What waterparks to do?

Dippa

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

Going to Disney this christmas, and we are wondering if it is worth going to all the waterparks?

We definitely want to do Typhoon Lagoon, as we are lucky enough to be there while both disney water parks are open as we are there for the crossover...

We don't want to go to the parks and then think we've wasted valuable time that could have been spent at another park?

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated :)

Thanks in advance.

Hopefully the weather will be warm enough for both. I know they typically close one during the winter for refurb.

You'll get a wide array of answers on if it's "wasting time". Some people love them, some have no use for them. Our family falls in the "we love them" camp. Definitely not a waste of time. Which one will depend on what you want to do. TL has a much more intense wave pool. BB has a better organized young kids (ages 4-10ish) area. The "big" slides at TL can be easier to get on because they have more than one of each (Humunga Kowabunga and Crush n Gusher). The "big" slides at BB are a bit bigger of a drop (I think?) but only have one of each (Summit Plummet and Slush Gusher), so the line will move slower. Truthfully, I find them about equal when it comes to fun factor. They both have fun slides and the slides are somewhat similar in concept, just different themes. They both have nice lazy rivers. The biggest difference to me, besides theme, is the wave pool. TL is seriously intense and a lot of fun in that way. BB is a lot of continual gentle waves, very relaxing if you're floating on a tube.

Get there when the park opens and you'll get on anything you want with no wait.

Thanks for your reply :) Yes we are there when the parks crossover so should have the opportunity to do both TL and BB. How about the other water parks, Aquatica and Wet n Wild, worth going to or not ?

During the winter they close one of the water parks for refurbishment. Blizzard Beach first closing Oct 23 to Dec 24. Then Typhoon Lagoon is closed Dec 25 to Mar 11. So you will only have one choice unless you get lucky and your trip covers both being open.

Noooooo. Skip Aquatica and Wet n Wild and any other water park within 500 miles of Disney. They all stink - Wet n Wild, literally. We live nearby and the only water parks we go to now are BB and TL - and we've done them all. A friend recently went to WnW and a paint chip got wedged under their son's toe nail while going down a slide because they don't bother keeping the park up. And that was true long before they decided it was being closed. TL and BB have so much more shade and trees and the area music and theming are amazing - the shade being the #1 reason we prefer them. Aquatica just seemed like a giant concrete slab with a few palm trees thrown in. If you are going to go off the compound, don't do it for a water park - go to US/IOA.

Noooooo. Skip Aquatica and Wet n Wild and any other water park within 500 miles of Disney. They all stink - Wet n Wild, literally. We live nearby and the only water parks we go to now are BB and TL - and we've done them all. A friend recently went to WnW and a paint chip got wedged under their son's toe nail while going down a slide because they don't bother keeping the park up. And that was true long before they decided it was being closed. TL and BB have so much more shade and trees and the area music and theming are amazing - the shade being the #1 reason we prefer them. Aquatica just seemed like a giant concrete slab with a few palm trees thrown in. If you are going to go off the compound, don't do it for a water park - go to US/IOA.

Thanks for the advice :) so far TL and BB seem to be the favourites which is understandable considering the lengths they go to theming the park!!

Ooh by your recommendations I think it may be wise to avoid AQ and WW, I don't fancy having any injuries regarding paint and feet! Cant afford to waste any valuable ride time haha!

Thanks again for all your advice.

Well, to WnW's defense, I am sure it does not happen often. But the few times we have gone, we noticed lots of rust and just a feel of decay. Aquatica is actually pretty good for the slides. We were not impressed with the one where you slide through a tube that goes through the tank so you can glimpse dolphins and such. There is a large sand beach which is nice if you enjoy sitting out under the sun until your skin resembles bacon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter