What will Disney let you pay for next?

Just thought of another possible fee. Merchandise bag charge. If you buy merch at a WDW park or hotel, they charge a $0.50 / plastic bag which would encourage people to pay $1.50 for the reusable bag. The fee is part of a company wide effort to reduce, reuse and recycle and protect our oceans. I am not being sarcastic either about protecting our natural waters, there is a lot garbage being dumped into the oceans and not just by Americans. :(

I dont know about you guys but I’m SUPER excited to maybe start paying for pool access at the hotel in the future. I also don’t think I could live without getting the privilege of paying for Disney tap water too, hope that happens. Or maybe I’ll get charged a fee for looking at a little lizard too long on a walkway (that’s clearly missed money at Animal Kingdom). I obviously don’t have enough paying privileges at Disney 🙄🤣

In person ordering fee (if you don't use mobile ordering if it is an option)

In person check in fee (if you don't use the automated system that texts you your room number and you already have a magic band, key card or phone to open the door)

Only way to see the most popular Character meet and greet in each park is to pay just $10 for an appointment with a character.

I am surprised hearing the buttons are still free

"Environmental fee" with every food order to pay for Disney to remove your garbage from the park/resort.

I could see a pool fee for the Value level rooms. Maybe only access via a magic band etc, after you pay the fee.

Bringing back MDE but for a fee seems like something around the corner...the issue will be that there will be fewer busses so the trip will take even longer.

Disney will never charge you not to show up.
If you don’t like the direction a company has taken there product. You always have the option to not purchase it.

The most effective thing you can do to tell Disney how you feel is go else where to spend you vacation dollar.

My guess is someone else will gladly take you spot, but enough people go elsewhere Disney will have to change.

If Disney could figure out a way to charge you to not show up - they will :D

While I agree - voting with your wallet is the best way to prevent these up-charges from happening - I thought this was just all in good fun though thinking about some of the other fees Disney can tack onto your vacation.

• Charging for lockers, no free lockers to store your items while riding an attraction
  • Resort Fees
  • Cleaning fees for DVC stays
  • Add-on Tickets for firework shows
  • Booking tables through Consierge Service
  • Pay for taking photos with characters

Disney World doesn't have free lockers for their rides the same way Universal does, do they?

If Disney could figure out a way to charge you to not show up - they will :D

While I agree - voting with your wallet is the best way to prevent these up-charges from happening - I thought this was just all in good fun though thinking about some of the other fees Disney can tack onto your vacation.
I would buy a lot more Disney stock, If they find a way to charge you for going else where

The price of everything goes up, somehow we expect Disney not to ever change because it is owned my a cute mouse??

Disney and Disney's board of director has a duty to find out how much people will pay, If we all continue to go and just ***** about how horrible Disney is, the stockholder (I'm one of them) will laugh all the way to the bank.

If you stop going, or go but don't buy the option Disney will rethink it, or maybe use it to add value to the deluxe resorts, etc....

This thread just highlights the fact that any thing that is free has no value to people....
I think in another thread some one stated "Disney owes us a free fastpass system" yet never defended that statement.

We all have choices to make about how we want to spend our money:

If enough people chose to spend an extra 60 dollars (family of 4) a day for fast passes, good for Disney,
If enough people chose to stand in the line instead, Good for all of us.

Honestly, ‘concierge’ service which would essentially just be someone to get you ADRs. All inclusive hotel chains have similar services for certain room types instead of fighting for reservations and Disney could definitely hide behind how much this will improve the experience. I am ashamed to admit there are a few ADRs I would pay a small fee to have. What’s another $20 on top of my stupid expensive Disney vacation.

Prior to the shutdown, club level guests had access to a concierge service that would do just that. They'd make ADR's, book special events, etc. I'm not sure how much it was actually used though because supposedly they couldn't book anything any earlier than a regular guest could. Years ago that wasn't the case. You could send them an email ahead of your ADR window listing everything you wanted. On the morning your window opened you'd wake up to a wonderful email listing all of the ADR's they'd booked for you. We always got everything we wanted, at the times we asked for (or pretty close). It was wonderful! At some point they stopped the early booking access for the concierge team, though. I never really knew why, but I missed it.

I would buy a lot more Disney stock, If they find a way to charge you for going else where

The price of everything goes up, somehow we expect Disney not to ever change because it is owned my a cute mouse??

Disney and Disney's board of director has a duty to find out how much people will pay, If we all continue to go and just ***** about how horrible Disney is, the stockholder (I'm one of them) will laugh all the way to the bank.

If you stop going, or go but don't buy the option Disney will rethink it, or maybe use it to add value to the deluxe resorts, etc....

This thread just highlights the fact that any thing that is free has no value to people....
I think in another thread some one stated "Disney owes us a free fastpass system" yet never defended that statement.

We all have choices to make about how we want to spend our money:

If enough people chose to spend an extra 60 dollars (family of 4) a day for fast passes, good for Disney,
If enough people chose to stand in the line instead, Good for all of us.

You're right, again my post was entirely for fun.

I don't think I ever said Disney is terrible for trying to make more money. I recognize Disney is a for-profit company and not a charity. I'm also a Disney shareholder if that means anything

As far as my opinion on Genie+, as a customer, I'm not happy because I feel like you're not only getting less value in terms of perks (included airport shuttle, included Magicbands, included Fastpass, included resort package delivery, reduced (30 mins) early hours, restricted (deluxe/dvc) evening hours, restricted (2pm) park hopping, restricted park passes for APs (3 at a time), reduced Mousekeeping (Disney used to give you a gift card for every day you skipped Mousekeeping, but it is now just standard). At the same time, Disney is increasing prices.

But I agree - Disney will continue to charge for new things and keep raising prices if we keep just going to Disney World and paying for all the extras.

I don't think I've been complaining and at the same time saying I'm definitely buying Genie+. I agree though I expect most people will just buy Genie+ and it will be a great new revenue stream for Disney.

When Disneyland launched Maxpass in July 2017, it cost $10 per person per day, $15 in January 2019 and $20 in January 2020. Can you imagine if the cost of everything was double what it was 3 years ago? Yes inflation has increased a lot over the last year or so - but Disney doubled the price of MaxPass before this. I'm sure Disney found that too many people were buying MaxPass at $10 and they needed to raise the price to reduce the number of people purchasing it, but just imagine Genie+ being $30 per person per day in 2024.

Anyway - I agree if demand remains, Disney can keep raising prices and charging for other things which were once included. That doesn't mean we can't have some fun at the expense of Disney's Genie+ announcement and think about what else Disney could charge for like Bathrooms and Tap water.

Maybe it won't be as funny when Disney does exactly that in a few years though... :(

I think the next move will be the H+ service. It stands for "Hotel +"

When you enter your hotel room after a busy day at the parks there will be a 15 minute delay before the door opens but if you pay for H+ you get access to the "Lighting Door" and you hotel room door will open instantly!

Another idea for WDW. A lightning lane for snacks at carts and kiosks. In order to not stand in the long queue you can enter the "Dash Delivers Jack-Jack num nums lane", and pay an additional $10 / order to line hop the standard queue. There is nothing better than an upcharge that is tied to IP. :)

At all entrances there will be donation boxes..
And there will be a Begging Baloo at AK, Begging Bashful at MK, Begging Baymax at Epcot, and Begging Beast at HS helping you place all your hard earned $$$ in them boxes :crazy: :crazy2:

Express access to top deck of ferry between MK and TTC.

Why do you think Disney is setting up direct 2nd deck loading?

Separate from the dessert parties, nightly reserved premium viewing space for fireworks ('to help pay for the cost of the shows' of course). No more getting close to the castle or the water at Epcot without Disney monetizing that real estate.

Sounds like they will now let you pay a LOT more for a AP, and then let you pay for Photopass on top of that!

WooHoo! Charging more and giving less...have a Magical Day ya'll!

tap water will cost money.

Bath/shower water will cost money.

The air in the Disney bubble will cost money.

You can buy the mosquito free pass for $300

To go from resort to resort you will need a A-E ticket. To enter a deluxe resort you will need the E ticket.

If you mention Bob Eger's name that will cost you $1000 or you will get sued by the crack Disney Legal team.

Even thinking about Chapek will cost you $500.

Next thing is Autograph+. You can buy a pre-filled autograph book with autographs from your favorite Disney characters! This will improve the guest experience by shortening lines at character meets, allowing for social distancing and shortening the time spent at character dining (so we can get more people into the restaurant to pay $70 per person to see Mickey from across the room.) All for the low price of $15. For an extra $10 per picture we can magically add your child into a photo with their favorite character so they can tell all of their friends that they met Mickey Mouse and his friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter