• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What will fit in the locker?

MinnieS11

Earning My Ears
I’m trying to buy a bag that would be for both Disney and Universal, but the lockers have changed at Universal. Would a mini backpack work? Or do I need a drawstring?

Lockers are same width and depth as before but the height is the same as the long end of a credit card. Depends on backpack. Even drawstrings won’t fit if there’s too much in them.

I use an Osprey Talon 22 and it fits fine in the small lockers. With room to shove in 2 refillable cups, phones, baseball hat.

But of you stuffed a sweater in the pack, it might not fit.

If you can go bag free, you should. Lockers are not awful but if you can avoid them, all the better. If you need a bag of “just in case stuff”, rent a big locker at the front of the park and travel around far more lightly. You’ll have your stuff if you really need it but you won’t need to carry around every eventuality the whole time. :)

If you can go bag free, you should. Lockers are not awful but if you can avoid them, all the better. If you need a bag of “just in case stuff”, rent a big locker at the front of the park and travel around far more lightly. You’ll have your stuff if you really need it but you won’t need to carry around every eventuality the whole time. :)
But wouldn’t I still have to put my phone in locker for Hulk and RRR? So I would have to go by a locker anyway. I thought they had metal detectors at those rides? I would just be carrying phone, portable charger, and some water. Maybe I’ll go the Fanny pack route.

But wouldn’t I still have to put my phone in locker for Hulk and RRR? So I would have to go by a locker anyway. I thought they had metal detectors at those rides? I would just be carrying phone, portable charger, and some water. Maybe I’ll go the Fanny pack route.

Yes, those rides do have metal detectors and you can`t take anything on those rides....you can still wear your lanyard if you have one with your EP in.

I sometimes have a Kipling Multiple and it fits in those ride lockers fine, and the lockers by the rides aren`t as bad as folks think.

Yes but that’s just 2 rides. They are the ones that require nothing at all in your pockets. But, there are more rides that are bag free. Your fanny pack idea works. 👍

We use lanyards for easy access to hotel key with express pass, and locker use, and AP for discounts. Then I use string bag to put mug, phone in and other essentials.
At night I go lighter and use small runners waist pack. It’s small and stretchy, fits phone.

I agree with PP that the ride lockers are not typically a big deal, though I'm not sure how much of a line forms for them now with social distancing in place. Before, there were times it was shoulder to shoulder people but you could squeeze your way in and grab a locker fairly quickly. I believe they are limiting the number of people in the locker rooms at a time which might cause some delays. Also, a good suggestion is to wear your park ticket in a lanyard. Lanyards can be worn on any ride (including metal detector ones) and you will need easy access to your park ticket to re-open your locker.

Alternatively, you could purchase a locker for the day at the front of the park to keep your stuff in if you want to be bagless, but still need stuff. The for-purchase lockers are not contained in a room so I believe you could walk up and access them at any point. They are also the traditional size lockers, so a typical backpack would fit. I believe its roughly $10 for a day.

I usually wear either a LeSportSac or Vera Bradley fanny pack or a cross-body purse (swingpack). Both fit in the free lockers with no issue.

If I can piggyback a question, if I just wanted to bring my iPhone and wallet, are those 2 rides mentioned above the only ones there would be issues with? Debating if I can get away with no bag at all, but I think I’d be nervous with those just in my pocket. Can I take a fanny pack on rides? Any other options? Tia!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter