What would you do? (Jambo vs Kidani, 1-bedroom vs 2-bedroom, FD vs renting pts!)

TsLoveMickey

Mouseketeer
I need some insight from the experts. We (me, DH, DS-5 and DS-1) stayed at AKL in a regular room in December and loved the resort. Planning a six-night trip for the fall for us as well as my mom and dad. This is what we have it narrowed down to:

- One-bedroom at Kidani (because of the second bathroom) with savanna view OR two-bedroom at Jambo or Kidani standard view (prefer Jambo's standard views but Kidani's option for a dedicated unit in the two bedroom) ... All of these are approximately the same price. I will say I LOVE the lobby at Jambo. We did go to Sanaa last time so I've been to Kidani ... didn't not like it, but it certainly wasn't the main building. We also could be going during swimming weather and we've done Jambo's pool, so Kidani's pool/splash pad might be nice for the kids.

- Renting points vs waiting to see if we could get free dining with the one bedroom. The savings of renting vs going cash for the same room would be about $1,000, which *should* tip the scales in favor of free dining saving us money...

Thanks!

Families seem to LOVE Kidani but since you mention loving the lobby at AKL, I hesitate to vote for that. I am like you and love jambo (haven't stayed at Kidani but have visited). I'd book the best rate I could find on a 1 or 2-bedroom in Jambo.:earsboy:

Wouldn't the savings of renting be greater than $1000? Unless you are receiving a discounted cash price as well as free dining. I just had a quick look at the rack rate for 6 nights in November (just picked a random 6 nights) and the total with taxes would be $4745 for Kidani 1 BR Savannah view while renting for the same 6 nights would be $2646 (@ $14/pt). I may be missing something though so please forgive me if that is the case...just trying to help :)

While Kidani has a great rep, I would always choose Jambo. For me it's just more convenient to the restaurants and such.

I need some insight from the experts. We (me, DH, DS-5 and DS-1) stayed at AKL in a regular room in December and loved the resort. Planning a six-night trip for the fall for us as well as my mom and dad. This is what we have it narrowed down to:

- One-bedroom at Kidani (because of the second bathroom) with savanna view OR two-bedroom at Jambo or Kidani standard view (prefer Jambo's standard views but Kidani's option for a dedicated unit in the two bedroom) ... All of these are approximately the same price. I will say I LOVE the lobby at Jambo. We did go to Sanaa last time so I've been to Kidani ... didn't not like it, but it certainly wasn't the main building. We also could be going during swimming weather and we've done Jambo's pool, so Kidani's pool/splash pad might be nice for the kids.

- Renting points vs waiting to see if we could get free dining with the one bedroom. The savings of renting vs going cash for the same room would be about $1,000, which *should* tip the scales in favor of free dining saving us money...

Thanks!

Two bedrooms at Jambo would be my choice. Your parents could have their own bedroom and that trumps everything for sure! Have fun!

We've stayed in a 1 BR with five plus an infant and it was fine. That was just our immediate family, though. I would never get a 1BR with two couples. However, if you go that route, Kidani wins hands down because of the second bathroom. We've stayed at Jambo three times and Kidani three times. We prefer Kidani, in part because we prefer the pool. Now that our youngest is three, we need the two BR. It was great having that much space, and it would give your parents privacy, as others have suggested. I've never found free dining to be better than renting points. But I also think they've priced the food to oblivion just to make free dining seem like a deal. The main drawback to renting points is not being able to change your dates. We've really lucked out so far and not had to cancel. But it's something I think about for our next trip and whether I want to risk having to fight a trip insurance provider to get our money back.

Id go two bedroom at Kidani. Better pool, nicer rooms, second bath, bus picks up first there. I love using the kitchen. Just got back. Dining plan would have been $3641. We spent $1464 on food. Are out every day at least once. Jambo's restaurants are not far. Take the shuttle, walk or hop on any bus. Boom, you're there. Best of both worlds.

I'd choose two bedrooms, no matter which building.

I like my privacy, so would need my own bedroom. I wouldn't sleep for a whole vacation on the sofa sleeper and feel comfortable. Maybe one night but rather the adults have their own rooms.

Plus the one bedroom only sleeps five. Four adults and at least two kids (you used the plural kids versus kid). Get at least a two bedroom.

Renting points for a two bedroom will be your best value. Renting points opposed to paying cash for a one bedroom in general will come a lot closer in price. A Kidani 2 BR will have 3 bathrooms with an amazing master bathroom....as in the size of the rooms at a value.... and be a little larger then the 2BR at Jambo However you will likely get a view of the street..... the food options are not so good and of course the lobby and main animal viewing area. ON the other hand the slide at the pool is one of the best at Disney and the pool has the pay area that you know about.... Jambo 2BR will have 2 bathrooms be a little smaller have access the nicer lobby and better food options also you may get an obstructed Savannah view as in you will be above a fence in the corner especially if request to be on left side of the building, look at the map for the name of the trail... sorry I do not like that side my whole family got sick the one time we stayed in that side otherwise I would remember the name or look it up :rolleyes1
hope this helps you choose... Both sides are nice we prefer Jambo...
Lastly if you plan on renting points for a 2BR Standard view at Jambo you better do it long in advance as in 7 months if possible as they go fast...Kidani follows shortly after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter