What were your childhood fears?

Giant "dogs". - I had a nightmare about them chasing me around our house.

Note: Dogs is in quotes because looking back, they were clearly people in dog suits (like costume characters) not real dogs. 🙂

Earthquakes. I remember in a Superman movie there was a bad earthquake and that gave me nightmares and anxiety attacks. I live in Illinois and my mom always said earthquakes can't happen in Illinois. Well, that was a lie, I've felt two little ones in the past 15 years.
I was also scared of the furnace room in our basement. Our bedroom was in the basement of my grandparents' house, and I had to walk by the furnace room every night. I would run. Even as an adult it scared me and I refused to look inside lol

Same as you @slo , but in my case, I was actually kidnapped (he claims 'taken') by my father during a nasty custody battle when I was 5. I remember being so scared, even though he was my father, and I remember crying over and over for my mother. Thankfully the police found me and brought me home after 2 days.
Other than that,,snakes and spiders, same as I am today, many many years later
I am so sorry that happened to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter