What would Richyams say?!

jennypenny

DIS Veteran
After reading all of the posts lately about VAKL, paying for parking, STOL and the contemporary, OKW deteriorating, etc, I started to miss Richyams. I know some people didn't *get* him, but I looked forward to his posts.

I'm sure he would be vigorously defending his beloved OKW right now. I guess Heaven doesn't have wireless internet yet . . .

Jenny

maybe he would know who to call.

part of problems is that SSR took alot of the older and better CM. but guess who is paying more money in operating fees....

that type of thing is what makes me find fault.

Plus alot of the general maintence is not being done.

under the other CM - you won't have to call and call to get someone to clean the pool - or cut the bushes. It would be done already.

plus when they did send someone it was bunch of people - when 2 or 3 could have done the job. We are paying the salaries for these extra employees. who were standing around....

that is taking our maintence fees for granted.

I would agree that he would be defending OKW. I'm sure he would have many words of wisdom as well. OK, at least some words...:rolleyes1

He is still missed!

ok....there was another thread i read today
that mentioned him...

I never knew him on these boards...

but.....I LOL...reading some of his posts today...

particularly the one where he could...

reach into the fridge from the balcony of bwv and get a
beer without getting up:lmao: :lmao:

he was defending okw and the size of it compared to others..
peace
kerri

After reading all of the posts lately about VAKL, paying for parking, STOL and the contemporary, OKW deteriorating, etc, I started to miss Richyams. I know some people didn't *get* him, but I looked forward to his posts.

I'm sure he would be vigorously defending his beloved OKW right now. I guess Heaven doesn't have wireless internet yet . . .

Jenny

I think Rich would keep it short and sweet...

"You are interested in buying into AKV? Well, some would say that OKW is the ONLY TRUE DVC resort. "

I wish I was posting on the Dis when he was still around. My guess is he' s smiling just knowing he is still being mentioned here.

Someone recently said one of my posts sounded like Richyams. When I inquired about who that was they posted a link to some of his posts and lines.

Seemed like a neet guy and certainly an OKW lover. Can't fault him there.

I read the title of this thread and just started to laugh! :rotfl: Rich's comments on all of this would be so entertaining!

"reach into the fridge from the balcony of bwv and get a
beer without getting up." :rotfl2: A classic!

I miss him, too.

I read the title of this thread and just started to laugh! :rotfl: Rich's comments on all of this would be so entertaining!

I miss him, too.

Totally agree... He is missed... He'd also mention all his visits to the OKW Grand Villa, he defended them until the ends of the earth :goodvibes

I've been thinking about what he would say about the crackdown on renters. He hated renting with a passion. I've also been wondering what his take on the parking thing would have been.

We may not have always been politically in sync and his attitude about BWV left a lot to be desired but he was an interesting guy and I miss arguing with him.

Just recently someone posted on the Christmas tree thread about how long it took DME to deliver their luggage @ BCV...all I could think was: "must be those looooong hallways". Another Richyams-ism!

I've been lurking these boards for a while now since 1998 or so. Just like a lot of people who come here to get information. I started actively posting mostly on the budget board. But I do remember reading alot of his posts. I didn't know he had passed away, I'm sorry to hear this.

It's funny how you come to the boards and although you may not actively chat or have anything to say, you just read what people write. But you get to know the posters especially if you constantly see the same signatures over and over.

I'm not a lurker anymore, I feel that if I have something to contribute I will add to a thread. I'm definately not debateable or controversial or anything like that. But now that it was mentioned I do miss reading what his view or comments would be.

I think Rich would keep it short and sweet...

"You are interested in buying into AKV? Well, some would say that OKW is the ONLY TRUE DVC resort. "

LOL, he did make some comments that will last forever. Just yesterday, someone was talking about their long hallways at BWV and all I could think of was "like rats in a maze". And when we visited someone at BWV recently, the first comment someone made when entering the villa was "Give me a paper towel-I want to see if Richyams was right, you CAN clean the entire unit with one paper towel." Richyams was such a memorable character-I miss him here!

Was he saying that is a bad thing? I kind of think it could be a plus....

I used to lurk on another board and read his posts. He was wonderful. I would love to have had the nerve to interact with him. He would have cut me to pieces, he had a real gift.

LOL, he did make some comments that will last forever. Just yesterday, someone was talking about their long hallways at BWV and all I could think of was "like rats in a maze". And when we visited someone at BWV recently, the first comment someone made when entering the villa was "Give me a paper towel-I want to see if Richyams was right, you CAN clean the entire unit with one paper towel." Richyams was such a memorable character-I miss him here!

I think the quote was that you could not only clean it with one paper towel, but you could do it without moving your feet! (or maybe that's just the legend having grown...)

I have a friend who would bemoan the fact that the new people at work were not the crazy characters we worked with in the "good old days". He would call the new people 'vanilla' and he would say "Where are all the Rocky Road people, these people are all *@# vanilla!!" Well Rich sure was a Rocky Road guy and very enjoyable to watch.

One of my favorite Richyams quotes:
We did breakfast there once several years ago and while the castle itself was breathtaking and the princess was hot, the food was pretty lousy.
I have a feeling he would have come up with a name like Villas at the Humane Society for VAKL. He loved to get a rise out of people. I miss his posts.:)

I miss his posts, too. He is probably one of the reasons we bought DVC - I loved his humor and he loved DVC, how could we go wrong? I remember our first room at BWV and all I could think of was Rich Yams when we were walking and walking and walking - we were the second to the last room! I did try reaching from the balcony to the fridge but didn't quite make it..... :rotfl2:

Also, one of my favorites about his mother-in-law....
"We went to MGM on Sunday, hoping that Epcot would be better Monday. My 200 year old, three foot tall mother in law really had a blast. A set of street performers, three yentas on the back of a car saw her from a distance and started calling out to her, "Its Lucille Ball!!"(maybe her bright red har had something to do with that). Never realized just how accessable WDW actually is. There was nothing that you couldn't do with a wheelchair. She didn't make it too long into the days, but she had a great time."

I also remember the day I read that he had passed away and I was so stunned. I was never aware he was sick and I was also surprised at my reaction to someone I had never met but only read his posts on line. I hope there's an OKW Grand Villa in heaven!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter