• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What were the worst kids show from your generation?

Barney. Luckily I was just getting too old for shows like that when it first came out, so I escaped being sucked in.

Not from mine, but rather my daughter's: Dora the Explorer: my daughter asked once why does Dora sound like she's yelling all the time.

Little Einsteins...once that song got in my head, it took forever to get it out.

i think 'lancelot link secret chimp' ranks at or near the top of the bottom of the heap.

I grew up in the 80's when pretty much every cartoon was solid gold and still permeate the popular culture at large today! 😜

the era that has come to be known as that of 'half hour toy commercials' thanks to the fcc loosening programming regulations :crazy2:

Yep. Can't thiink of any I didn't like. Give me robotech, star blazers, duneons & dragons, electric company, mister wizard, GI Joe, transformers, he-man/she-ra, and mister rogers. So many good shows from that era.

Even the B-list stuff was great - Pole Position, Saber Rider, Silverhawks! MASK though was A-list for sure!

I was a kid in the late 70s. That was the golden age of Saturday morning cartoons, so I don't recall anything that was all that bad in terms of quality. Especially Hanna-Barbera.

There was some stuff that might have been past its prime though. Maybe I didn't see them when they first came out, but there was always a rotation of shows that ended being rebroadcast. Especially some kids cartoon versions of live action TV shows, such as Jeannie. They might not have been that poorly made, but they just lacked staying power. Also stuff that seems cringeworthy these days regarding stereotypes, such as Hong Kong Phooey or The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan.

If you ever saw Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, they did ridicule some of the retrospective issues with older Hanna-Barbera cartoons.

And it was so wonderful! Truly, magical times.

uck, uck, uck-i blame it all on the worst tv show of all time that was tied to the one of the most successful toy tie-in's ever-'the star wars holiday special' :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: i honestly thought over the decades since this aired ONE AND ONLY ONCE it aired that i had built up in my mind how truly horrific it was until last year when i found a bootleg dvd and gifted it to dh (who was too young at the time it aired to have seen it). my memory was indeed correct.

Ren & Stimpy, followed closely by Cat Dog.

I didn’t like Ren & Stimpy at all, but I let it run sometimes because I Ioved hearing my mom fuss about it. She just hated that show. 😄

uck, uck, uck-i blame it all on the worst tv show of all time that was tied to the one of the most successful toy tie-in's ever-'the star wars holiday special' :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: i honestly thought over the decades since this aired ONE AND ONLY ONCE it aired that i had built up in my mind how truly horrific it was until last year when i found a bootleg dvd and gifted it to dh (who was too young at the time it aired to have seen it). my memory was indeed correct.

Whatever man, I loved it! The cartoons that is, not necessarily the holiday special. Go ahead an complain, I'm going to go have me a big bowl of Mr. T Cereal and make He-Man wrestle Optimus Prime! 😁

Whatever man, I loved it! The cartoons that is, not necessarily the holiday special. Go ahead an complain, I'm going to go have me a big bowl of Mr. T Cereal and make He-Man wrestle Optimus Prime! 😁

i don't care for them but i do give them credit for being something new. when i was a little kid it was still a wasteland of nothing but old flintstones, jetsons, hannah barbera and popeye cartoons on saturday mornings. for me the best stuff came during my kid's childhood-rugrats, rocko's moder life, camp lazlo, pepper ann, as told by ginger, pb & j otter...i just wish disney would release collections of the stuff they did for tv back then (or as my now 20 something 'kids' say-offer it on their streaming service or do an entire disney channel network/block of time devoted to those shows b/c they and their friends would kill to rewatch them as much as i would).

Child of the 1960's
Davey and Goliath. A clay-mation kids show Produced by the Lutheran Church. Yes, it had a message
Boo - I liked that show!

Here in Canada it's no contest - The Hilarious House of Frightenstein. It was breathtakingly awful and everybody loved it. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter