• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What was your first resort?

First resort was Carribean Beach in 1995 for my high school graduation! Before that we always stayed at my grandparents in Mount Dora, FL - not too far from Disney.

For three or four trips, going back to the late 90's, I stayed on hotel row across from (then) Downtown Disney. The first time I stayed on-property was Caribbean Beach, and I absolutely loved it. After that there was no way I could not stay on property and haven't, yet.

Our first trip was in 1992 and we stayed off-site but our first Disney resort stay was Caribbean Beach in 1994. We still have our refillable mugs from that trip. We were in the Jamaica building. I remember it like it was yesterday. CBR is not my favorite, I actually haven't been back there since. We are POFQ lovers.

We went in 1975 when I was a kid and stayed at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park campground. Rode SM in its first year of operation.

First trip as an adult was early in my marriage (1994?) when my in-laws took all their kids, kid's spouses, and grandchildren. We stayed at All-Star Sports. I remember it bein just OK.
2006 DW and I took a trip w/o kids and stayed at Pop. That's the one that gave her the Dis-bug. Since we've stayed ASMu, ASMo, CR, POFQ, AoA. FQ is the unanimous favorite for my family.

Our first on site stay was at WL. It was amazing, but we've never stayed again. Our next stay was at POFQ and that quickly became a favorite. I told myself years ago I wanted to stay at every WDW resort at least once. We made it through the mods and Pop and I decided POFQ was my home. We've since splurged a couple times and stayed at AKL and GF, and I'll still pick FQ any day.

I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?

The first time we stayed in the bubble was at Coronado. We haven't stayed there since, but we're going back in May and I'm so excited!
Dixie Landings, now POR. 😉 Haven’t been back in 30 years, but not for any reason other than we liked other resorts more. This was in 1994. We split stay with the Contemporary on that visit as well.

AKL CL when the kids were 8 and 5(now 17 and 14). It was such an amazing experience. I still remember pulling up and being greeted at the door and taken up to the K Club. The kids both got treat bags with plastic Binoculars, a safari hat, Straw and Cup shaped like a monkey(which we still have). We did the sunrise safari that trip and it was such a great deal for what you got and probably one of our top 5 Disney experiences. Thus began an almost decade long stretch of vacations in which we stayed at every non-DVC deluxe and every moderate + POP Century. I may grumble about the prices and some of the policies(I'm looking at you parking fees) but the resorts, the parks and the cast members always delivered wonderful and memorable vacations. Kinda broke my heart when both kids suggested that we not renew our APs because they were kinda "tired of going to Disney". Here's hoping they have kids of their own and learn that your are never too old for a trip to Disney World.

we were gifted a week's stay at AKL (my wife and I) in a 1 BR villa w/ savannah view.... every morning my wife would get out of bed and run over to the balcony and exclaim w/ glee whatever animal she saw first... we now own AKL

My first was the only at the time, Contemporary
stayed there multi times and most recently like around 2010

Golf Resort way back in the mid 70s when it opened. My parents were golfers so that was our go to spot for several years. They would let me bring a friend on trips so that they could play golf while my friend and I played at the park. Had to take a shuttle to the Polynesian to get to the monorail to get to the park. Magic Kingdom was the only thing there. Somewhere in a box I probably have several unused Discovery Island passes. Daddy always kept them because the backs clearly printed how much of the ticket price was actually Florida taxes, and he got a kick out of Disney making sure folks knew. We would sometimes go to the Contemporary so I could play in the HUGE arcade in the basement.

First "adult" resort was the Caribbean. Hubby and I stayed there while it was still semi under construction.

For us our first resort was the French Quarter. We’ve been back for one other stay and even though we’ve enjoyed other resorts from AKL to Beach Club to the value rooms at AOA the FQ will always be my favorite.

First was beach club. Have since stayed deluxe mostly except for a few nights here and there at pop/aoa, but looking forward to trying a moderate soon for a week long trip. We have not been back to beach club, but hope to again some day.

We stayed at CBR in 1991. We took a four day cruise on the Big Red Boat, followed by three days at Caribbean Beach Resort. That first trip to Disney with our (then) four year old son was one of the best vacations of my life. Since that first time, we have been to WDW countless times, but we’ve never stayed at CBR again. I am not sure why.

I grew up 90 minutes away in Ocala. And my aunt also lived in Orlando. So as a child my Magic Kingdom and Epcot trips were always day trips. My first stay at an on-site resort was in 1997 while I was in college at CBR.

First trip was last year (wow I got hooked fast, AP already!). Yacht Club. It was an absolute perfect choice for us. Gorgeous, moderately peaceful, addicted to Ale & Compass breakfast (Dark Chocolate Mickey Waffles with a cherry compote & an espresso marscarpone cream with a small buffet too!). Upcoming stays include Beach Club & Pop Century.

Our first stay was at BWI September 2018. Been back there twice since. Having a hard time branching out! Our August 2020 trip is BWV - baby steps!!!

My first stay was at Caribbean Beach Resort circa 1998 with my parents. I have not been back there since but I do remember loving their food court as a kid! I'm not sure if that's still around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter