What was your least favourite subject at school?

PE hands down. I went to a really small school where K-12 was all on the same campus. I started going there in 5th grade and had the same PE teacher every year (5-10). I couldn't stand that teacher.

Add me to the math and PE list. Ironic that I now work in Accounting, although I still hate math.

Social Studies/History - bored me to tears. I wish now that I had had more interest back then.

Add me to the list of those who hated gym/PE. Except for the one week a year we did trampoline. Everything else was focused on team sports and we had no choice in the activities.

It was the stereotypical scene: the teacher picked the two most popular, most athletic kids to be captains, and they got to choose their teams. I was an unpopular, uncoordinated nerd. And back then, girls had to wear these really ugly and uncomfortable gymsuits. Ugh, I’d rather be in math class.

For me, it was different sort of dread in that most of our gym teachers resorted to the "Find a Partner"-style laziness, and no one ever wanted to partner with me because I was so unathletic.

I also LITERALLY felt like I wanted to vomit in those hours leading up to gym class, because I was paranoid/worried about the prospect of somebody pushing me down in the showers or stealing my clothes while I was showering.

Also, during 4th through 6th Grades I was forced into an "adaptive physical education" program where a Special Education teacher would work one-on-one with me during gym class -- essentially embarrassing me in front of all the other kids by "cheering me on." It didn't help that she was a likely pedophile.

PE. I had exercise-induced asthma and a less than sympathetic PE instructor. The only times I liked PE were when we played dodge ball (I was good at dodging but couldn't throw at all), red rover, tag football (I was always the safety.) or gym hockey. The banes of my existence were running laps and the president's PE test.

Math! Or gym. I has the option to take gym online in high school. Solved a lot of my problems.

Wow, reading these certainly was an eye-opener for me!
I never realized most of you guys didn't like PE either!
Not surprised that Math ranked right up there too, with history a close 3rd.
Fun read, thanks op:_)

First year of Ancient Greek. I didn't mind the second year, but the first year was brutal.

Gym and Science. I was so bad at science that a terrible teacher of mine actually told me, "Science isn't for everyone."

Now I have a degree in Animal Science :goodvibes

English. I was so mad my high school required 5 English classes to graduate, but only 3 math classes (I took 6 math classes, currently an engineer).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter