What was your most disappointing ride?

They are not the worst rides but the ones I was most disappointed in after riding were TSMM and Soarin. We were so excited to ride TSMM that we were at rope drop, got FP and then waited in line for an hour. The linewas great but I thought the ride itself was no better then Buzz Lightyear at MK. Tried it again with the FP later on, missed most of the cute line and still just didn't get the hype. Soarin our entire family just found boring.

The worst rides/attractions were Stitch and Sounds Dangerous, however I had heard these were bad so I wasn't expecting anything anyway.

I will say this and then explain...

but most of MK disappointed me.

first time we went with my then two-year old, I read the boards and everyone was rating PP and POTC, IASW and POOH as must do's and favourite rides...so I had an idea about them being cutting edge technology, etc. Then I get on and had a total..."that's it...a bunch of animatronics or visual sets...looks like something from the 80s..."

So, I was disappointed...

Once I reshaped my expectations I enjoyed the rides for their beautiful theming and storytelling. Though none of us like IASW...creeps us all out and we've been three times now!

HA!

Not a ride, but I was absolutely gutted when I went to the animation building, hoping to see the Robin Williams/Walter Kronkite video and see the old animation desks, and have a Q&A with a Disney artist. Don't know what happened there but the new Mushu video doesn't do it for me. Very disappointing.

Before Test Track, Mission Space and Soaring' came to Epcot I remember (I think) there being very few rides, Body Wars was very disappointing, and as for Maelstrom....... Terrible, terrible ride, does that really have a fast pass?!

Will say I really enjoy Dinoland USA. My family did lots of car trips when I was little and it is nostalgic for me, always brings back memories of the ridiculous giant roadside attractions/tourist traps.

And that is EXACTLY what the Imagineers were 'going for' when they designed it. The story is that it is a mom & pop carnival (Hester and Chester) that opened up when the Dino Institute moved in due to the discovery of dino fossils. The grad students at the Dino Inst. 'needed' a place to spend their time and paychecks...

Once you know the 'story' it makes more sense.

I may be in the minority but I am glad that Kali is a milder ride. It is something my whole family can do together and since we mainly go in the summer, it is a great way to cool my 4yo off in the summer. ;)

That being said, we were beyond disappointed in Stitch. There was actually a 20 minute wait for it when we were there over the summer and we took pity over the poor people actually waiting to ride it. :scared1:

I really like Kali! It's not about the thrill as much as the experience, though. The queuing area is so detailed, and the ride itself is lovely. If you go on it just waiting to get wet & watching the water like at similar rides at the Six Flags parks, I can totally see how it would be boring. But if you look around as you drift downstream, you can see the transition between the lush, tropical environment and the deforestation. And the waterfall effect-- when you pass behind the waterfall, there is the scent of orchids (or some tropical flower ;) ) as you enter, and the smell of sulfur and burning wood as you exit into the deforestation area. I love that very typical Disney attention to detail.

I haven't ridden Stitch, but that's because I know before ever going in that I'll be disappointed, because Alien Encounter was the best, most innovative attraction EVER IMHO. I know I'm in the minority, but I loved AE. Watching the lights of the "rescuers" coming through the floor above us as the alien worked his way up to eat them, and then having the alien lick the back of your head in the total blackness :faint:---- coolest evah!!! I miss that alien. :(

Snore'n and Stitch!:tiptoe:

I don't know why but I just never have seen the big attraction to Soar'in but to each his own I guess? :confused3

The rides that disappoint me are all the refurbish or the dumbed down new scripts. I hate what they have done to poor figment- there is no excuse, and it has failed...bring my dreamfinder back!
Energy adventure used to be much more educational.
Seems to me the script for Space ship earth has also lost giant chunks that had much more info.
Test track seems like a colossal waste, especially since they tore out world of motion!
Even Nemo, I miss the the living seas,the elevator, the divers, etc. I liked the ride before better, too!

For me it was test track. They opened it just after we left after our honeymoon, but when we went back and rode it, I was gutted at what a let down it was.

You probably won't hear this much, but mine is Soaring'. It's not bad, but did not live up to the hype I had heard.

Not a ride, but I was absolutely gutted when I went to the animation building, hoping to see the Robin Williams/Walter Kronkite video and see the old animation desks, and have a Q&A with a Disney artist. Don't know what happened there but the new Mushu video doesn't do it for me. Very disappointing.?!

Very good point. The gutting of the AS was one of Eisner's biggest mistakes. So sad.

The irony is that the animation class has become hugely popular. Once upon a time the place was empty. Now it seems to be filled beyond capacity every time we go, even when the rest of HS is fairly empty.

They have all that empty old space just sitting there, when they could so easily expand the Animation Class. I don't think it would cost much at all to reshape that space so that the animation class was double it's size. It would also be pretty easy to have two classes- a beginner class (with more main stream characters) and a 'advanced' class with more rare characters, for those who have drawn all the main stream characters.

It seems to me like Disney is missing the boat on a number of relativley low cost options that would make the parks so much better.

You probably won't hear this much, but mine is Soaring'. It's not bad, but did not live up to the hype I had heard.

I agree completely. No way would I ever wait in line more than maybe 15 minutes for that ride. It is definately not on my must do list.

The rides that disappoint me are all the refurbish or the dumbed down new scripts. I hate what they have done to poor figment- there is no excuse, and it has failed...bring my dreamfinder back!
Energy adventure used to be much more educational.
Seems to me the script for Space ship earth has also lost giant chunks that had much more info.
Test track seems like a colossal waste, especially since they tore out world of motion!
Even Nemo, I miss the the living seas,the elevator, the divers, etc. I liked the ride before better, too!

Wow. You and I think alike. Although, I do enjoy TT, but really miss WoM.

I think you can put rides into 5 categories with a couple of examples...

1) Wished I never went on it:
-Stitched Great Escape... I was held hostage on a ride based on one of my favorite characters. DS warned us what the books said about it being so bad, we should have listened.
-It's Tough to Be a Bug... Another oxymoron. You're in the iconic Tree of Life with great characters and get attacked by bugs?!

2)Dumb ride but I was at Disney so I'm glad to say I tried it:
-Figment... I remember liking it as a kid. As an adult it was really bad.
-Snow White... Love the dwarfs but compared to some of the other boat rided is was dumb.

3)Great ride that I didn't expect to like so much
-Los Tres Cabbaleros... It's silly & the line is short
-Primeval Whirl.... I know others disagree but it made us laugh
-The Land... Loved seeing behind the scenes and taking a break from all the commotion

4)Family Favorites
Too many to list.... Buzz, The Mountains, Kilimanjaro Safari, Star Tours

5)Ride that I won't miss
-Soarin'... It takes my breath away everytime and the only ride that I will stand in line for for more than an hour

Less than 5 more months to go :mickeyjum

I agree completely. No way would I ever wait in line more than maybe 15 minutes for that ride. It is definately not on my must do list.

Ask to wait for the first row at Soarin' - it's a completely different experience (we discovered this in Disneyland years ago when we rode multiple times in a row). My kids tease me and mock me each time we get on line for Soarin' "seeing people's dangling feet ruins the ride". The film is best experienced in the front row.

And in the same vein - nothing beats the last car on Thunder Mountain - totally different ride.

One more thing - they ruined the Great Movie Ride when they stopped the Alien from moving.

And after this trip, my daughter is so annoyed that the rocks don't 'rumble' anymore on BTMRR.

ok, i only read the first 7 of 14 pages, but I think i have one that hasn't been listed yet.

I'm going Retro, but I'd have to say 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

How could the coolest looking theme park ride from the exterior be the biggest waste of time when you ride it? I mean I could stare at that ride for hours from the midway and skyride admiring what looked like the coolest ride on earth. Riding a ficticious submarine? Amazing! Then you ride it.....

All i remember was wooden fish on sticks (you could see the stick holding it up) and the big finale was a bunch of squid tentatacles that you float past and a few bubbles in the window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter