What would you do first?

DisneyMimiUSMC

Mouseketeer
We will be going to Maui for one week at the Hyatt Andaz or the Hyatt at Hana (still deciding) and then two weeks at Aulani. Which would you do first? Maui or Oahu? Thanks for any input!

I usually try to put Aulani at the end of my trip, as I use that as relaxation time after all my sightseeing and before the long flight home. I imagine it would depend on what, and how much, you plan to do on both islands.

I would do Oahu first.
To me, Maui is more relaxing and while Aulani can be relaxing and fun too, there are people everywhere starting at 7am everyday. In Maui, you'll see a lot less people at either of those resorts you're considering. Hana is remote and a lot of tourists just do the road to Hana drive for the day, but won't stay there so you'll really get to experience the peacefulness of that side of the island. Hana is what I would consider country Hawaii, things are old school, original and I love it. Andaz is in Wailea and it is a gorgeous resort, you can absolutely do some luxuriating around that area/resort and get pampered.
So if you want true relaxation towards the end of your trip, I suggest doing Maui last.

By the way, food options in Hana will be more limited but make sure you check out Braddah Hutts BBQ! It has been several years since we went to Maui but the food from this truck is finger-licking good and we still remember them til this day!

Whatever you decide, it sounds like an amazing trip and you'll have a great time!

I second Starting off at Oahu and ending in Maui. Your remembrance of Aulani will have you wanting to return

Also, check flight times and cost. Hawaiian schedules many of their planes in a mainland - Honolulu - Maui - mainland route, so often better to do Oahu then Maui, depending on the airline.

Oahu has way more people and way more to do. Do Oahu first then unwind on Maui. Oahu is wasted if you just stay at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter