What were you doing when you were 23?

I was working, and my sister graduated high school that year. I had been saving up my money and took the family for our first on property stay at WDW (two weeks at CR) to celebrate the graduation. That was our first year with annual passes also.

Married with a toddler, one year into the job I still have, living in DH's boss' rental house that we purchased a couple years later.

Reading through these I see alot of us were married at 23, or before that.
My dd is 20 (and 1/2) and I can't imagine her getting married in 3 years. That is so young!

I was in University studying Biology and living at home. I was single. My mom was diagnosed with ALS that year so the next few years were really hard.

We had a 2 1/2 year old, and I was 7 months into a job at a company I have stayed with ever since (19 years). Had a BA in English Literature and was working on my BS in Computer Svience. And we just got pregnant with our second child.

I'd been out of college for three years. I was on an assignment in London managing the installation of telecommunications software that I'd written. This was almost 50 years ago so the concept of hooking up sales terminals back to headquarters in the states was quite new.

London in 1970 was so much fun.

Firefighter & part time dispatcher. At 26 I was a police officer. Still single with a lot of cash in my pocket.

At 23 I had 4 kids and had been married for 5 years. We owned our own home and I was a stay at home Mom. I started working for the first time at 24 and started working full-time at 28. I’m now almost 40 with 4 kids, work full-time from home and still married to the same guy for 22 years this summer. My oldest daughter graduated university and is a junior engineer, my oldest son is in military college and is done his third year, my youngest son finished his first year of university and my youngest daughter just finished grade 11 and will be a senior in the fall. Wow does time go fast!

By 23, I had a 2 year old and had been divorced for a year. I was working full time and going to school full time. That was pretty much my life until I got remarried at 28 and got my masters at 29. Seems like a lifetime ago though since my son is now 15.

Isn’t it crazy to think about the salaries back then (for us of a “certain age”)? I was making $19,600 the year I was 23.
My first full time job after college paid $16k. It was a decent salary back then. My college boyfriend got a terrific management/computers job with a major corporation in the mid 80s- his salary was $35k and he was rolling in the dough!!

Reading through these I see alot of us were married at 23, or before that.
My dd is 20 (and 1/2) and I can't imagine her getting married in 3 years. That is so young!
I was married at 25 and at the time most of my friends were already married or about to be. Now, I look at my almost 20 year old DD and think if she married at 25, it would be awfully early.

Seems like people are waiting until their very late 20s to early 30s to marry now.

Had moved to the "big city" at age 20, was married 4 years, working full-time and finishing my degree part-time, in the process of buying my first home. I guess you could say I was fully "adulting" which seems impossible to imagine for my own DS a short two years from now. :scratchin

Was married and backpacking around the British Isles after graduating from College. It was the summer of Princess Diana's wedding. With no cell phones or computers back then, I called my parents on pay phones to check in. (Phones were just like in EPCOT's England)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter