What Would Be The Best Dates?

100%Disney

<font color=9999FF>On the lookout for a good sushi
I am looking at 2 different dates as far as our Disney trip, 11/15-11/23 or 12/14-12/22 since Disney extended their free dining promotion. We will be staying at Pop in a standard room.

Which dates would be better as far as crowds and weather? I prefer cooler weather since we usually don't do pools or water parks much.

My other concern is the large groups like Pop Warner or the travel groups, since we will be at a value resort. Any thoughts?

I would go in November, since the December dates are way too close to Christmas and crowd. The temperature in November should be around 78 and in December 72.

Thanks, any thoughts on the tour or sport groups over those times?

Pop Warner would overlap with the tail end of your December dates, but they're always at the All Stars and one of the moderates, so that's not anything you're going to have to worry about.

I looked at the crowd calendars on EasyWDW, and the first three November dates are low (3-5), but then the rest are high (one 8, the rest 9s). On the other hand, the December dates start with a 4, a 5, and four 7s, then 8, 9, and 10. To me then, the December dates seem a bit better, because I don't think 7 sounds too bad (I'd consider that to be the high end of moderate), which means that you'd have 6 days of crowd levels that aren't too bad, whereas with the November dates, you'd only have 3 days of decent crowd levels. Plus, the November dates would be too early for the Candlelight Processional and Holidays Around the World at Epcot, so that would push me to the December dates as well.

I would pick the December dates. You will be getting out before Christmas, but with the November dates you would be there on Thanksgiving. It will be crazy no mater what, but I think the Dec dates will be a bit less crazy. :goodvibes

I think you guys are right, I'm leaning toward the December dates as well. I love the Holidays Around the World at Epcot and low crowds sounds better to me. There are also 5 MVMCP dates during my Dec. dates and only 2 in Nov.:dance3:

We went around the same times in the last 4 years. Late October & Week of Dec 16th. Weather & crowd-wise Late October was the best, so I expect early Nov. to be similar. However - the Week of Dec 16th wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be & the Christmas decorations were great. From what I've heard, the Christmas Decorations go up early Nov, so check if they are scheduled to go up during your Nov trip.

We went around the same times in the last 4 years. Late October & Week of Dec 16th. Weather & crowd-wise Late October was the best, so I expect early Nov. to be similar. However - the Week of Dec 16th wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be & the Christmas decorations were great. From what I've heard, the Christmas Decorations go up early Nov, so check if they are scheduled to go up during your Nov trip.

OP said the dates were Nov 15-23 which includes Thanksgiving. It would be jam packed for most of her stay.:goodvibes

OP said the dates were Nov 15-23 which includes Thanksgiving. It would be jam packed for most of her stay.:goodvibes

Yeah, and I'm thinking the weather will be a bit cooler in Dec. as well. I think I'll do the Dec. dates. Thank you all for the advice.

Last year we stayed on the beach over Thanksgiving and wanted to visit a Disney park on 2 days. I signed up for www.touringplans.com (for $6.95, I think) and it gave anticipated crowds, wait times, etc...gave day-by-day breakdown of which is the best park, worst park and neutral parks. I have to tell you, it was RIGHT ON!! I have used it to plan our September trip for this year...put in your dates and see what advice they give you!!

Have a great trip!
Kelly

Last year we stayed on the beach over Thanksgiving and wanted to visit a Disney park on 2 days. I signed up for www.touringplans.com (for $6.95, I think) and it gave anticipated crowds, wait times, etc...gave day-by-day breakdown of which is the best park, worst park and neutral parks. I have to tell you, it was RIGHT ON!! I have used it to plan our September trip for this year...put in your dates and see what advice they give you!!

Have a great trip!
Kelly

I did and the Dec. dates look much better to me.

I am looking at 2 different dates as far as our Disney trip, 11/15-11/23 or 12/14-12/22 since Disney extended their free dining promotion. We will be staying at Pop in a standard room.

Which dates would be better as far as crowds and weather? I prefer cooler weather since we usually don't do pools or water parks much.

My other concern is the large groups like Pop Warner or the travel groups, since we will be at a value resort. Any thoughts?

A couple of years ago we were there the week of the 14th. Crowds were very low. Weather was cool during the days and cold in the evenings. I wore my winter coat, hat, gloves and boot every evening.

A couple of years ago we were there the week of the 14th. Crowds were very low. Weather was cool during the days and cold in the evenings. I wore my winter coat, hat, gloves and boot every evening.

Yeah, we did that one year as well. I hope it's cool, not cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter