• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What was your weight before the pandemic vs. Now?

I was already losing weight before the pandemic, and I kept at it. No weight gain since.

About the same.

I unfortunately weigh myself every hour. Well, it's not intentional, I have to stand on an industrial packaging scale to hang a material bag up to drain out the bulk storage. I've been weighing myself once an hour 5 days a week for the past 20 years, LOL.

I was 219 in Feb. 2020, I'm now 221. I was as low as 208 and as high as 227 in between there. I'm also 6'3" so that helps.

Overall I'm about 10 pounds heavier than I was in Jan 2020.

That said, I don't care. I've adopted the intuitive eating mindset and have absolutely stopped worrying about my weight, and have eliminated the entire diet/weight loss mentality from my life. I'm over it. Diets don't work. They lead to biological changes that make you end up heavier than where you started. Our bodies have a genetic set point and they will fight like mad to get there, despite our efforts. I've made peace with that fact.

I focus on eating a balanced diet, which includes about 80% healthy, whole foods and 20% indulgences. Life is too short to live in deprivation. I can always buy different sized clothes and balance and bodily harmony is more important than a number on the scale.

I will continue to use my annual physical blood work and vital signs as my gauge of how healthy I am. As of now, on paper, I am in excellent health.

Maybe 132 and now teetering on 127. I have always run 3 miles every other day but was sporadically lifting weights. Right around March 2020 I discovered the Thinner Leaner Stronger program and bought the one year journal and do the 3 day weight lifting program. I will be starting my third year of it soon! It's amazing. I don't follow the nutrition part with counting macros as I am kind of a slave to the simplicity of my FitBit. I don't like dieting and just shoot for a daily caloric deficit, which doesn't always happen but it all evens out. The weightlifting part of TLS is simple to follow. Highly recommend this book or Body for Life by Bill Phillips. Calories in vs. calories out, keeping on the move and simplicity. I am grateful I found a guideline to follow early on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter