What would Richyams say?!

I just wanted to thank you guys for this thread... No, this isn't Richyams returned from the dead, but his daughter, and I just checked up on here today to see if he'd been mentioned lately. :) I love re-reading his old posts, and I'm happy so many of you remember him and miss him as well. It's been really hard not having him around the past few years, and he's missed so much (my high school graduation, my sweet sixteen, my horseback riding accomplishments, my acceptance letter from & first day of college...) but I feel like somehow he's still around. This just sort of cements that feeling. :)

- Jacqui

;) wouldnt it be fun if every once in while Rich's old threads would just appear and all the old dis members would have great memories reading them again, and all the new dis members can see what a great discer Rich was...;)

besides wouldnt it be fun to keep posting to Rich's threads :goodvibes

Rich DD, he would have been proud of you :hug:

thank you for posting in his discer name :wizard:

when Alyssa and I were luxuriating in our 1 br at OKW, I found myself thinking of Rich more than once. One of my favorites was about cooking pigs feet in the villa.

I just wanted to thank you guys for this thread... No, this isn't Richyams returned from the dead, but his daughter, and I just checked up on here today to see if he'd been mentioned lately. :) I love re-reading his old posts, and I'm happy so many of you remember him and miss him as well. It's been really hard not having him around the past few years, and he's missed so much (my high school graduation, my sweet sixteen, my horseback riding accomplishments, my acceptance letter from & first day of college...) but I feel like somehow he's still around. This just sort of cements that feeling. :)

- Jacqui

Jacqui, it's so nice to hear from you. Your dad was a hoot! I wonder how many threads he ended up getting locked. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Nothing in the world like getting people you don't even know all fired up about something. He would have been great to know in person. Our wamest regards to you and your family!

Jacqui,

Thanks for checking in and letting us know how you're doing. I remember your Dad's posts about you and your education--he was very passionate about that. But then, he was passionate about a lot of things. :rolleyes: I miss his threads too.

One of my favorites was about cooking pigs feet in the villa.

Oh-- I loved those! I was fairly new to the Dis when he posted that, and I remember thinking-- is this guy for real?
He loved OKW as much as we do, so I'm sure we would have gotten along (as long as we kept politics out of it)
Jacqui-- thanks for posting-- I think of your family every time I see the OKW lighthouse-- am I correct in remembering that he will be near the lighthouse forever (more than just in spirit?) I hope so-- that's one of my requests, too.:thumbsup2

I remember Rich mentioning that he rented a GV at OKW for just his family, so everyone had room to spread out, on one of his vacations. That was the first thing I remembered when we checked in to a GV. I miss his posts, too. This board is much too quiet and boring without him.:wizard:

Jacqui,

You are doing your Father proud.
We all miss him.
The leagcy he left in you is an inspiration for all parents.

Kevin

Hi Jaqui :wave:. I thought it was your Mom stopping by to say hello. What a nice surprise. :cloud9:

Yes indeed, your Dad is remembered here on these boards.

Stop by now and then and let us know how you are doing!

PS Did anyone catch My Name is Earl last week? I must say, I thought of Richyams when it aired. Seems this character Josh died and he had a ton of friends on the internet. It was the sweetest show I have seen in a very long time.:grouphug:

Hi Richyams DD!!!!!

I know your dad would have been so proud of your acceptance into college!
How is college life treating you?
Do you get to visit WDW much these days?

I started posting AFTER your Dad had passed, but I got to know him through his old posts and everyone's fond remembrances. So I feel that I kinda knew him too.

Laughter is the best legacy, and your dad kept a lot of people smiling and laughing! And yes, rats in a maze ALWAYS comes to mind as I walk the halls of my beloved BWV!!! (But I do think I could have won your dad over to the dark side by posting one of my boardwalk VIEWS...

I love it that you stop in on occassion...why not make it a habit?:hug:

Oh-- I loved those! I was fairly new to the Dis when he posted that, and I remember thinking-- is this guy for real?
He loved OKW as much as we do, so I'm sure we would have gotten along (as long as we kept politics out of it)
Jacqui-- thanks for posting-- I think of your family every time I see the OKW lighthouse-- am I correct in remembering that he will be near the lighthouse forever (more than just in spirit?) I hope so-- that's one of my requests, too.:thumbsup2

Hi - This is Rich's wife, Lisa (yeah, me and Jacqui share Rich's screen name, lol). His ashes were scattered at the Lighthouse (on the rocks, behind it facing the water) so um, yeah - he's there in spirit :)

His ashes were also scattered on the golf course at OKW, at MK at the Haunted Mansion (under the tombstone "Here Lies Good Ol' Fred"), AK's Tree of Life, in the Japanese garden at Epcot, amongst other places. We also left him a Legacy at Epcot which states "Richyams....A Legend", which is located about the third row back from the Geosphere, left hand side, middle section, about two rows from the right...

Hope all are well - and THANKS for always keeping Rich's name alive on this board. It means the world to both Jacqui and me...

Hugs
Lisa

Hi - This is Rich's wife, Lisa (yeah, me and Jacqui share Rich's screen name, lol). His ashes were scattered at the Lighthouse (on the rocks, behind it facing the water) so um, yeah - he's there in spirit :)

His ashes were also scattered on the golf course at OKW, at MK at the Haunted Mansion (under the tombstone "Here Lies Good Ol' Fred"), AK's Tree of Life, in the Japanese garden at Epcot, amongst other places. We also left him a Legacy at Epcot which states "Richyams....A Legend", which is located about the third row back from the Geosphere, left hand side, middle section, about two rows from the right...

Hope all are well - and THANKS for always keeping Rich's name alive on this board. It means the world to both Jacqui and me...

Hugs
Lisa

I read this thread, and got only snippets of what a real jewel he was. As a newbie, I am compelled to search his threads. Just from reading the quotes on this thread, and the beautiful words of his lovely wife and daughter, I know that these boards were very lucky to have him. Thank you for introducing him to us in this thread.

You know Lisa and Jacqui...I never go through the entrance of OKW without thinking of Rich. We were just there a couple of weeks ago, and I thought of him as I heard the "welcome home". Glad you scattered him at various places throughout his "world"....good to know he is spending eternity there!!!

First thought I had when I saw the new AKV blueprints was of Richyams and what he would have to say about THOSE hallways !!! He is missed!

Hi Lisa and Jacqui, I always search for old Richyams postings to cheer me up. I will look out for his legacy at Epcot.

Yep, I miss the "other" OKW supporter too! He was a classic around here that will never have an equal.

I remember when I started getting interested in DVC and started lurking around these boards. Richyams was one of the posters I looked forward to reading most.

I remember the jokes about BWV most because my manager at the time owned there and I used to laugh to myself imagining him doing the long walk down the hallway just to sit on the balcony and reach for his beer while the aroma of pigs feet wafted around him. Made the tough days at work sneaking onto the Disboards go faster.

Glad to know he is now part of the place he loved so much. I hope to be so lucky some day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter