What will do again once you get your second COVID vaccine?

Assuming you don't do these things already, what will do again once you get your 2nd COVID vaccine?

• Eat inside a restaurant.

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • Go to a movie theater.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Fly on an airplane.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Have friends over for a meal.

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Use a clothing store dressing room.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Go to the dentist.

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Go to nonemergency doctor appointments.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Go to parties.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other, because there's always an other.

Votes: 26 45.6%

• Total voters
I miss going to see live sports. Especially baseball.
Also concerts. Concert halls for a classical music concerto, almost any concert really.
If/when I get the vaccine, I'll be among the first lined up when those are back.

We have already flown one time to see my mother-in law several months ago. She's very anxious to see us again as soon as possible. She's been vaccinated, but we haven't.

It probably won't be possible for us this year, but I am really hoping we can to go to the men's college world series in 2022. ⚾

Last edited:
Fly! to see my parents who already vaccinated. We’ve done the dentist but not much else.

Because the long term effects of covid are so unknown and random we’ve chosen to hunker down. We’ll return to “normal” if it lasts past 2021 but we are hoping enough will take this seriously or get the vaccine that normal is within reach.

I have been fully vaccinated for almost a month but haven’t really changed how I do things. Once more people can get vaccinated I will think about doing non essential fun things again.

We do have an airbnb rental on the Oregon coast for the end of August so I’m hoping all in my group will be vaccinated by then and herd immunity will be a thing. If not we will cook all our meals at the house and social distance on the beach.

Get a haircut. Maybe also get together with friends who are also fully vaccinated.

I've actually been doing most things because my state has been great at finding a balance that allows businesses to open and operate safely. But for some reason getting a haircut has not felt right. Haven't really seen friends either. And yes, I have dined inside. We also cautiously get together with immediate family.

Also, given that my grandparents will be fully vaccinated within a couple weeks of me, I will feel more comfortable visiting them. I've visited (following their lead) but not as frequently as I would like, given that they are 96.

I voted OTHER

Having the vaccine will mean that I will be able to use public transport again and not have to work from home.

Having the vaccine for me is not about being able to do social and superficial things, its about not being trapped in my neighbourhood.

By the beginning of March, most of my friends, myself included, (over age 65) will be two weeks post Dose #2. My son, who I haven’t seen since early November (except for two hours masked up on Christmas Day) is also fully vaccinated, as he is an ER nurse practitioner. I will see my son and my vaccinated friends. We will either go inside a restaurant or visit at each other’s homes. I don’t see any reason why we cannot do that. At our age (late 60’s and early to mid 70’s) the clock is ticking and we don’t have time to waste.

I will continue to wear a mask in public and social distance because it is the right thing to do until everyone who wants to be vaccinated can make it happen.

I view going to a movie theater as an unnecessary risk, even pre-pandemic. As my home theater has gotten better and better over the years, movie theaters have not kept up. (Most notably, they never installed the all-too-important-as-you-get-older Pause button.)

Flying on an airplane without the seats next to mine blocked is ridiculously imprudent, even vaccinated.

DH and I have been to Disney twice since they re-opened and we're headed there again next week! Disney is the only place we've inside for a restaurant but we do get meals to-go at home. We've talked that when I can get my shot, DH already has both vaccine's on board, that we'll go to more restaurants but maybe sit outside some.

I'm ready for the movies to re-open. We really liked the ones that you could eat dinner in the recliners and after 6pm they were kid-free an sold adult beverages! We have been to he movies ONCE and went with a total of 4 families (less than 20 people) and rented the whole theater and that was great!

I work FT at home and am ready to get back to the office and see my co-workers not just over zoom and go out for lunch!

Last edited:
I've been fully vaccinated. Due to my job and the area we live in (smallish town) nothing really changed for my family at all during this other than the added stress of having to cook every meal and virtual learning after I got home from work for the last couple months of the school year. We don't have curbisde pick up or shipt or instacart here, so I've been grocery shopping the whole time. My kids still went to daycare after school shut down last spring. They've been back in seat since school started in august.

I'm doing the things that matter to me that are still available. We never stopped traveling, just changed how and where as conditions changed, and we probably eat out (takeout) more than we did pre-pandemic because we've built supporting local restaurants into our budget. Now that my mom is in the process of getting vaccinated, I'm adding back a few things I was more cautious about, like indoor dining, substitute teaching and (if they are ever allowed to reopen) movies in theatres, because she was my major reason for caution and she goes for her second shot at the end of the month.

Most of the other things I'm still missing - concerts, live theatre, local fairs & festivals - aren't likely to resume until nearly everyone is vaccinated and state/local restrictions are lifted fully and for good, if they return at all. So getting the vaccine won't really change anything for me.

It's odd to say, I guess I'm looking forward to going to the dentist? I have lunch with a buddy occasionally, I suppose I'll be up for doing that again. Headed to WDW in the spring, I won't be as stressed out about getting sick as I was in October last year.

We will both have our second shot by next Monday. I look forward to helping our daughter move in April. She is in Oklahoma, and we could not help her during her last move May 2020. Just getting to see her as well as visit my mom in her LTC facility (have not been allowed in to see her even briefly since December 25) Is a top priority for me over eating at a restaurant or bar.

We already have another beach trip planned early spring. It was an area we felt totally comfortable with Covid wise so we also went last July, September, and November. I would like to fly to travel somewhere, but waiting on that for now. I actually think it would be safe, but I know I would be anxious so I am willing to just drive where we need to go for the time being. It kind of sucks because we have the Southwest Companion deal for 2021.

We have both been to the dentist once, gone for quick haircuts (we both go to a stylist who works out of her house) and she lives alone. We have gone to doctor’s visits, but we both have underlying stuff so I wouldn’t call the visits routine. We did wait for those until the fall though. I was nervous, but there are some things it is riskier to put off.

Last edited:
I'm not vaccinated and currently do all of those things in some capacity. As a 40 year old healthy adult, who knows when I will be able to get the shot. I'm as careful as possible and wear a mask when out in public, but I can't imagine keeping life on hold for another 6+ months.

We already....
  • eat inside a restaurant about once a week
  • have gone to see a movie in a movie theater.
  • flew on an airplane (about 2 weeks ago)
  • have gone to the dentist since this whole COVID stuff started.
  • have gone to non-emergency doctor appointments. Necessary check ups for me, DH, and the kids.
  • have gone to WDW!

I'll just be glad I have it. But it's not going to change how I live my life right now. We're still supposed to wear a mask and social distance after we've had it, so that's what I will do.

Since I can still get sick and still pass it on to others, despite the vaccine, I still will exercise caution when dealing with family who are older or who other high risk conditions. That's especially true as the variants start to spread further & faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter