on her first trip in 2011 and said " This is perfect! I could almost live here!" and that was on seeing the outside. As she won't

My wife took one look at the cabin on her first trip in 2011 and said " This is perfect! I could almost live here!" and that was on seeing the outside. As she won't

I have asked my husband repeatedly if we could just stay in cabin but he says he doesn't want to be there without his own trailer, so we do hotels. :(

Dixie Landings ... now Port Orleans Riverside ... 1992

Yes, we have returned. Stayed in Mansions, Alligator Bayou and Royal Guest Rooms.

2nd Favorite Moderate. Stayed approx 7-8 times.

I don't think the moderates are worth the price anymore so doubt we'll go back.

I have asked my husband repeatedly if we could just stay in cabin but he says he doesn't want to be there without his own trailer, so we do hotels. :(
We bought our Coach to go more and stay longer, Our trip is just 21 miles short of 1000 each way. Being retired we do it over 3 days Good for me as I am sole driver. Takes a lot of stress out of the trip. We have our favorite places to stop overnight and and to eat all within easy drive distances ( We try to make sure we do 300 to 350 miles a day and stop for night before 4:30 pm ) Our coach lets bring the Girls or as we call them The Savage Sisters our 2 4 yr old dogs Good for the wife I used to sit up in bed in the middle of the night calling for our older one WookieBear and not going back to sleep till she came.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter