What was your first resort?

Caribbean beach resort, will always hold a special place in our hearts. Trying to decide where the next resort stay will be in April 2023!

I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?

The first time we stayed in the bubble was at Coronado. We haven't stayed there since, but we're going back in May and I'm so excited!
Our first was AK Kidahni Village. We absolutely love it there.

Our first stay at a WDW resort was Wilderness Lodge the year that it opened. We were amazed when we walked into that lobby!

When I was little we always stayed at the Poly, so I have very fond memories of it. When we stayed there with our own kids I wasn't blown away, though I did like being able to walk to the Epcot monorail!

I camped at Fort Wilderness with my family as a child. As an adult my first resort was All Star Movies. It’s been a long time, but I’d stay there again. I feel nostalgic about the theming.

Stayed at the Poly in 1992. Coming from the west coast thought we should splurge since it might be our only time.

We did AS Mo on our honeymoon in '99 and then proceeded to stay in every section after that. We did do AS Mu, CS, Pop, and PO FQ in subsequent years, with Pop being the most recent due to our Skyliner love.

My first was Caribbean Beach as a little kid. Lots of wonderful memories there, and I get quite nostalgic for it (walked around the resort on my last trip, have a Sebastians reservation for my next). I can't imagine I'll ever stay there again, though, since I own DVC.

Poly, 1978. Lived in MA at the time and shortly after the Blizzard of ‘78, I talked my my Mom and MIL into escaping the snow and joining me and my 2 yo daughter for a WDW trip. We drove and had NO HOTEL RESERVATIONS ANYWHERE. We took 3 days to get there. My DD loved stopping at South of the Border. 😁 Anyone who has driven I95 through North and South Carolina knows where I’m talking about.

Our first day in Kissimmee, we stayed at a Days Inn. Didn’t like it and decided we’d pick another hotel on the way to MK. Got to MK and the Main Street Town Hall had a sign out front that said “Rooms Available Tonight”. Well that sounded interesting, so we booked The Poly for two nights only because the cost was a little out of our price range…. $78/nt. 😂 😂

1. Our "First" was Fort Wilderness Campground (FW).
2. Have only missed newer DVCs
3. FW is our favorite resort at which to stay
. . . it was my favorite resort at which to work (concierge)
. . . had very few days when not eager to go to work
. . . have many Fort-Friends from years past

NOTE:
a. Our favorite resort hotel remains FW
. . . we don't own an RV or camper
. . . we have rented campsites and rental RV's
. . . we have rented cabins
. . . we do meet-and-greets with other FW guests
b. Campers and CM's at FW are just so friendly
c. We miss some of the "older" experiences
. . . the steam train was such a delight for us & the kids
. . . sound of trains "chugging" through the park
. . . sound of train whistle echoing in distance
. . . many rockers at Crockett's (rock-watch-drink)
. . . the amount of canoes for lake and stream use
. . . sound of boat horns when approaching the docks
. . . visiting River Country (RC) to swim and socialize
. . . characters stopped to chat at RC

Our first resort was Pop when the kids were little. I remember as an adult thinking that it was the most magical fun resort ever!

Polynesian CL 1991! Loved the staff and Chef Dick! Hence the screen name and wonderful stays for least 15 years!

My parents bought into DVC the first year it was offered and my first stay (and many many others) was at OKW.
There's a lot of people who don't like OKW. It's too big. It takes too long to get around. It's too far from any of the parks. (It's really not. Right across the parkway from EPCOT). We really haven't stayed anyplace we didn't enjoy, well, I stayed in one of the Contemporary wings once and didn't like it, but generally we liked all. Since I don't necessarily agree with the listed negatives above, or at least they aren't what we care about, I think the plusses are, the size of the rooms and full size kitchen. We aren't DVC owners so have only stayed as regular room guests, but we like breakfast and lunch in the room. Nice to be able to save on food. Washer/dryer in the room. Laundry right there so you can keep up on it! We always drove from home. Nice to be able to park right in front of your room. Always tried (and got) a building at the end of Old Turtle Pond Rd. Right there at the pool. So, to each their own but we loved OKW!

I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?

The first time we stayed in the bubble was at Coronado. We haven't stayed there since, but we're going back in May and I'm so excited!
March 1972
The Contemporary Resort for 2 days only. (Only park was MK!)
That and The Poly were the only 2 available!

Old Key West. I know some people think it's too spread out, far away etc, but as we've spent many Christmas mornings waking up there, it'll always hold a special place in my heart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter