What We Miss When We Miss Disney World (article by Jodi Eichler-Levine)

TavieP

DIS Veteran
https://therevealer.org/what-we-miss-when-we-miss-disney-world/

Hi, I hope it's okay to share this link - a friend sent it to me today and it really moved me. Although the comparisons to Judaism are slightly over-the-top, the sentiment behind it is very real and gets at the heart of how I've been feeling since the pandemic started, my complicated feelings and fears about the coming reopening, and how things will never really be the same again. I think anyone who thinks of WDW (or Disneyland) as "home" will find some truth in this piece.

It also led me to this "Disney from Home" parade on Youtube:
which, although that particular parade (being from 2005 and Disneyland-based) isn't a particular favorite of mine, watching these earnest and joyful cast members recreate it in their backyards and basements touched something in me. I think it's just a relief to cry about something that isn't horror and fear and pain, these days.

Hope everyone is well and keeping the dream alive.

Very true and correct feelings there, Tavie. I think we can relate. I watched a bit of the video, will come back to watch it all. Looks GREAT!!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter