What was your first resort?

My first resort stay was at Pop Century back in 2006. Clearly I liked it enough to return since I've stayed there on 3 other trips (2011 for 1 night, 2017, and 2019). I've also stayed at BLT and Yacht Club.

Our first stay was Grand Floridian, second was CSR. Since ten we’ve tried several but our favorite, hands down is the Poly. We stayed the last time in January. I was looking through pics, wondering if/when we’d be back. It’s the first time we haven’t had a trip planned in forever.

we stayed at a value resort for the first time. All Star Sports. had a great time. I have 5 daughters so i always get 2 rooms and found this the best option at that time.

My first WDW resort experience was at the Wilderness Lodge. We were so impressed, we became DVC members and that was almost 20 years ago

When I was growing up, my family always stayed at the Dolphin, and we have fond memories of it. I didn’t stay in an actual Disney resort on property until 2018, when me and gf stayed at the Poly. We were spoiled. :)

Yacht Club for a conference. We had been going and staying offsite for about 8 years before that, it was an amazing revelation (it was back in the early 90's.) The Boardwalk had not been built yet and we had a tram to go from the Yacht Club to Epcot. It was the height of Disney Service!!! After that, we stayed at Port Orleans (French Quarter) which was more in our price range, $89 a night.

My first Disney resort was as a youngin' of 16 years old. My family and I stayed at the Contemporary. I remember back then, and I won't say how far back, the trees were way smaller and the Contemporary was indeed just that...contemporary. I thought I was the luckiest girl in the world. As an adult my first resort was Caribbean Beach Resort.

First resort was the Poly in 1972. My Mom and I saved up to make the trip with DB from Gulf Breeze Fl, I was19 at the time. Both DM and DB both have passed but thankfully I have wonderful memories of that trip.

Last edited:
I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?

The first time we stayed in the bubble was at Coronado. We haven't stayed there since, but we're going back in May and I'm so excited!

Dixie Landings! Otherwise known as Port Orleans, Riverside. :)

Stayed at Contemporary the year after it opened and stayed at Poly the following year. We laugh about it all the time because no way should we have spent money on that category of hotel back then but we are so glad we did. Been coming all the time ever since.
Ended up buying Poly DVC Direct when it opened. Always loved it.

I grew up in GB but not there now .Got engaged in Navarre. Place is no longer there. So much has changed.
It really has (like most places, Disney included). We’ve been here off and on since ‘98 and it’s definitely different. Love it nonetheless.

Contemporary was my first. I've also stayed at All Star Movies. Next on my "bucket list" is Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian and Beach Club. I've heard great things about the Coronado tower as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter