• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What were your favorite Super Bowl Ads?

Take it to the house, kid was HANDS DOWN my favorite part of the evening. I LOVED it!!

Commercials:
Cheetos MC Hammer, silly but I laughed
Groundhog Day Jeep, I started smiling as soon as I saw the old alarm clock and heard Sonny & Cher.
And the TMobile Anthony Anderson Mom commercial. At the club . . . lol

Married 47 years ago this June with "I Got You Babe" as our song so JEEP was #1, and excellent tie in with day/movie.

Google Loretta - and I heard on our morning news, that it was done in house (no ad firm), its the story of a Google employee's grandparents and that's actually his grandfather's voice on it.

Awwww, that’s lovely. :lovestruc

Lil Nas X of "Old Town Road" fame

Thanks for clearing that up, but I still don’t know him. I’m old and don’t listen to rap. ;)

I liked a lot of the commercials, but I was sad that once again, there was no Budweiser Clydesdale commercial :(
I liked the Tide ones, I liked the cheeto fingers one, I really liked the NFL one (but it took me awhile to figure out what was going on with it), and I liked the Loretta one. Did not care for the MC Hammer one, and sorry Tom Brady, I like you, but didn't care for your Hulu commercial. Also did not care for any of the political ads thrown in. IMO they don't belong in the Super Bowl

To the bolded..it's a country song with Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus!

Oh ok, LOL, I don’t listen to country either.

BTW, what’s with all the rappers with Lil (or Li’l) in their names? Can someone explain that?

Last edited:
Oh yea, I forgot about the NYLife one.

Huh -not one person listed the Typical American Budweiser commercial.

Missed the Little Ceasars sliced bread ad too. Just watched. That was cute too!

Google Loretta was very very sweet. Brought tears to my eyes. I missed that last night too.

I must have missed the Sliced Bread, too. Hilarious!! :teeth:

I forgot the real quickie one about the water found on Mars. That was the first one we even laughed at last night.

I saw the Budweiser "Typical" ad before the game. I liked it a lot and it is disappointing to see media headlines reporting that this is controversial. This commercial appealed to me in a lot of ways, but the main message I got out of this ad was not to generalize people and reconsider our use of labels. The other message I took from this was that we all have the ability to do heroic and noble acts, no matter the scale and what background we have.

I think the idea is a bit bad though in THAT setting....if you're parking between two cars where there's no room to open your door...GUESS WHAT? They also couldn't open their door if they try to leave before you.

The sedan had enough room on the driver's side to get into the car, assuming nobody parks too close on that side.

SUV parked over the line has plenty of room on the passenger side. Worst case, they could climb in through the hatch and over the seatbacks.

We might not be the most considerate drivers, but we know how to pahk. Well, except the SUV driver.

The sedan had enough room on the driver's side to get into the car, assuming nobody parks too close on that side.

SUV parked over the line has plenty of room on the passenger side. Worst case, they could climb in through the hatch and over the seatbacks.

We might not be the most considerate drivers, but we know how to pahk. Well, except the SUV driver.
That gets the award - understatement of the year. CONGRATULATIONS!🏆

Two singular moments......the running kid stopping to look at Pat Tillman......and Earth getting a snicker bar, even though most of the problems of the world are causes we self -inflict upon ourselves......as the "must have selfie" pair fall into the hole of the world.

But it's ok....its all fake news and the kid can't make a living.

My favorites:

Weathertech/UW Madison's vet school ad
Google Loretta photos
Before Alexa

I'm surprised no one mentioned Microsoft's nod to Katie Sowers' Be The One, commercial, which stated she's the first female NFL coach, saying, "It just takes ONE to be the first, then more will follow." :thumbsup2Some young girl sat and watched that on Sunday. And she will remember, in her field of work, and will be the one first some day. And we will ALL be the better for it. :worship:

I may be the the lone one here, but I liked the Audi spot with Maisie Williams of GAME OF THRONES fame driving their new electric model car while singing Let It Go. Of course I may be biased about that, being a Frozen fan and all.

I also liked:
"Smaht Pahk" for Hyundai
"Before Alexa" for Amazon, with Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi
The Mulan Trailer.
"Groundhog Day" for Jeep, with Bill Murray
"When We Come Together" for Procter & Gamble, with Sofia Vergara and others
"Lucky Dog" for WeatherTech
"Shopping Network" for Avacados From Mexico, with Molly Ringwald
The Jimmy Fallon one for Michelob Ultra

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter